The online racing simulator
Only one real-life track
(178 posts, started )
Quote from Linsen :edit: PIR isn't really all that exciting, tbh.

I just watched the MR2 video, and came to the same conclusion. Looks a bit dull really.
But listen folks...isn't sim racing all about making a simulation as close to reality as possible?

Aren't real circuits as much a part of racing as real cars?

I'd hate a glut of crappy mod tracks too, but if the official S3 product had maybe 3 real-life tracks, wouldn't it be cool if current players had a say as to what they might be?

It would, admit it

..and especially if they were of the quality of the current tracks...hey I could live around the corner from Blackwood I know the place so damn well!!!
My vote goes to Pacific Raceways, simply because it's so technical and demanding.

DK
Quote from petercollins :Aren't real circuits as much a part of racing as real cars?

Yes. But not so much of simracing. I couldn't care less if the tracks in LFS exist in real life or not, as long as they're good.
I'd say in the tradition of 1 track - multiple layout...

Oulton Park
International
Island
Fosters (the origonal layout in the 60s)
plus the historic layout of no chicane at Brittens/Foulstons and Knickerbrook

Or the New Anglesey
International
National
Coastal
Club
if they are going to do it then they should just have a poll about it, i think

layout the options tell the commuity that these are your only choices and vote
#57 - JTbo
Nah, Motopark is just fine, we would just need those proper cars :P
Quote from JTbo :Nah, Motopark is just fine, we would just need those proper cars :P

Hah!

Cool video

Reminds me of my first race at Blackwood (Turn 1 specifically)!!

I remember the old Sensible Software guys used to listen a lot to the community, but then again...they do say a camel is a horse designed by a committee..

Maybe best leave it to the developers!
Yes, i loved that top gear episode with the "small german cars", 10X10 i think.

Ascari would be a good choice since, if you are going to have only ONE real track why not have the best of a whole ton of tracks sewn together?

but i guess we can also make our own version of Ascari with as many features we can think of, and what about getting the top gear test track for the car park?
Quote from AbsolutMartini :and otherwise well let's say Suzuka.

Suzuka has been one of my favorite tracks since i first played Ferrari 355 Challenge. Also, have to through in Road Atlanta. Great Track. Also really like Tsukuba. If any of those 3 made it, i'd be happy. If i had to pick just one, i'd probably go with Road Atlanta though.
Nordschleife and Südschleife combined.
V.I.R is a very nice track for sure, it even looks like a LFS track. It reminds me abit of Westhill but with more interesting corner combinations and more agressive elevation changes.
Although I'm an Aussie and would love to see an Australian track, my vote actually goes to Zandvoort:

Lap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlERDtGcCf0

Maps:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Circuit_Zandvoort.png
http://www.cpz.nl/info/circuit_layout/plattegrond2007.jpg

The circuit is traditionally regarded as very challenging. It has a good mixture of slow and fast corners, varying cambers and elvation changes. The high speed section between T3 to T6 sits on a hilly incline and decline, and are taken almost blind. The final two turns emphasize accurate lines and fast exit speed, with the long pit straight following.

There are three layouts:
4.3km GP layout
2.9km "National" layout (shorcut after Hunserug and before Audi-S Bocht)
1.4km "East" layout (T5 to T9) for karting
I want some of the rally maps in FlatOut 1 and 2
or
Or some of the toca drive racer (the long tracks)
Quote from samjh :Although I'm an Aussie and would love to see an Australian track, my vote actually goes to Zandvoort:

Lap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlERDtGcCf0

Maps:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Circuit_Zandvoort.png
http://www.cpz.nl/info/circuit_layout/plattegrond2007.jpg

The circuit is traditionally regarded as very challenging. It has a good mixture of slow and fast corners, varying cambers and elvation changes. The high speed section between T3 to T6 sits on a hilly incline and decline, and are taken almost blind. The final two turns emphasize accurate lines and fast exit speed, with the long pit straight following.

There are three layouts:
4.3km GP layout
2.9km "National" layout (shorcut after Hunserug and before Audi-S Bocht)
1.4km "East" layout (T5 to T9) for karting

Good choice
#66 - halo
Brno or Mugello would be fine.
And others I wish to see in LFS; Spa, Suzuka, Monza and of course, The Ring.
Quote from aroX123 :I want some of the rally maps in FlatOut 1 and 2
or
Or some of the toca drive racer (the long tracks)

Hehe, it would be awesome with some Flatout tracks in LFS. OF course we would need more rallycross cars then, because the other cars would struggle on those tracks
#68 - _ak
Spa!
I love this one in F1RC and GTR2
Quote from Polyracer :Agreed

If there is to be only one track - then get your money's worth, - it simply has to be the Nords.

Ok its big, but it has justabout every straight and corner configuration, and is an immence challenge.

I like Cadwell too - but the Nords is a lot more of the same sort of challenge.

Agreed. Would be really fun in the bmw, as well as the GTR cars
I want Silverstone!
I've often thought we should map some real roads.

How about the A82 from Crianlarich to Fort William, E along Glen Spean to Dalwhinnie then back along the N side of Loch Tay to hook up at Crianlarich again

Ok so its about 50 miles or so........but the roads are class
Quote from HVS5b :I've often thought we should map some real roads.

How about the A82 from Crianlarich to Fort William, E along Glen Spean to Dalwhinnie then back along the N side of Loch Tay to hook up at Crianlarich again

Ok so its about 50 miles or so........but the roads are class

What I was thinking, although it may incourage stupid ricers who wanna street race
I'm quite sure that we're not never gonna see these two in LFS. But ofcourse, Nürbugring Nordschleife could be great.

But, the one what I really want, Isle of Man. I mean these both are great legends, but Isle of Man is so rarely seen on any games. It would be great fun to drive LFS cars in Isle of Man.
Quote from jayhawk :I only want an oval from America, so that I can sleep soundly at night knowing that I perpetuated another stereotype.

But seriously, I would like Road America, since it is beloved internationally, and it is a killer brakes and tires...you have to be skilled with not only racing but tire management.

RA for SURE!

WHen I drove on it wow, the scenery and elevation changes, the monster backstrait with slower sections of the track make it a great track. Then that last bridge... made my skin tingle heading up to that corner at 90MPH, full throttle waiting for the dip on the far side of the corner and hoping that you put the right amount of steering in to prevent an off on the backside, which cannot be seen =)

Only one real-life track
(178 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG