The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :The people that want NOS are so far out of touch with automotive reality that they think it's actually a good thing. You should just silently pity them, as it just shows their complete lack of knowledge.

i understand how it is used, but i jus have this image of me just about to pass someone as im just that bit faster than them, then they hit their "g0 fast y0" NOS button and fly away
Quote from Memph1s :In my opinion LFS is a RACING Simulator, and on a real race which lfs wants to simulate you will never find NOS, or have you ever see NOS in e.g.the FIA GT ? So WHY don't you understand that if u want NOS you should go and play NFS!

if you want fia gt races go play gtr lfs has nothing to do with fia
Quote from tristancliffe :In real life it's not possible to go out with 20 random peeps and have some races whenever you like, you have to go at reserved times, called Races.

no you can go on tracks everyday when there are not scheduled regular championship races (it depends on the track, some allow, some other not) and to be more specific the track of Vallelunga was specifically opened by the local authorities on friday nights just for the ricers!!! ...you get that?
Quote :
P.S. I haven't insulted anyone. You haven't been one of the regular 'we need nawz' types, so you weren't intended to be in my 'stupid people' catagory. If you are a 'I want nawz' person, then you are now included in it, as it's generally the less evolved human beings that prefer it. If that's an insult or merely an admission of truth I'm not sure.

oh yes...you have insulted the baby wombat by calling him "brainless".
and btw also 'I want nawz' persons should deserve respect, calling them "stupid" doens't make nos stupid or irrealistic...
Quote from Jakg :i understand how it is used, but i jus have this image of me just about to pass someone as im just that bit faster than them, then they hit their "g0 fast y0" NOS button and fly away

try to imagine it realistically: you don't have illimited nos, you should tactically use it to get out the most of the characteristic of your car/setup and your style.
someone may prefer use more wings and use nos to compensate the reduced speed on straights, some others may save it for last laps...it adds strategy, because you have only a limited amount...
I would have thought Victor saying no NOS would have ended this thread, I guess not. LFS is not getting NOS, thats from the devs, so why keep talking about it? That bored? ( I have posted also, so maybe that means I am bored too?
Quote from Honey :opened by the local authorities on friday nights just for the ricers!!! ...you get that?

instead of having ricers do drags in streets they give them some happy hour time in a controlled enviroment so they don't kill people while 'racing' in city streets or whatever.
hehe
Attached images
NOSracer.jpeg
If U Want Nawz U Already Have Nawz In Lfs!!111omg!!!!!
Just Keep The Horn Pressed And U Get +20hp Instantly!!
ITS TRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!!!
Quote from Honey :if you want fia gt races go play gtr lfs has nothing to do with fia

knowledge of reading got many positiv aspects, i said for example the FIA GT!!! And LFS is still a simulator who simulates serious racing, and i never saw a serious racing series with nos!
Quote from Honey :try to imagine it realistically: you don't have illimited nos, you should tactically use it to get out the most of the characteristic of your car/setup and your style.
someone may prefer use more wings and use nos to compensate the reduced speed on straights, some others may save it for last laps...it adds strategy, because you have only a limited amount...

Just because it could become a tactical tool doesn't mean it should be in LFS. Your argument, quite honestly, is pretty stupid imho. By your argument, all racing games should have N2O because all racing games have random either online or offline races. Regardless of the cars involved, they have a pickup and play characteristic. Just like real ricers! OMG!!111 Stupid argument. I don't give a toss if you are just playing devil's advocate or not, it's such an assinign thought. Real racing series and race cars (Aside from the odd drag car in the odd crappy tuner drag series) do not use N2O. LFS is a circuit racing simulation. Not a free open circuit test day.

Here's another point to destroy your argument; LFS has live timing and scoring. Split times, lap times, etc are all recorded electronically. Random ricer races do not and can not have this.

[EDIT] One more thing; I've heard that many tracks that hold track-days mandate the un-installation of any Nitrous Oxide systems in a car before it is allowed onto the course, for safety reasons. There goes your argument again.

Quote from whitey6272 :hehe

Oh that's gold!
Quote from MAGGOT :Just because it could become a tactical tool doesn't mean it should be in LFS. Your argument, quite honestly, is pretty stupid imho. By your argument, all racing games should have N2O because all racing games have random either online or offline races. Regardless of the cars involved, they have a pickup and play characteristic. Just like real ricers! OMG!!111 Stupid argument.

i don't say every racing game must have it, i say: if lfs would have it as an option, it could be some fun for some kind of races, it will add variety just like the "uf1 soccer" or drifting...i've never drifted (i'm not good at it) but it's good to have it...that's all!
Quote :
I don't give a toss if you are just playing devil's advocate or not, it's such an assinign thought. Real racing series and race cars (Aside from the odd drag car in the odd crappy tuner drag series) do not use N2O. LFS is a circuit racing simulation. Not a free open circuit test day.

the reson why i choose to advocate the nos cause, is just because most people who are against it just act like the "i wanna noooozzz" people.
as i already said: i can live without nos...
Quote :
Here's another point to destroy your argument; LFS has live timing and scoring. Split times, lap times, etc are all recorded electronically. Random ricer races do not and can not have this.

mpf...yes and no
Quote :
[EDIT] One more thing; I've heard that many tracks that hold track-days mandate the un-installation of any Nitrous Oxide systems in a car before it is allowed onto the course, for safety reasons. There goes your argument again.

this is a serious good argument, i agree!
[kidding mode on]
...i may add...that thus...we must have nos only for "free mode south city"!!!!!
[kidding mode off]
Funny how there's 5 pages of replies that are off-topic...

We've all been over this a million times already, and every time I lean more and more towards adding the option of Nitrous to LFS, simply because the ones that don't want it can't stop calling the people that do want it: stupid, idiots, ignorant, 12-y-o, morons, etc etc.

This thread was about an installer... Not about the Nitrous-Oxide Systems in cars.
Quote from TagForce :Funny how there's 5 pages of replies that are off-topic...

We've all been over this a million times already, and every time I lean more and more towards adding the option of Nitrous to LFS, simply because the ones that don't want it can't stop calling the people that do want it: stupid, idiots, ignorant, 12-y-o, morons, etc etc.

This thread was about an installer... Not about the Nitrous-Oxide Systems in cars.

exactly!
I have a suggestion: If :irked: <Ricer want N2O they should go out of their room and to a performance shop and just buy one and instal it themselves and get blown up :flamed:
Quote from uss77 :I have a suggestion: If :irked: <Ricer want N2O they should go out of their room and to a performance shop and just buy one and instal it themselves and get blown up :flamed:

Hey, you don't know much about nitrous oxide either...
or the terminology of "ricer"

honestly lol under my power i have to award this thread the longest living in the LFS Forum; now... why is there still argueing about it lol

i say we get it, so all the fools that dont know how to use it will severely damage their engine
TagForce you are right, difference in opinion doesn't give you the right to call another stupid and so on, IMHO anti-"nos" is not a personal opinion anymore it has become a "go with the flow" option, it's "trendy" and fashionable to be against the use of n2o. Do remember that there are purists out there that hate turbochargers, people that love carburetion and hate fuel injection, people that think " downforce is for sissies , no downforce is what real men used to race", H shifter vs sequential ...and so on.. get the idea? AT some point in the history of everything there will be a change that will cause turmoil and split the community, insults will fly and all of that. As for this situation, in the end everything will settle down and it will be a choice: use it and risk blowing your engine or don't use it and risk losing the race. I'm not for or against "NOS" , if it will be implemented I’ll use it, if it won't I don't mind. Just because "real racers" don't use it now it doesn't mean that it won't be used sometime in the future

PS: Can someone tell me why I can't use an avatar and/or signature anymore?
Quote from Cirozel :that there are purists out there that hate turbochargers, people that love carburetion and hate fuel injection, people that think " downforce is for sissies , no downforce is what real men used to race", H shifter vs sequential ...and so on..

Wait a minute? That's me to a tee isn't it?

I don't think I'd go so far as to say I HATE fuel injection, I just hate that people misunderstand it's reasons for existence, and I don't think downforce is for sissies depending on the cars (but I preferred the Koenigsegg when it was dangerous and wingless). And I like sequential in the right car, but not flappy paddle which is for people who can't change gear.

Maybe some people find it insulting, but they say the truth hurts. Maybe some people don't like offending other people, but I think that being offended and being able to offend with malice nor hatred is perfectly acceptable (as long as it's not too personal). The simple fact is that people who fit NOS to their cars generally ARE of a lower than average IQ or knowledge, and as such I call them stupid. If they wish to argue otherwise then I'm all for well reasoned technical explanations as to why I am wrong, but I've yet to see ONE!
N0zzers, ph33r my sig (again)

This is worth a -1 kabillion in my book Anything after this is just :spam:
Quote from Cirozel :IMHO anti-"nos" is not a personal opinion anymore it has become a "go with the flow" option, it's "trendy" and fashionable to be against the use of n2o.

That's a possibilty for some. Personally, I think most of the anti-NOS business is purely because, well.. it has no place in racing at this time. It is not used, and thus, should not be in this sim. I agree with Tristan about the fact that most people who either want NOS or have it installed in their cars are generally of a lower IQ than what you would deem to have any relevant intellectual capacity. For me, my opinion on the matter in regards to N2O in LFS stems from my argument that it is not used in circuit racing. I am not a sheep. I do not follow trends. Anything that hints to counter that statement is purely co-incidental. I do what I do because it is what I like to do, or it is the way I think it should be done. I couldn't care less if my views were on the opposite polar end from every single other person in the world. I couldn't care less if I had the same thought as every other person in the world. It does not invalidate my beliefs or opinions. I am my own person.

Quote :Do remember that there are purists out there that hate turbochargers, people that love carburetion and hate fuel injection, people that think " downforce is for sissies , no downforce is what real men used to race", H shifter vs sequential ...and so on.. get the idea?

This is completely irrelevant to this topic. All of those traits you have listed are present in real motorsports. Opinions on those have no relevance to this topic. While your example of the unfounded vendettas some people have for given details may see its way into this discussion, there are indeed concrete arguments against the use of N2O in LFS. Those are the arguments to focus on, not the "OMG, NAWZZES IS F0R PANZZ1ES!!!! IT SuKZORZZ" posts. Truth is, there is no good argument for N2O to be included in LFS, until it is used in professional racing. (Street races and random ricer meets at a race track do not count. They are not forms of professional racing)

Quote :Just because "real racers" don't use it now it doesn't mean that it won't be used sometime in the future

If N2O ever sees use in an upper-tier racing series, then I am all for it to be included in LFS. Until that happens, it has no place in this sim, unless exclusively on the dragstrip.
Quote from MAGGOT :

If N2O ever sees use in an upper-tier racing series, then I am all for it to be included in LFS. Until that happens, it has no place in this sim, unless exclusively on the dragstrip.

Corect that about sums what i wanted to say . As i said i'm not against or for the use of n2o in LFS.... but as this is a simulator that tries to mimic real life racing it should stick to that and include n2o or any other crazy contraption that might be invented.

Tristan, I highly doubt that fitting a n2o system to one's car qualifies as a certified IQ test but if that's your opinion go with it
. And no i don't have a system like that and i think that they are more for flashy than useful.

PS: As for old vs. new dispute...I own a carbureted car and it feels a lot more responsive than fuel injection IMHO. Though I must admit carbs eat a great load of fuel and that's what killed them

PS2: again can someone tell me why i don't have an avatar and sig anymore?
n2o.

what next?

the option to add chlorine in the gas tank?

ffs someone just delete this whole thread and leave only the threadstarting post.
Quote from Cirozel :but as this is a simulator that tries to mimic real life racing

Tristan, I highly doubt that fitting a n2o system to one's car qualifies as a certified IQ test

"real life racing". exactly. not "real life ricing". there isn't even one widely accepted proper racing event that allows usage of nitrous injection. Everything else is not "racing". You and 5 of your friends, pressing the "fast yo" button, while pretending to race on the backroads does not qualify as "real life racing".

fitting a nitrous kit, or any other "go fast yo" gimmick that appeals to ricers these days (irrationaly large subs, sparkly colors, spinners, hydraulics, ugly kits), may not be an indication of intelligence (after all, you can't quantify intelligence, let alove measure it) but, in even my limited experience, it sure is an indication of driving skills. Noone who has honed his skills enough to be fast in his car, will even consider nitrous. It'd be an insult to his driving skills. Adding stuff to your car improves the car. Not the driver. In fact, i can argue that adding stuff to your car makes you an even worse driver, because there is less incentive to TRY and become a faster driver. Why bother? you got nitrous.
Quote from tristancliffe :The simple fact is that people who fit NOS to their cars generally ARE of a lower than average IQ or knowledge, and as such I call them stupid.

That statement is a little silly, but I kind of agree with it.

Lets you can buy a nitrous kit for $1000, and it gives you 200 more HP. But, it costs you $100 to fill it up. This would mean that every 3 or so drag races, you would need to spend alot. In other words, forced induction is a better way to go!

BTW, my IQ is only 108, is that bad?
If LFS is a NFS:U race game, NOS is fine. But LFS is not about illegal racing. It's about professional style racing simulation. Why this NOS madness?

IRL, NOS can be EXTREMLY dangerous. It's a very potent oxidizer. Why would you want this in a race car and risk causing MASSIVE explosions(especially if the 2 somehow mix)? I thought we're racers, not SUICIDE BOMBERS. Yes, this is certainly against all safety concerns prevailing in current motorsports.

Problems with NOS far outweigh its benefits. Assuming all racers are equivilantly skilled and tactically competent, then the winner would be determined by the size of your NOS tank. Even so, NOS is still notorious for blowing engines up or severely shortening their lifespans due to reasons ranging for moverstressing internals (too much power) to poor adjustments (detonation). Why degenrate racing to this meaningless crap? I thought we're racers, not ricers with massive subwoofers and girlfriends to match.

Please, this NOS madness has gone on long enough. I'm amazed that this NOD thread has survived THIS long. And I get shot down for complainng about poor RB4 performance in my old 4WD related thread. AMAZING.

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG