The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Here is the Toyota...

...to me it looks like they just stole ideas off last years grid and stuck them on in a random order.

well isnt that what every1 do in formula one these days?!
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :well isnt that what every1 do in formula one these days?!

Where do ideas for new aero bits come from then, I wonder?! Some teams work hard to think up how to clean the airflow in a certain area or direct air to another component. Then other teams see it and think "ooo, that's a cool looking piece". They figure out what it's for and adapt it to their car, and that's fine. Toyota just copy every bit they see and expect good results by the looks of it.
Quote from N I K I :no mether how ugly Ferrari is, that no 1 on nose makes it beautiful for me, there you go cheaters, use 23 now

Lets not forget that the 'scandal' also involved a Ferrari employee, but strangely, Ferrari are not punished at all??

And Ferrari arent exactly innocent when it comes to dirty play over the years are they?

Stitch up in my opinion
Quote from BlueFlame :That was a Williams not a BMW :

To be fair, it was a BMW Williams before they jumped to sauber.
I, for some strange reason quite like the new Ferrari...it looks...well..aggressive at least
its like ewww for me

sigh... ill just get used to it
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Here is the Toyota...

...to me it looks like they just stole ideas off last years grid and stuck them on in a random order.

Looks like they are running out of ideas
Quote from axus :Where do ideas for new aero bits come from then, I wonder?! Some teams work hard to think up how to clean the airflow in a certain area or direct air to another component. Then other teams see it and think "ooo, that's a cool looking piece". They figure out what it's for and adapt it to their car, and that's fine. Toyota just copy every bit they see and expect good results by the looks of it.

Yup, make much sense that they built two windtunnel for nothing and just copy parts base on some spy photo.

Come on, don't be silly.
Quote from 5haz :Lets not forget that the 'scandal' also involved a Ferrari employee, but strangely, Ferrari are not punished at all??

And Ferrari arent exactly innocent when it comes to dirty play over the years are they?

That's right.
I agree.
Quote from 5haz :Lets not forget that the 'scandal' also involved a Ferrari employee, but strangely, Ferrari are not punished at all??

To be honest I find both alarming and amusing so many people are completely unaware of intellectual property laws and issues, so they come to the conclusion that theft is acceptable and that robbed people are guilty too.

Putting the burden of guilt on the damaged part won't help making things look better for McLaren.

Just a hint, though: if you'll ever be damaged by a person you trusted don't come here complaining, some people have good long term memory.
It would be nice if everyone could put the spy scandle behind them, Ferrari have said they wanted to do that, but the constant complaints and digs at Mclaren are not exactly helping. Ferrari would be a lot more popular in this country if they stopped using the press in such a way.

For example...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64541
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64537
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64451
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64444

...then the cheek to say they want to leave it all behind.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64577

I've not heard a word from Renault about their own spy case, or complaints from Mclaren that Renault were not punished, or complaints from them about how harsh their punishment was. Instead they have left it behind in 2007, where it belongs.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
I've not heard a word from Renault about their own spy case, or complaints from Mclaren that Renault were not punished, or complaints from them about how harsh their punishment was. Instead they have left it behind in 2007, where it belongs.

It belongs also to 2008, but maybe you're unaware. At McLaren, they're aware. Just read their press releases.

About complaints, McLaren was forced to issue corrections about the information they gave to the press about Renault, exaggerating the extent of the spying by Renault. Talk about media manipulations.
sigh, all I want to see is new paintjobs dammit. Boring atm....
Quote from ATHome :Looks like they are running out of ideas

They're running out of chances, actually. The head honchos at Toyota Japan are getting impatient with the team.

Sad fact is, the reason why Toyota F1 isn't doing well is because Toyota Japan want to micro-manage the operation. They really should listen to Frank Williams' advice and learn to leave their F1 team to do their job the way the team wants to.

Actually, Toyota should abandon their F1 works team altogether, and team up with Williams as their engine supplier. Williams is doing better with Toyota engines than Toyota is doing themselves.
Quote from Tweaker :sigh, all I want to see is new paintjobs dammit. Boring atm....

As much as i love new checking out new areodynamics, new car shapes and going into detail with them, The only thing i look forward to is new liveries at the unveiling.

Wishing Honda would go for a shiny metalic jaguar green! Green is the earth colour, so why not?
because metallic paint poisons the earth
Honda's corporate colours don't include green. And if Honda is going to copy Jaguar, they may as well just quit F1.

I personally dislike the "earth" paint job. Honda should have stuck to its corporate colours of white, red, and black. They could have quite easily painted a planet earth or something like that on the body of the car, like where the old "Lucky Strike" logo used to be.
***Next Launch: BMW Sauber***

***See Live Stream of Launch HERE 14/01/2008 At 12 (doesn't specify timezone! Assume CET)***
Quote from Mazz4200 :Nice.

I really miss Lotus in F1, hasn't been the same without them.

Anyway, seeing as this thread seems to have come to the conclusion that the new Fezza is darn'd fugly. Which of the Lotus' in that pic do you think is the best looking ?

For me it's an easy choice, that 49 is in my opinion the second best looking F1 motor of all time, especially in that Gold Leaf livery. (and not that anyone cares, but the number 1 spot goes to the Mazzer 250F)

i've always had a soft spot for the 79 but not from the '78 season but from the '79 season in martini colours.

also, and this probably makes me very strange, i like the 80 a lot
If not a green honda. Maybe a black or charcol or gun metal honda would look awesome with red and white design or sponsors etc
Enough with the damned red and white already. Toyota is red and white, Super Aguri is red and white, Ferrari used to have a fair bit of white, Honda was red and white and might go back to it, and of course which colors did Force India choose? (Dark) red and white.

I miss Jordan's bright yellow, Renault's blue and yellow, Ligier/Prost's French blue, Jaguar's British racing green...

I wonder how Prodrive were planning to paint their cars.
Prodrive seem to be dead in the pond.
Yeah no Prodrive entry at all, and confirmed by the guys themselves. A shame... would've liked to see a new team in the mix. But I guess Force India is a force to be reckoned with!!!!
They will probably get a TATA Nano "Gti" for company car. hehe

2008 F1 car launches
(406 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG