The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
No NOS
Putting NOS into this game will destroy the pleasure of driving...
Its a simulator game and a pretty awsome one..
The best racing game I've played in all my years og gaming..
So, NOS = NO...
look.... you CAN install a "powerbooster/Nos/Rice Substace" type of thing in real life BUT! i dont think it has a place in LFS maybe in "LFS Street" or something i dunno....

STILL!!! it is a RL Thing and MAYBE should be considered for later versions seeing as its a SIM that SIMULATES DRIVING.... RACING... DRAGGING...

and as i might add a great DRIFT SIM!!@!@!@!@!@!
Anyone else see this thread as a giant merry-go-round? illepall

Not making fun of you Dodgybro, your points are taken, but it seems a bit pointless to keep talking about Nitrus(not NOS, as that is a brand name) into LFS when the developers have explicitly said that Nitrus will NOT be a part of LFS. =)
This thread is like an annoying cockroach that absolutely refuses to die.

Anyway, the last thing we need is an artificial speed up button to make a mockery of proper racing. NOS would be OK if it's LFS: Drag Racing, but not circuit racing, especially on the more technical circuits where the less skilled and silly drivers could easily turn races into DEMOLITION DERBYS.
Nos
hi racers !!!

why dont lfs cars have NOS ?

i know lfs is a simulation but i think it would not be a bad idea.

what do you think?
what's the point? i'd rather use my skill to pass you than pressing the magic button

Name on racing series that uses "NOS"
the point of fun is that if everyone have NOS it would be more exciting.more passes more fun.if you think that would ruin simulation,just put NOS in a mod that can be opened or locked.i think this would be better.
irespective of if I don't have to use it, it will take time to do. Nos lets n00bs make passes they can't stick and cause hazards, I can pass well enough without needing extra power

There has already been a thread on this, with a near unanimous "no" vote
thats sad for me but no problem.i will try to pass with my abilites and with using the wind
-
(Hankstar) DELETED by Hankstar
Quote from Hankstar :
Fucntion!

I agree.

E: Gotcha!
Quote from TyresHot :hi racers !!!

why dont lfs cars have NOS ?

i know lfs is a simulation but i think it would not be a bad idea.

what do you think?

because they were equiped with something better! THE SEARCH FUNCTION WOOO!!!
#537 - Woz
Quote from TyresHot :thats sad for me but no problem.i will try to pass with my abilites and with using the wind

At last..... That is what racing is about.... Skill not NOS.

NOS falls into the same garbage bin as car parts to increase performance. It is for people who do not have the skill to drive the car they have faster.
Erm, no. LFS is nawz free. Thankfully.
If you want to see how this topic turns out in the end, here's one we prepared earlier.
Because this thread is basically the same idea.

LFS needs power ups. Like all the best racers in the world, you need the ability to drop land mines for the guy behind you, pick up rockets to take out the guy in front. Oil slicks, speed boosts, slowmotion, yay for power ups!
Quote from TyresHot :the point of fun is that if everyone have NOS it would be more exciting.more passes more fun.

Pretty much just contradicting yourself. If everyone has nitrous then no one has an advantage. It wouldn't create more passes. We'd have the same amount of passing, just happening at higher speeds with this nitrous boost. Seems really pointless for circuit racing. Besides, a lot of people can't even control the rear wheel drive vehicles as they are. We'd have people hammering the nitrous button out of a corner and spinning like crazy. Or nitrous being used on the start, everyone heading toward the first corner at an even higher speed, and causing greater crashes than what happens already.

I would only agree to nitrous being used in the drag races, if at all.
Quote from AndroidXP :I agree.

E: Gotcha!

Ninja!

BTW I reckon a zero-tolerance policy on topic re-runs should be implemented and thread-locks should have a hair trigger. Repeated topics are starting to get, well, repeptitive Stamp them out I say!
#543 - Woz
Quote from NetDemon01 :I would only agree to nitrous being used in the drag races, if at all.

Pointless there as well. If a drag car gets added I assume the power curves will be such to take into account the setup of the engine, blower, fuel type, NOS and any other systems in the engine.

I bet nobody can find a single example of a REAL drag car (Not some stupid kid street car) that has a NOS Button. If a drag car used NOS it would be an alway on system. There is far too much for a drag driver to deal with in a tiny amount of time without the added pressure of having to press the NOS button at the right time as well.
Quote from Woz :Pointless there as well. If a drag car gets added I assume the power curves will be such to take into account the setup of the engine, blower, fuel type, NOS and any other systems in the engine.

I bet nobody can find a single example of a REAL drag car (Not some stupid kid street car) that has a NOS Button. If a drag car used NOS it would be an alway on system. There is far too much for a drag driver to deal with in a tiny amount of time without the added pressure of having to press the NOS button at the right time as well.

I dont want to sound like a dick but you may have trouble finding a drag car that does not use nitrous oxide purge. And no you cannot have an "always on system" unless you want to travel to the moon. And yes there is a button.

Rule of thumb, if you want to sound smart but know nothing about drag racing, read this first:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_racing

So you say drag racers DO have to push an extra button for the NOS? How does that make any sense?
LFS got to stay a NOS free zone :laola:

Please - Thank you - Have a nice day
i think somthing like the boost thing they have in A1GP would be alright for the F08's. dunno how it works but it would be alright
Quote from (-Mark-) :i think somthing like the boost thing they have in A1GP would be alright for the F08's. dunno how it works but it would be alright

Read all about it here.
On topic: NOS in LFS would be totally pointless (as is yet another thread about it).
Quote from (-Mark-) :i think somthing like the boost thing they have in A1GP would be alright for the F08's. dunno how it works but it would be alright

On the A1GP car it's done by the ECU.In Formula Palmer Audi it's by increasing turbo pressure .

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG