The online racing simulator
2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
2008 F1 car launches
Kicking off the 2008 season with the launch of the ugliest Ferrari in the history of F1. It looks fine from the side, front and top, however from any other angle it looks like a Honda with boils.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64530

What do you guys think about it?
Attached images
64309_080002pre-4.jpg
64311_080004pre-4.jpg
64312_080005pre-4.jpg
64314_080007pre-4.jpg
64318_0800011pre-4.jpg
That could be the Ugliest Ferrari F1 car i've ever seen
It will be fast, very fast, because its a Ferrari, but I like my cars to look good. Anyway Mclaren will launch their car tomorrow, so maybe it will look like grey version of this Ferrari, but uglier.
The nose looks nice, the rest looks scruffy and festooned with extra wings. The new cockpit sides look stupid too, but after watching Coulthard nearly behead Wurz last year I'm not going to complain about that.
All single seaters are ugly
Quote from NitroNitrous :All single seaters are ugly

Some of the old low-nose cars looked beautiful (the Jordan 191 springs to mind).
3/4 view it looks weird but from the front its really nice, top it looks like some crazy robot (love it ) the rest is OK. But in the 3/4 view i find it weird.
#8 - Bean0
Alice....Who the f*ck is Alice ?

I think she makes steering wheels
Attached images
64313_080006wheel.jpg
#10 - joen
Quote from NitroNitrous :All single seaters are ugly

You forgot the "I think" part at the beginning of that sentence.

The Ferrari is hideous though. Most F1 cars these days are ugly, but this one takes the cake.
I think it looks better then the 2007-model. But function is more important then styling (just like by the Toyota Prius).
I remember worse looking cars, like the BMW with the silly saber teeth.

I think it looks gorgeous, like almost all F1 cars. But that just might be because what they do, not how they actually look.

Whats worrying me though, is that Kimi is smiling more than Felippe. He might have spend too much time with him and absorbed his Finnish mentality too well to gain some speed. Poor Felippe.
Quote from marzman :I think it looks better then the 2007-model. But function is more important then styling (just like by the Toyota Prius).

You mean that hybrid car that has about the same mpg as a diesel VW Golf mk4. That car is the finest display of greenwashing we had, until the Honda F1 teams paintjob. Its just something celebs buy to say they care about the enviroment, then they jump in their 2 billion litre W-kajillion monster truck and drive half a mile down the road to their local endangered species restaurant for a bit of Panda. Rant over.

On-Topic...ummm the Ferrari is ugly.

EDIT: found something on topic to post, apparently this launch car is nothing like the car we will see at the first GP...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64535
I saw a good mock up of what the 2008 McLaren might look like on finalgear ...

Quote from Bean0 :Alice....Who the f*ck is Alice ?

She's a sexy girl who uses to reward each "member" of the team after a good work.
Speaking seriously...Alice is the name of our ADSL by Telecom.
Quote from spiderbait90 :I saw a good mock up of what the 2008 McLaren might look like on finalgear ...

That's a big LOL for you.Also POWERED BY OUTLOOK EXPRESS would be fine
lol just another F1 car. They haven't really changed much for years. For sure they have got more curvy but still the same core design...

These launches are always crap/ You always want something really different and when the veil comes of "oh... is that it?"

lol

I hear they are going for a shorter wheelbase... i wonder who they got that idea from?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Some of the old low-nose cars looked beautiful (the Jordan 191 springs to mind).

I also like F3000 cars for looks, and the 80's stuff. The McLaren MP4/4, for example looks nice. I also like FRenault cars.

The walrus nosed Williams FW26 looked horrible, as do the double front wings, although they have to run them to be competitive.

This short wheelbase looks like a blatant attempt to copy the McLaren, they ballsed up on that last year, I guess they were busier entrapping McLaren employees.

BTW, Alice is an Italian telecommunications company.
Quote from duke_toaster :The walrus nosed Williams FW26 looked horrible,

I wasn't sure what to make of that, but I liked it more as the season went on. I think it was just nice to see a team try something different - shame it failed.
One thing ruins it for me...the fake wheel "thingies". They could have at least leave it black like before. Painting it like a wheel just makes it look cheaper. Guess they got some pressure from Bbs.

Another thing that I noted is that there are so many vertical fins it looks like it could not turn for its life! But that's probably due to my poor grasp on aeordynamic physics in turns...
Quote from joen :You forgot the "I think" part at the beginning of that sentence.

The Ferrari is hideous though. Most F1 cars these days are ugly, but this one takes the cake.

I don't think F1 cars are ugly and certainly not hideous, but god man, that's definitely not the prettiest F1 car I've seen in a long while, the front by it's self kinda looks like a hammer head shark, the rear-cockpit looks like they forgot their job in aerodynamics.
Lol @ the writing/grammar
Form follows function. End of discussion.
I'm sure they know what will make the car go fast, so they'll do it.
Still i can't understand why the wheels are painted in that hideous way.Reminds me of a car that used to park near my house at university,which had rear drum brakes but thanks to really horrible rims they looked like it had discs.They were like ehm...rims with some spokes...with a big metal disk behind them.Hope you (better if you don't) got the idea.

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG