The online racing simulator
Quote from hyntty :Hah! I bet atleast that Ron and probably Flavio too will find a way to cheat.

Well the ECU was designed by Mclaren, which is a little bit mental really, another great decision by the FIA. Ferrari are already saying it gives Mclaren an unfair advantage. No need to cheat when you designed the system, just exploit those loopholes you built in.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well the ECU was designed by Mclaren, which is a little bit mental really, another great decision by the FIA. Ferrari are already saying it gives Mclaren an unfair advantage. No need to cheat when you designed the system, just exploit those loopholes you built in.

Indeed. Actually FIA chose the McLaren ECU since Mc and MICROSOFT made the best offer... So next season the cars will crash much faster, without warning first and without any reason at all.
Quote from hyntty :Indeed. Actually FIA chose the McLaren ECU since Mc and MICROSOFT made the best offer... So next season the cars will crash much faster, without warning first and without any reason at all.

Actually, it will display a small warning:

Your vehicle has suffered a serious crash. Would you like to report this problem to McLaren and Microsoft?

[SEND] [DON'T SEND]

FiA is clever. They choose McLaren built ECU's just to be able to open a new investigation and punish McLaren in case they win the championship again.
no mether how ugly Ferrari is, that no 1 on nose makes it beautiful for me, there you go cheaters, use 23 now
Quote from N I K I :no mether how ugly Ferrari is, that no 1 on nose makes it beautiful for me, there you go cheaters, use 23 now

Nice to see someone taking a balanced, mature approach to the controversies of last year. Oh, wait...
Quote from ZORER :FiA is clever. They choose McLaren built ECU's just to be able to open a new investigation and punish McLaren in case they win the championship again.

you need help.

Now there's a few cars you would wanna drive the a**'s off!
Quote from Intrepid :

Now there's a few cars you would wanna drive the a**'s off!

I have seen most of those at Goodwood Festival of Speed over the years, everytime I see one I want to have some kind of intercourse with it, which usually gets me arrested. Not really, well ok maybe its a bit true.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I have seen most of those at Goodwood Festival of Speed over the years, everytime I see one I want to have some kind of intercourse with it, which usually gets me arrested. Not really, well ok maybe its a bit true.

lol... we've all been there.
Quote from Intrepid :lol... we've all been there.

I'm still having Eargasms from a Judd V10 I just heard
Quote from Intrepid :

Nice.

I really miss Lotus in F1, hasn't been the same without them.

Anyway, seeing as this thread seems to have come to the conclusion that the new Fezza is darn'd fugly. Which of the Lotus' in that pic do you think is the best looking ?

For me it's an easy choice, that 49 is in my opinion the second best looking F1 motor of all time, especially in that Gold Leaf livery. (and not that anyone cares, but the number 1 spot goes to the Mazzer 250F)
I prefer the pre-wing cigar tube cars - some were gorgeous. Maserati 250F, Lancia D50, Lotus 49 (without wings).

But I also like the JPS cars (that colour scheme could make a turd look nice), and the Camel one was also stunning pretty for what, underneath, isn't actually that pretty.
Here is the Toyota...

...to me it looks like they just stole ideas off last years grid and stuck them on in a random order.
Attached images
XPB_0G05M2P0HWAPOG0Q7WV0G-4.jpg
XPB_0L1ARY80CXRN290JKFU2O-4.jpg
XPB_067TTS10ULBYIO0KDDG5C-4.jpg
l_wi2t9648-4.jpg
Best of the bunch so far imho.
The Ferrari reminds me of a certain David Bowie song.

'Ground control to major Tom'. :ufo:
Yeah i see what you mean ATC, apart from those wing mirrors !. What the hell is going on there ?. How long are they gonna survive after T1, and boy are they gonna wobble.
Was never convinced by the aesthetics of contemporary F1 cars until I saw the Design Museum show the other year. Standing right next to a Ferrari from 2004 was a genuinely involving experience: every curve made sense - it was like you could actually hear the airflow over the car, or as if it had been sculpted in the same way water wears away rock.

Photos just don't convey that primal feeling.
Is it just me or does the new Toyota look strangely primitive? Either they've come up with some sublimely clever shapes or it's a demonstration of just how far behind they are in aero development.
What is up with those mirrors?
Let me know if I got any of this wrong or if I missed stuff out, check out last years cars to confirm this stuff. I think Toyota stole everyones technical drawings while they were busy fighting over the spy scandle.
Attached images
the car behind you is a...jpg
Copying other teams is legal - it has always been that way in F1, and always will [should] be. There is nothing wrong with the legality of that car (that we know of), and attempting to look clever has failed.

Gaining information directly from your competitors, via printed or electronic information, is forbidden (as it should be). But reverse engineering a concept from what you see isn't.
#99 - axus
The little thing on the sidepod actually looks very similar to that of last year's Williams, the mirror mounting is Renault. The hollow thing coming out of the sidepods, probably to get rid of some dirty air is a McLaren thing I think.
Quote from tristancliffe :Copying other teams is legal - it has always been that way in F1, and always will [should] be. There is nothing wrong with the legality of that car (that we know of), and attempting to look clever has failed.

Gaining information directly from your competitors, via printed or electronic information, is forbidden (as it should be). But reverse engineering a concept from what you see isn't.

Duh, I was making a joke. You know that thing that makes people go hahaha that was slightly amusing. I think they should change their slogan from 'Today Tomorrow Toyota' to 'Last year, Yesterday, Toyota' ok not the same ring to it, but more accurate. Toyota always do this though, its no suprise, and its no suprise that they have never done well, even when they clone a Ferrari they still can't win. For a leading car company you would think they can come up with their own ideas. Perhaps the paintjob was their idea?

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG