The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
Nos

hi i was wondoring if u can get Nos on the demo cars

Thanks @ Fun_Stuff @ :bananalla
You've accidentally come to the LFS Forum. You were looking for Need for Speed.
I would give you a link, but typing that name gives me a headache, so I can't.

You don't need NOS (Nitrous Oxide) - just learn to drive faster. Oh, and it's laughing gas - but everyone would be laughing at you.
Quote from tristancliffe :

You don't need NOS (Nitrous Oxide) - just learn to drive faster. Oh, and it's laughing gas - but everyone would be laughing at you.

:iagree:
Just as a friendly warning, incase you haven't already noticed: People here don't generally like the idea of NOS/ricing/vinyls/bodykit upgrades/engine tuning/... basically anything that smells remotely like Need for Speed or The Fast And The Furious.

Drifters were also flamed to hell not so long ago, but in the meanwhile those who really are skilled drifters are mostly respected. Wannabes still have to put on their flamesuits occasionaly, though.

The main point is that this game is all about racing and the skill involved. Pushing a button to get faster is no skill, it's rather a workaround for the lack of it. Anyways, have fun and prepare to say your "other" life goodbye, LFS won't let you go
Was this a joke?
Seeing he is a demo racer, most likely not

BTW, anyone got an extra lock smiley?
#8 - _Rob_
He (or someone else asking about NOS) came to the IRC chan under 2 different names (same hostmask though ) asking about it too.
Yup, NoZ and torbo Slapped huru and left (as torbo) :>
It was vari. I thought it was obvious
Quote from Toigeru :i keep askin myself...: When do people LEARN that LFS is NOT a arcade game!!!! its a simulator !!!! U want arcade?? go play an arcade game like Nfs or whateve'! damn i even heard people say that this game sucks that it hasent got nos.....Fu**'em all!!!! )))illepallillepallillepall

Even the demo is SO cool and realistic!! hmm....i wonder how's the full version

Just pay those 40 bucks.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from letitb :Why Were They Flamed To Hell?

LOL

Come on people be friendly

... Some people question the legitimacy of drifting as a sport ...

Many of them play LFS

Personally I think the project is great and can appeal to all automotive enthusists from different "genres".... Drifters, Ricers, Purists, Gearheads, Masochists etc...
LOL
I will never understand those people
..i still dont understand why everyone hates the need for speed series??! i mean common, they are the leaders of racing games; i mean.. look at all the racing games out there nowadays, how many of them that have real (well.. commute cars) and you can tune them? all 'racing' games bow down to NFS because of their ingenious idea

i mean seriously guys.. whats there to hate about it? that its getting more attention than LFS? if so thats just your ignorance, some of you guys here are like purists and believe only one thing and deny everything else.. i mean.. really, if you dont have anything nice to say.. dont say it.... please, you just make the LFS community look bad
genious? illepall
Quote :..i still dont understand why everyone hates the need for speed series??! i mean common, they are the leaders of racing games; i mean.. look at all the racing games out there nowadays, how many of them that have real (well.. commute cars) and you can tune them? all 'racing' games bow down to NFS because of their ingenious idea

i mean seriously guys.. whats there to hate about it? that its getting more attention than LFS? if so thats just your ignorance, some of you guys here are like purists and believe only one thing and deny everything else.. i mean.. really, if you dont have anything nice to say.. dont say it.... please, you just make the LFS community look bad

A negative comment is a comment just as a positive one is. Both should be allowed to be stated provided they are backed up. E.g., "I don't want NOS in LFS because in my opinion LFS objective is to imitate real-life racing serie, of which most do not allow NOS. In addition, I think NOS should not be implemented because there are other games out there that are better suited and intended to reflect after-market modifications of the cars in question. It is my view that LFS should stick to more "pure", driver oriented forms of racing".
Nitrous is a very cheap way of getting more power, but its only for drag-racing.
well what i meant by negative is.. mean.. like a raging comment, im fine with people that say they dont like something and back it up, but just telling off about how 'bad' it is and just 'flaming' it, thats just .. retarded

and .. no, its not only for drag racing, (maybe professional racing wise) but its not like you cant go out and buy a bottle or .. a few
Quote :Nitrous is a... ...way of getting more power, but its only for drag-racing.

Drag-racing is a legitimate branch of motor racing, and we already have drag strips in LFS. Currently they are not long enough for the effective use of NOS, perhaps this would be a more valid reason not to have NOS than because you find it "cheap".
Quote from XCNuse :well what i meant by negative is.. mean.. like a raging comment, im fine with people that say they dont like something and back it up, but just telling off about how 'bad' it is and just 'flaming' it, thats just .. retarded

I agree, I have provided what hopefully is a decent example of how not to agree while not flaming, and hope flamers will take the subtle hint

Quote from XCNuse :and .. no, its not only for drag racing, (maybe professional racing wise) but its not like you cant go out and buy a bottle or .. a few

No doubt there are some such serie, perhaps some should be represented. In my opinion they should not be for the reason I mentioned earlier. It's my view that LFS should try to depict specifically professional racing, instead of the "let's go buy a few bottles of NOS and have a race" type of races. I do see your point that it is used
Uhhh... If we had NOS, I don't think that would be a very good idea.
If everyone had this and used it, You'd more likely have more wrecks and
SLOWER overall lap times. THink about what that one turn in S City long/ Town. You know, the hard 90°? LOL the race would END right there on that track if it even got that far before a restart.
Also, it seems the majority of people that want NOS, seem to want it to make
up for a Lack of skill or maybe to give them an advantage........
How that would give them an advantage when everyone would have it is beyond me, but that's what I get when I read these NOS posts

I think in order to have NOS in LFS and have it made along the same standards as everything else in the game I imagine it would take even MORE skill to use correctly.

I dunno... Maybe if they decide to really do something with the drag strip (they really should) it could be a good thing to have, but the game should also have a fuel/air mixture setting we could play with as well.

But overall, I don't think NOS would be such a good idea.
I think most people that seem to want it, or think that they want it,
are really just wanting a Hyperspace button anyways
i do agree with XCNuse......i mean there is no reason to hate NFS.......its not that bad......though it doesn't come anywhere near LFS.......i just think its a process of growin up...........arcade racing comes first..........and then comes serious sim racing........but of course......LIVE FOR SPEED is at the top...........man lfs rocks......will be getting the full version soon.....
need for speed sucks for a reason...they don't tell the players that what you do in the game is impossible to do in real life.....that being able to pass a car @ 200mph by just tapping one time to the left or right doesn't happen in real life........it's entertainment, maybe a bad streetracing (ricing? ) simulation that still has nothing to do with simulating the actual cars and how they work.....compare unreal tournaments with the rainbow 6 series....you have the same thing there......man this is cool....i'll start writing like this all the time..!
well lfs and nfs are both meant for different kinda ppl..........as they say....."different strokes for different folks" .........and thts why nfs is an arcade "game".....and lfs is a racing "sim".......it all depends upon how fast u grow to hate nfs and like lfs......

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG