The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
Thats the best idea I've ever seen, wow, go play NFS boy.
I'm not gonna argue, as its aside from the point of the thread

I drag race, licenced NHRA member...I race for money, and have a dedicated car. I love drag racing, and the complexity of it goes into it is what is overlooked, and what I meant by people discrediting it. Its not just hit the gas and hope you're the fastest, at least in its more sophisticated forms.

I was comparing an automatic to a standard manual when I mentioned boosted applications; sequential with fuel cut does achieve the same thing. So does flat shifting a manual trans, but it also destroys it over time.

and yes, the efficiency loss was in reference to automatics

and launching with a manual trans, you either feather it off the line, pin the gas and slip the clutch a bunch, pin the gas and drop the clutch and most likely have tire spin, have slicks and dump the clutch and hope you have enough power not to bog. All of those are less consistent than a launch with an automatic trans.

it might not be fair to say an auto can do a better burnout, but it certainly is easier to do so. With a manual you have to start with the clutch in, and foot on the gas, then jump over to the brake and try to stop the car, but not stop the tires from spinning. Also, you can shift an automatic to get more wheel speed when doing a burnout. Unless you have a car that could practically start doing a burnout in 2nd gear with a manual trans, it will be nigh impossible to shift from 1st to 2nd, let alone 2nd to 3rd.

I was not trying to stir up any hostility, I guess I was a bit angry that night
Heres my answer to this thread.

Erm...No
I agree to Nitrous on one condition. Drag Only. Drag is the only legitimate series that uses Nitrous, and that's how it should stay. But for LFS, only if we had good drag cars. Muscle Cars would be perfect. The server would have to have an option as well...

w/e

My :twocents:
Wow if you guys have the Top Fuel Dragster with a NOS kit that would be mind-blowing! :hyper:
Wheres the belt over the head option?
Quote from spanks :I love drag racing, and the complexity of it goes into it is what is overlooked, and what I meant by people discrediting it. Its not just hit the gas and hope you're the fastest, at least in its more sophisticated forms.

I see your point and I agree 100%.

Quote from spanks :and launching with a manual trans, you either feather it off the line, pin the gas and slip the clutch a bunch, pin the gas and drop the clutch and most likely have tire spin, have slicks and dump the clutch and hope you have enough power not to bog. All of those are less consistent than a launch with an automatic trans.

I already agreed that autos are more constistent, definately. But manuals can be faster. But I agree that in the higher classes ate least an auto is probably the only way.

Quote from spanks :With a manual you have to start with the clutch in, and foot on the gas, then jump over to the brake and try to stop the car, but not stop the tires from spinning.

You can also heel&toe, but both of these require some skill and practice, I agree it's not the easiest thing to do.

Quote from spanks : I was not trying to stir up any hostility, I guess I was a bit angry that night

I misunderstood certain parts of your post it seems and overreacted a bit
Jesus Christ. There is no N20 in drag racing morons.

Maybe the idiots who do it on the street yea, But this is a sim aiming for realism, In professional drag races they DO NOT USE NOS.
This has already been discussed.

Lock this thread please!
Quote from mathew4445 :Jesus Christ. There is no N20 in drag racing morons.

Maybe the idiots who do it on the street yea, But this is a sim aiming for realism, In professional drag races they DO NOT USE NOS.

You couldn't be more wrong.... NHRA Doesn't(Top Fuel, and Funny Cars), but IHRA(Everything Else) Does.
No way putting nitro into LFS... Everybody wanna make NFS from this game... Why?
Well since we have no real drag tuned car with over 1000 horsepower it would be lame to have NOS now. But if we had a real drag car i would say yes but only for single player And matthew they do use NOS in real drag racing i have seen a lot of vids of it so think before you call every one a idiot.
Bestest idea i've ever heard!

Nah, this is a racing sim not a tuning junkie sim
Quote from Jamexing :This thread is like an annoying cockroach that absolutely refuses to die.

Anyway, the last thing we need is an artificial speed up button to make a mockery of proper racing. NOS would be OK if it's LFS: Drag Racing, but not circuit racing, especially on the more technical circuits where the less skilled and silly drivers could easily turn races into DEMOLITION DERBYS.

Absoloutely true! if you want a nos mod that bdaly make one yourself. Nos spoils the point of circuit racing. Also who was the fool that mentioned big spoilers as ricers. spoilers are HIGHLY UBER DUBER useful in trackdays for greater downforce.
Quote from johnr32 :Absoloutely true! if you want a nos mod that bdaly make one yourself. Nos spoils the point of circuit racing. Also who was the fool that mentioned big spoilers as ricers. spoilers are HIGHLY UBER DUBER useful in trackdays for greater downforce.

Nice bump!

And yes, spoilers are useful IN TRACKDAYS...
Highly uber duber?
Quote from Blackout :I think one of those N0Z threads should be made sticky, you know, warning example.

+1
Minorly duber really.
Quote from frokki :Injection of nitrous oxide into the combustion chambers of an internal combustion engine as a way to increase power output was discovered by the German air craft industry early in the Second World War.

I don't know why another one of these threads was bumped...

anyways, this is missing a very interesting detail. Nitrous was used to allow the planes to fly to a much higher altitude than any other plane, as they could reach altitudes where there was a starvation of oxygen, and use the nitrous to continue to fly instead of stall.
Can a kind Mod not jsut kill these threads and make just one of them a sticky with a title similar to

Sticky:NOS for LFS in here<<

No.

(btw, all nos threads are merged.. well.. they are now )
Are you sure that it's safe to have such a large quantity of NOS in one place?
Nos? Too much Vin Diesel dont you think lol

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG