The online racing simulator
It raised awareness, the same way Al Gore has. Gore flys around the world in jumbo jets to talk about global warming while he spends over $30,000 a year on electricity and lives in a huge house. Honda do the same while racing in F1 with 2 teams, and pumping more and more cars onto the roads of the world. But the fact is that these hypocrits have done more to increase awareness of global warming, in a couple of years, than the tree huggers that don't wash have in decades. The enviromentalists hate it because the 'enemy' are doing more about the issue than they can or have, simply because green energy is now big business and there is profit to be made.
All these new cars are starting to look the part but i want the first round to come around already to see whos with it and whos not. Hope Redbull finally got there act together.
I'll be bold enough to make my list of hotornot regarding the teams:

=1. Mclaren
=1. Ferrari
3. BMW
4. Williams (if they can keep up development as I believe they have a good solid chassis)
5. Renault
6. Honda
7. RedBull
8. Toyota
9. Super Aguri
10. Force POWAH India
11. Torro Rosso

As we all know that will change and i'm not too sure myself on some teams (renault, williams, honda)

It's pretty certain Torro Rosso will be at the back, with Force POWAH India making their way up the grid slowly through the season (if the cash keeps coming).

Toyota will still blow big time with their hickledy pickledy ideas on management, and Mclaren & Ferrari will be tussling it out at the top.

Come disagree with me
Quote from MR_B :Mclaren & Ferrari will be tussling it out at the top.

Come disagree with me

I don't disagree. I just hope BMW will be VERY close to them.

Those 3 at the front and Williams and Renault getting the remaining points. IMO.
BMW has had a lot of issues with balancing their car. It has either too much understeer or too much oversteer, and can't work on a compromise between the two.

Williams seem to be performing remarkably well during tests, and I think this year it might be Williams who will get the "best of the rest" crown.

However with Alonso back behind the wheel of a Renault, they'll probably do alright too.
Quote from MR_B :
=1. Mclaren
=1. Ferrari
3. BMW
4. Williams (if they can keep up development as I believe they have a good solid chassis)
5. Renault
6. Honda
7. RedBull
8. Toyota
9. Super Aguri
10. Force POWAH India
11. Torro Rosso

My list.

=1. Mclaren
=1. Ferrari
3. BMW
=4 Renault
=4 Honda
=4 Williams
=4 RedBull
8. Super Aguri
9. Toyota
10. Torro Rosso
11. Force POWAH India
BMW have been quite modest and pleasant since taking over Sauber and that's nice to see, but I hope Williams thoroughly trounce them this season.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :My list.
(...)

Mine:

Mclaren/Ferrari
BMW/Renault/Williams
Honda/Red Bull
Toyota
Torro Rosso
Force POWAH India/Super Aguri
1) Ferrari
2) Mclaren
3) Renault
4) BMW
5) Red Bull
6) Williams
7) Honda
8) Toyota
9) Toro Rosso
10) Super Aguri
11) Force India
My list
1] Ferrari
2] BMW
3]Mclaren
=3 Renault
4]Redbull
5]Williams
6]Honda
=6 toyota
7]Torro rosso
8]Force india
=8 Super aguri
I like how "Force POWAH India" is slowly being adopted as their actual name.

Glad to see everyone's making similar/educated guesses.
Quote from thisnameistaken :BMW have been quite modest and pleasant since taking over Sauber and that's nice to see, but I hope Williams thoroughly trounce them this season.

How dare you!? What has Williams ever done for us?

They do look very promising this season, though. Finishing top five in the testing sessions while supposedly not even trying to set fast laps. BMW on the other hand seems to struggle a little. And I'm not so sure they'll sort out their set-up problems till Melbourne. Or maybe they will, but the other teams will probably make progress as well.
Quote from Linsen :How dare you!? What has Williams ever done for us?

Williams is a real racing team - They are involved because of their love and passion for engineering and racing. Other teams (maybe not Rickshaw Force) are there because of the market value of F1 - They all sell something, like cars or energy drinks, and F1 is the right place to advertise.
New Renault:

Ooo! Very..... samey (made that word up)
Quote from hyntty :Williams is a real racing team - They are involved because of their love and passion for engineering and racing. Other teams (maybe not Rickshaw Force) are there because of the market value of F1 - They all sell something, like cars or energy drinks, and F1 is the right place to advertise.

Yeah, but there was no Williams-F1-car in LFS last time I checked.

Is the officially presented R28 any different to the one they already tested? I can't tell, those F1 cars look all the same to me.
Quote from hyntty :Williams is a real racing team - They are involved because of their love and passion for engineering and racing. Other teams (maybe not Rickshaw Force) are there because of the market value of F1 - They all sell something, like cars or energy drinks, and F1 is the right place to advertise.

Exactly. Williams are the only real "Privateer" team left, apart from Midland/Spyker/Force India/Whatever they'll be called next year.
Note to myself: Never post an ironic comment on a forum without this to go along:
Forgot about the BF1.

Like I said, BMW have been very modest and polite and likeable since they took over Sauber, it's just a shame that they badmouthed Williams. Thanks for the car though, BMW!
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :well at least they took the first step that no other teams have the courage to take.
and the livery on RA107 did raise the awareness of the issue of global warming so i dont really see it as a failure but a success.

btw, i quite like the 2007 livery, but this one is even better simple but beautiful

Yes, I hate those million stickers in those cars, I remember when Ferrari was last one that did not need sponsors and had only red paint, much darker than what it is today, similar red you can see in 250GTO for example.

Best paintjob is, from my opinion, one with least stickers and patches.
Last years Honda was nice as in tv pic you could see it look different from different distance, but I guess some don't like to use imagination everyday and stickers are much better than beautiful colour surfaces and gradients
Is this new Renault still V-keel? If so it will be the only one on the grid, will it not? Which type of chassis are Force India running?
I read it's zero-keel, but have absolutely no idea what that means...

Edit: nevermind, I looked it up. And it's called No-keel in english?
Single-keel is where the suspension mounts to the same point. Twin-keel means there are separate suspension mounting points for each wheel. Zero keel means the suspension is not mounted to the chassis and simply floats in mid-air, but it only works if you really believe in it.
LOL!

Single Keel = a small 'lump' underneath the monocoque takes the mounting of BOTH lower wishbones. Good structurally, but flawed aerdynamically, as the under-nose airflow is impeded.

Twin Keel = two small 'lumps' underneath the monocoque at each side, and each takes the mountings of ONE wishbone. Worse structurally, but a lot better in aero.

X-Keel = Renault, I think, used this. A bit of both design, with the structural benefits of single, with less aero problems. Not used anymore I don't think.

Zero-Keel = Each wishbone mounts onto the monocoque itself - there are no lumps (keels). Good structurally, good aerodynamically, but with a high nose means that the wishbones are angled in such a way to cause poor camber recovery, which will influence traction at the front. However, weight distribution, roll stiffness, static cambers and the added downforce at the front can more than compensate when things are right. It does make the suspension look silly though.

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG