The online racing simulator
Only one real-life track
(178 posts, started )
But we`ll never see it in the game
It`s too big, and I rather see the dev`s using time on like 2 tracks than 1 gigantic one.
Yeah, physicis first and foremost.
Then if, IF it's real track......Nordschleiffe!!!!!!!!
Well, that track is also nice:

It's 4KM long, the longest straight has 560m and it's 12m wide.

and here's the track:
here is a list of tracks that i would like to see:

TT-assen ( netherlands )
Daytona road course and oval
nurburgring
lemans
interlagos
the old hockenheim
monza
donington park

This track on the photo and the map looked very nice too. Wich one is it?
the ring as far as im concerned !
Quote from Dominic123 :This track on the photo and the map looked very nice too. Wich one is it?

Well... it's a track in Poland(if You are talking about mine ^^). It looked nice ^^ and there was a map so i've posted it. And there is a little kart track ^^.
bathurst or laguna seca for me pls
Tsukuba. But anyway, some nice tracks designed by Victor would do the job, I think real tracks are not necessary
Quote from KSheppard :This is the one i want - bonus points to whoever can name it

No idea - it looks interesting though. What track is it?
Quote from petercollins :Ok

Let's say Scawen and the lads put all of their hard-earned cash into gaining the rights to use one real-life track. Fantasy for now, I know, but which would you pay the price-tag for?

For me it would be Bathurst, and here's why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ErEB2rfGoM

Offline and on, it would be an absolute joy to race on.

An independent oz track like this would be easier to gain rights to than an F1 circuit I would have thought?

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Bloody hell was he flying round. Though if we have any Aussie tracks we should have V8 Brutes rather than V8 Supercars, just because Brutes rock my socks.

I'd like to see Phillip Island Raceway, not the most famous track in the world, but I like it quite a lot, and T1 wouldn't be a crash risk, T2 might be though.
Oh why the hell not?

Mosport International Raceway in Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada, or le Circuit Mont Tremblant in Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada.

Both beautiful and challenging circuits. And Canadian.
Quote from MAGGOT :And Canadian.

So they say aboot and eh all the time, and spend half of the season closed for snow?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :So they say aboot and eh all the time, and spend half of the season closed for snow?

Yep. Except those Quebecers, they just swear at you in french (But they're still closed for winters).
Quote from MAGGOT :Yep. Except those Quebecers, they just swear at you in french (But they're still closed for winters).

Have you ever tried cursing in French? It's like wiping your arse with silk.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Have you ever tried cursing in French? It's like wiping your arse with silk.

Yea, but then you're just left with shart-covered silk; and your arse still ain't clean.
There are few tracks I'd defenately like to see in LFS, at least some corners:

- Ahvenisto track in Finland. A bit similar like the Knockhill, either one would be great in LFS
Basically this track is something that has everything that LFS don't have. Slow corners and elevation changes. I have tried the track in rf but the physics are simply not good enough to make it enjoyable. Fits especially well to slower cars at the lack of straights means that power does not necessarily equal fast.

- Infineon raceway
This track is imho surprizingly good, it is kind of mix of Mosport and Riverside. Infineon was one of my favourites in GT4 and the track can handle all kinds of cars up to big GTRs, not really too good with BF1 though.

- Road Atlanta
Imho, very enjoyable track, easy to learn and not really hard to master either. But still very enjoyable to drive.

- Road America and Virginia international
Especially VIR is what Aston should have been. Interesting corners, still fast and longish race track.

- Mosport
No explanation needed. It is just perfect track imho . Not so many places to pass but as driver's challenhe it is like small sized 'ring

Other good tracks are imho Watkins Glen, Bathurst, Brands hatch, Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Österreich ring, Sachsenring, Suzuka, Tsukuba. Hmm, I think I missed few

As for other tracks, imho Spa is just boring in anything that is slower than bi-turbocharged FZ50 with racing tires. The Eau rouge is flatout in everything slower than BF1 but the new bus stop is imho nice, a lot better than the old one (flamesuit on) but the rest of the corners are like Westhill corners, a bit better still teh suck.

Laguna Seca is nice too but in LFS I think the corckscrew would be yet another example of going almost flatout through it cutting the corners. The other corners, except of T1 and the downhill part after the corkscrew are really nothing special. 'Seca would still be great one too.

No one mentioned Nürburgring yet?
Hyperactive look at first page for Nurrry
I'd like to have the most beautifull track on Earth:
Yes indeed...
Spa-Francorchamps speeding down the eau rouge going on the Radillon going....
Quote from Hyperactive :Laguna Seca is nice too but in LFS I think the corckscrew would be yet another example of going almost flatout through it cutting the corners. The other corners, except of T1 and the downhill part after the corkscrew are really nothing special. 'Seca would still be great one too.

Just stick some sponsorship signboards with invisible barriers at the corkscrew, or put high FE-like kerbing. Otherwise just go the Microsoft CART route, and put concrete barriers instead of run-off!
I tryed to do that on Forza 2 once in an evo lol ended up in the wall lol.
Just like to add that IMHO a race track without either a hairpin and/or a chicane of some form isn't a race track, it's a drag strip !

IMHO the perfect track would have a (minimum) combination of:

a) One decent length straight, (where close to max speed is possible), and one shorter one.

b) A relatively tight chicane, (which can't just be straight lined), and/or a hairpin.

c) Some fast curves (including at least one combination)

d) Some mid paced curves (including at least one combination)

e) At least one decreasing radius corner

f) Some elevation and camber changes.

Just my opinion so don't shoot me !
Quote from gezmoor :Just like to add that IMHO a race track without either a hairpin and/or a chicane of some form isn't a race track, it's a drag strip !

IMHO the perfect track would have a (minimum) combination of:

a) One decent length straight, (where close to max speed is possible), and one shorter one.

b) A relatively tight chicane, (which can't just be straight lined), and/or a hairpin.

c) Some fast curves (including at least one combination)

d) Some mid paced curves (including at least one combination)

e) At least one decreasing radius corner

f) Some elevation and camber changes.

Just my opinion so don't shoot me !

Sounds dangerously like Spa.

a) Kemmel to Les Combes for the long one, and the F1 pit straight for the short one.

b) Bus Stop and La Source

c) Pouhon to Blanchimont

d) Malmedy (just after Les Combes on the map) to Pouhon

e) T11 after Rivage (the tricky left-hander)

f) plenty of it!

Only one real-life track
(178 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG