The online racing simulator
Quote from Thunderhead :I have a problem: I followed the guide to the letter, but it does not save the render picture....it finishes the render, but when I go to the folder I selected for saving, the picture is not there....

F3 is to save it.

And if you did that, then I'm not sure whats wrong
Quote from niall09 :F3 is to save it.

And if you did that, then I'm not sure whats wrong

Well it is fixed now.

Now I have another question:

How to make it look less plastic-ish and less shiny?
Attached images
render.png
Orient the camera to prevent white patches, and reduce the specular shading. You can also raise the mirror reflection but the skin color would be less visible.

Anyway Blender renderer is not very powerful to make ultra realistic renders
Quote from Bean0 :After pressing F5, you should have the first screenie, click the circled arrow to expand the shaders menu.

and also Niall, thanks for the quick help!
Quote from kaulgt. :I need help with my render, i have edited one side of the front bumper and I want to flip it, I know how to duplicate and stuff but how do i flip objects?

Just press 'r' to rotate it. If you want to change axis, press the middle mouse button.
Quote from kaulgt. :
On the other hand...
I need help with my render, i have edited one side of the front bumper and I want to flip it, I know how to duplicate and stuff but how do i flip objects?
  • Select the half of the untouched part of the bumper you've modified (say that you added an intake in the right side and you want to mirror it to the left, so select the left half part) but DON'T select the vertex at the Middle plan (the vertex with X=0 coordinates)
  • press delete key to remove them
  • SOLUTION 1: separate the bumper half modified part by selecting the concerned vertex/faces and press "P" key, then apply a Mirror modifier to automatically spawn the symmetrical half part. Condition: Bumber object center (object's local origin) must me at X=0. Select in the mirror modified panel the correct axis to get the desired copy direction (try them). And adjust the merging radius if needed because the middle vertex are duplicated to the exact same position so this feature automerge the vertex to avoid a unwanted medium line.
  • SOLUTION 2 (delicate but more reliable): place the 3D cursor at X=0 (Y and Z don't matter) and select "3D cursor" in pivot tool selector on the left of the hand icon of the manipulation tools. Select your half part of your bumper EXCEPT the vertex located at X=0 to prevent duplicate them to the exact same position. Press "shift+d" to duplicate and immediately after press "S" key for scaling the new created duplication. Then press "X" key and type "-1". The duplicated half bumper part should be now mirrored, its scale should not be altered and be symmetric along axis X only with the symmetrical center as the 3D cursor.
Problem: check the UV mapping. Both bumper halves shares the same UV half part...
:jawdrop: lol i thought he just wanted to turn it the other way
How can you stop the double reflection of the front wheel on the FBM? It is mirrored in both panels by the front wheel which looks very weird
Damn, this is soo amazing :hyper:, thank you a lot, Bogey Jammer, for your efforts .

My first render ever :
Quote from kaulgt. :Okay thanks, I got it to work, anyway to merge the two parts together?

They should be already merged in one object, but otherwise select both and press "Ctrl+J" to join them.

Quote from Thorvertonian :How can you stop the double reflection of the front wheel on the FBM? It is mirrored in both panels by the front wheel which looks very weird

Remove the mirror effect in material panel or change the camera position to not look at that.
Hmm did several things already but i cant figure out how to add another car to it. where must I select the car duplicator ???

little hint for the render duds

Instead of the recommend 0,2-0,3 reflection use 0,75. Its awesome. Gives it a water kinda reflection. Look

Quote from niels1 :Hmm did several things already but i cant figure out how to add another car to it. Instead of the recommend 0,2-0,3 reflection use 0,75. Its awesome. Gives it a water kinda reflection.

But still cent get the duplicate right, where must I select the car duplicator ???

OK, when you open your scene, you see your car etc...
You know where the layers are, dont you?(They are beside the roatating tools) If so, click on the first little box (ie the first layer). All you will see is the car.

Now, press 'a' untill everything is selected. Then press 'shift+d' and click the left mouse button.

Next, click "object" and go to "move to layer", then you can move it around etc..

Then you select all the active layers and Render!!

Hope this halped
Gosh, I love this program

Improvments: bigger size, custom camera angle, reflective floor effect (2nd one) :

Quote from GFresh :Does anyone know how many threads the Intel C2D 6400 has?
Just trying to suck a bit more pace out of these renders

2 threads - 1 thread per core.
Quote from Jakg :2 threads - 1 thread per core.

I'd really suggest to use 1 thread though. Using 2 just slows down the PC a good bit and is a bit annoying, really.
Can anyone help me?

I can't seem to het the 'world' fixed.
So what's normally black on the background. It stays black whatever I do.
Quote from niall09 :I'd really suggest to use 1 thread though. Using 2 just slows down the PC a good bit and is a bit annoying, really.

The best way to check that is to chrono the same scene with 1 and next 2 threads. Performances are different like the hardware used by each people.

Quote from koolby :Can anyone help me?

I can't seem to het the 'world' fixed.
So what's normally black on the background. It stays black whatever I do.

Save your render to a .png file format. Other farmt which don't support alpha channel will render a black background.
Nice work. I Think i try that tomorrow and see if even I can render something kewl with it!
yeah thats the reflective floor, and id say it is ure mac, get XP, way 2 go
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :how is this reflective floor render? it looks abit funny to me. Or is it my crappy Mac?
:/

Maybe try Niels suggestion...

Quote from niels1 :
Instead of the recommend 0,2-0,3 reflection use 0,75. Its awesome. Gives it a water kinda reflection.

another question: what wrong with the shine in the attached picture? it only gets like that with more than 1 car.

and how do take the top off? the LX4?
(also note that I made the skin from scratch. its not TeazR's)
Attached images
DeWalt2.png
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :another question: what wrong with the shine in the attached picture? it only gets like that with more than 1 car.

and how do take the top off? the LX4?
(also note that I made the skin from scratch. its not TeazR's)

Someone else had weirdy lighting issues with multiple cars because the had duplicated the light source as well.

To remove the roof you need to start deleting bits.
Nice work Bogey Jammer, made some great renders with ur Ready-To-Render kit and this tutorial, thank you!

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG