The online racing simulator
2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
the guys that make the wheels were unhappy there branding got covered. That';s the reason they paint and brand them.. look butt ugly though
Hehe, i love all this ferrari fan and non ferrari fan thing here!

And of course the car is ugly lol. They have to make it ugly so McLaren dont get info yet before the 1st race.

And you really think that at their job they really give a damn about beauty? Hell if they cared about that they would have repalced Jean Todt years ago. We can only thank god BMW didnt look like that when they put it in LFS, else we be skining still

Sry for going somewhere silly, just couldnt refuse
Quote from ATHome :Form follows function. End of discussion.
I'm sure they know what will make the car go fast, so they'll do it.

Given the current formula. So let's blame the FIA for producing ugly F1 cars.

On the positive side, at least they've ditched that stupid idea about the split rear wing.
Quote from IlGuercio :She's a sexy girl who uses to reward each "member" of the team after a good work.
Speaking seriously...Alice is the name of our ADSL by Telecom.

Think Beano was referring to this
#30 - Gunn
Quote from srdsprinter :That could be the Ugliest Ferrari F1 car i've ever seen

To me it's beautiful. [etals:]
According to Ferrari's press release for the reveal of their 2008 car, the standard ECU that all teams must use is made by MES (McLaren Electronic Systems).
Call the lawyers quick.
#32 - aoun
The McLaren is supposed to be released today. I went on their website and watched the countdown from 4mins remaining..

...i was expecting an explosion, streamers and party hats with the mclaren 2008 reviled. Guess i was wrong!

Does anyone know roughly it should be released?

Hehe, PS, Mclaren is a typo on Firefox. It shows a squiggly line under it. When i correct it to Ferrari, its fine!!!
Quote from aoun :PS, Mclaren is a typo on Firefox. It shows a squiggly line under it. When i correct it to Ferrari, its fine!!!

#34 - JJ72
I think it looks good.

and Kimi agrees
Here we have the 2008 Mclaren! I got early spy shots texted to me by a Mclaren employee, they really love their texts.
Attached images
2008 mclaren.jpg
#36 - JJ72
I guess they run out of chrome
I did this back in September

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Here we have the 2008 Mclaren! I got early spy shots texted to me by a Mclaren employee, they really love their texts.

hey! it gets more red every single year...
2007 vs 2008 compare:

2008:

And something else...

That red sh*t always looked ugly, it keeps winning the "ugliest f1 car" prize.
But still there's a hope..This would be more accurate.

By the way, every one knows fia is ferrari's servant i guess ferrari will win the title again.Fia will find something else to punish mclaren in case ferrari isn't just fast enough to win on the track.

I hate ferrari i hate fia, but i'm a mclaren fan so can't stop watching f1.
Attached images
fia.jpg
Quote from ZORER :That red sh*t always looked ugly, it keeps winning the "ugliest f1 car" prize.
But still there's a hope..This would be more accurate.

By the way, every one knows fia is ferrari's servant i guess ferrari will win the title again.Fia will find something else to punish mclaren in case ferrari isn't just fast enough to win on the track.

I hate ferrari i hate fia, but i'm a mclaren fan so can't stop watching f1.

Your post has bitter after taste
Oh i can't wait to see the McLaren.... NOT... it's going to look the same minus a few different twirly bits

bring on 2009!
interesting front wing
#44 - JJ72
The top shot is just HOTTTTT.

especially the area near the barge board.
Well I don't know what the hell Mclaren have made this year, but judging by the pictures we have it is so huge that you can't get it all in one shot.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64543

and here are Ferrari stating the obvious...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64545

Next on our list is the Toyota launch on the 10th, apparently the team boss has been given till 2010 to sort the team out, so hopefully this years car will be better than average...or even average would do.
Attached images
XPB_03IB5KX049EWE907EHP8H-4.jpg
XPB_0WH36680V52UM80TDG6WW-4.jpg
XPB_0D9330H08BQE0X01V9HJ5-4.jpg
l_img_7335-4.jpg
#46 - axus
F1 cars don't look aggressive enough anymore. They don't look like they will tear your face off! They actually might if you drive one.. but I am not ever gonna do that!

I reckon as part of the regulations a panel of judges should determine if the car looks aggressive enough.
Nice one Axus, Autosport has a habit of not putting the good pictures on their site until later in the week so they can use them for their mag. I agree, I think the Mclaren looks better, but I always think that Ferrari should make good looking cars, and Mclaren should make cars that look like they will do the job and go fast. I guess they swapped this year.
Quote from axus :http://www.formula.hu/galeria/21443McLaren-Mercedes.jpg
http://www.mclaren.com/photogr ... laren_mercedes_mp4-23.jpg

I actually like the look of that, way more so than the Ferrari. Note the detailing ahead of the sidepods - and that bit that goes right through to ahead of the front suspension. And there's a sort of spoon outside the sidepods that scoops air in and there's a hollow bit around them. Very pretty if you ask me.

Well, you've got a keener eye than me, i can barely tell the difference from last years car. The only thing i noticed is, it looks like Heikki forgot to take the clothes hanger out of his racing suit before he put it on.
"The car includes an all-new carbon fibre gearbox."

Is that stolen from ferrari too??
hmm nope, must be stolen from arrows...call FIA!!! Punish them, quick!!

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG