The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
Quote from jarre :I don't see why everyone is so against ''rice'' cars. they look good to me and they perform well.

Don't delude yourself. Most of them look like crap, most bodykits actually make the cars perform worse aerodynamically. Most tires, rims, and suspensions are purely for show and decrease performance further. Furthermore, the link you posted is labelled as drifting. Drifting is NOT racing. Those cars used in the video are not ricers, the cars are more than likely properly tuned. If you'll notice, "NAWZZZ" was not used in those cars. And I'll go back to the best argument against N2O; it is not used in real circuit racing. Therefore, should not rear its ugly head in this simulator, unless it is hard coded to be limited exclusively to the drag strips.

Quote from george_tsiros :i suggest the autodeletion of any thread/post/whatever that mentions the characters 'N 2 O' in succesion or even proximity.

honestly.

+1.
I side with MAGGOT on this one. I don't know of a single racing league or division that runs nitrus, unless your talking about NHRA.

BTW, why has this thread not died yet? =Pillepall
Meh, even if it was used "exclusively" on the drag strips, what would be the point?? Everyone would use it, and that would be that. It would not add anything exciting to drag racing either.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :It would not add anything exciting to drag racing either.

IMHO, drag racing in video games is boring anyways. IRL, you have the masive G-forces acting on you, which to me is the exciting part of drag racing.
Jesus, why do people even want NOS? This is a Racing Simulation, if you can go out and find an organised, LEGAL race series, on a track, that permits the use of Nitrous Injection then let us know.
Here it is straight from the source - in my sig. Doesn't get much clearer than that imho.
I knew the devs said something, forgot what exactly they said, now we will know forever =)
Hell yeah, as long as I keep sp4mming
Spam? What Spam?:spam4:
That's not spam...

..now that's SPAM!
Attached images
golden_honey_spam_large.jpg
Quote from MAGGOT :IMHO, drag racing in video games is boring anyways. IRL, you have the masive G-forces acting on you, which to me is the exciting part of drag racing.

I think it might actually be fun with the false starting implemented. Mix it with Victor's new Autocross automation and it might even be more fun. Getting the reaction time perfect and setting the car up for max acceleration will be kind of neat I think Without false starts it's useless though.
Even with false starts, I find it too much effort for a few second sprint, especially without the cool feeling of been plastered into the back of your seat.
#388 - Woz
Quote from jarre :I don't see why everyone is so against ''rice'' cars. they look good to me and they perform well.

wahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah
Calm yourself Woz, it aint that funny...

...well, maybe a bit

I always thought the definition of "rice" was a car that was all bling & noise and very little else, like those supersized Hot Wheels cars on Pimp My Ride
Quote from mcintyrej :Jesus, why do people even want NOS? This is a Racing Simulation, if you can go out and find an organised, LEGAL race series, on a track, that permits the use of Nitrous Injection then let us know.

if you use such arguments, then nos must be added (according to your statement), because lfs is not simulating "organised legal race series" the game support only single races, non points, no leagues, no championship...leagues are artificially setup by some lfs players, so if we want to be correct at the moment lfs simulates races were people meet occasionally and do one or more races, just like ricers do!!!
there are plenty of arguments against nos...it's funny how you picked up just the one in favour of it...
Quote from mcintyrej :Jesus, why do people even want NOS? This is a Racing Simulation, if you can go out and find an organised, LEGAL race series, on a track, that permits the use of Nitrous Injection then let us know.

A1GP,ChampCar,Formula Palmer Audi. They use a Boost thing.

lol
Quote from Sternendaal :A1GP,ChampCar,Formula Palmer Audi. They use a Boost thing.

lol

those arent NOS, they are changing the revlimit (i think, its something that gives the engine more power, but the cars couldnt be reliable running a whole race with it so the rules say about the limit, the same thing is done in F1, but it isnt mandatory and doesnt give the same effect)
Quote from Jakg :those arent NOS, they are changing the revlimit (i think, its something that gives the engine more power, but the cars couldnt be reliable running a whole race with it so the rules say about the limit, the same thing is done in F1, but it isnt mandatory and doesnt give the same effect)

NOS is a power boots,they use a power boots. Might work different,result is the same.
My first use of multiquote

Quote from Honey :if you use such arguments, then nos must be added (according to your statement), because lfs is not simulating "organised legal race series" the game support only single races, non points, no leagues, no championship...leagues are artificially setup by some lfs players, so if we want to be correct at the moment lfs simulates races were people meet occasionally and do one or more races, just like ricers do!!!
there are plenty of arguments against nos...it's funny how you picked up just the one in favour of it...

Real life only supports single races, non points, no leagues, no championships. Leagues and championships are setup by people. Exactly like LFS. But that has no bearing on the argument for/again Nitrous Oxide.

Quote from Sternendaal :A1GP,ChampCar,Formula Palmer Audi. They use a Boost thing.

They use a boost thing, but not NOS. The boost thing might be a revlimit change (allow more revs), a turbo boost change (allow more boost for a few seconds) or an ECU mapping thing (put the car on a more efficient mapping for a few seconds, one that is optimised for output at high revs over low rev drivability for example). So again, this doesn't help the for/against NOS argument.

Quote from Jakg :those arent NOS, they are changing the revlimit (i think, its something that gives the engine more power, but the cars couldnt be reliable running a whole race with it so the rules say about the limit, the same thing is done in F1, but it isnt mandatory and doesnt give the same effect)

You might confuse people bringing F1 into the discussion, as it's quite different. But I get your point.

In short there are only arguments AGAINST Nitrous Oxide. Every single argument for can be picked into pieces in about 2 seconds even by a brainless baby wombat. And Victor doesn't want it either, and I think his -1 is worth about -1000000000000000000000000000000000 of anyone else.
Quote from tristancliffe :My first use of multiquote
Real life only supports single races, non points, no leagues, no championships. Leagues and championships are setup by people. Exactly like LFS. But that has no bearing on the argument for/again Nitrous Oxide.

but lfs' online races on public servers don't belong to any league, so again it's like ricers races...
You mean fun races? I think lots of people would do the same in real life if the racing was a)free b)allowed c)safe. But it's not allowed in real life, but is in LFS, so your comparison means diddly squat. You can try and justify that LFS isn't real life (duh) all you like, but that means NOTHING in a discussion about whether to let stupid people have NOS or not.
Quote from tristancliffe :You mean fun races? I think lots of people would do the same in real life if the racing was a)free b)allowed c)safe. But it's not allowed in real life, but is in LFS, so your comparison means diddly squat. You can try and justify that LFS isn't real life (duh) all you like, but that means NOTHING in a discussion about whether to let stupid people have NOS or not.

in real life it's allowed to go on tracks, just to do some fun races, why you deny it? and if it was not possible, then lfs would be totally unrealistic, so nos would perfectly fit into it...

PS you are damn out of arguments if you need insults to enforce them...
In real life it's not possible to go out with 20 random peeps and have some races whenever you like, you have to go at reserved times, called Races.

P.S. I haven't insulted anyone. You haven't been one of the regular 'we need nawz' types, so you weren't intended to be in my 'stupid people' catagory. If you are a 'I want nawz' person, then you are now included in it, as it's generally the less evolved human beings that prefer it. If that's an insult or merely an admission of truth I'm not sure.
In my opinion LFS is a RACING Simulator, and on a real race which lfs wants to simulate you will never find NOS, or have you ever see NOS in e.g.the FIA GT ? So WHY don't you understand that if u want NOS you should go and play NFS!
Quote from Memph1s :So WHY don't you understand...

The people that want NOS are so far out of touch with automotive reality that they think it's actually a good thing. You should just silently pity them, as it just shows their complete lack of knowledge.

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG