The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
no, NO2 is prohibited, and gangsters are hunted down here.
Erm... no.

You're getting it even worse because you own LFS.
I think one of those N0Z threads should be made sticky, you know, warning example.
Quote from detail :no, NO2 is prohibited, and gangsters are hunted down here.

What does nitrogen dioxide have to do with this thread? illepall
Quote from Blackout :I think one of those N0Z threads should be made sticky, you know, warning example.

+1

EDIT: @wheel4hummer - I think he means N_2O
This again

No to nitrous at all, this is a racing game not NFS. and in real life you wouldnt use nitrous on track.
It's laughing gas. And we're laughing at you. Go back to ricing.

Edit: Mr 4Hummer - NO2 is an emission created from IC engines, due to disassociation in the post combustion and exhaust phase (iirc). I'm not clear if N2O will have an effect on the specific emissions, and what effect it will be (as N2O is partly to do with charge cooling rather than extra oxygen, though that is of course an added benefit). I would guess that extra N2O would cause more NO2, but with out an air/N2O/fuel ratio I can't do the stoichiometric analysis. Does anyone have the correct ratios, and the chemical composition of the fuel they use? Might as well make this a technical thread rather than a "flaming a ricer" thread.
Quote from Stellios :This again

No to nitrous at all, this is a racing game not NFS. and in real life you wouldnt use nitrous on track.

Well we do have a drag-strip - you might use it there. But that's not the point. The point is Nitrous oxide doesn't belong in a racing _simulation_... merely because its stupid and boring.
Quote from wheel4hummer :What does nitrogen dioxide have to do with this thread? illepall

Hmm, I thought they are the same. But does it really matter in this case?
Quote from axus : But that's not the point. The point is Nitrous oxide doesn't belong in a racing _simulation_... merely because its stupid and boring.

Exactly.Its like bodybuilding using steroids.
Quote from detail :Hmm, I thought they are the same. But does it really matter in this case?

You had your "O" and your "2" swapped It's N2O

But... NO to N2O. There is no way you would be allowed to use it on a non-dragstrip racetrack.
Quote from detail :Hmm, I thought they are the same. But does it really matter in this case?

Yeah, if you'd have any knowlegde in chemical maths, it would even to you...
racername, Rockrazor, username of person who last suggested named Rockrazor

Weve said it before. No
perhaps if we had a 50 /50 chance that when you triggered your nitrous system you may get n20 injected or co2
why CO2 if we can have ... glue
Quote from bbman :Yeah, if you'd have any knowlegde in chemical maths, it would even to you...

I remember something since school. N2O...

_
N = N
\ /
O

In 3d... N has 3 2nd orbitals, two connect each other, don't remember at what angle, and O has 2 at 90° that bend those of N-s. No idea about the chemical properties. Does it free O or oxidizes?
Quote from gangster_209 :hey what if nitrous oxide was in the game but with some features like: having 2 tanks each tank fill up on each pit stop, or fill up 50% on each pit stop the choice is yours. Please put it in the game.

ehm no.
Quote from detail :I remember something since school. N2O...

_
N = N
\ /
O

In 3d... N has 3 2nd orbitals, two connect each other, don't remember at what angle, and O has 2 at 90° that bend those of N-s. No idea about the chemical properties. Does it free O or oxidizes?

Yes, thats it, when N2O is exposed to high heat, it breaks to N2 and frees the elementar oxygen. The elementar oxy is extremly reactive and it fuses with almost everything - so it is the great stuff for burning reaction of fuel and oxygen. The N2 gas does the cooling, so the engine doesnt blow up when some fool presses the NOOOOOOOOS button.

BTW, I have been seriously thinking about adding a 1MHz to my GPU clock with every new thread about "I wanna NOS". It should bring me up about 150FPS addition in a short time
Quote from MadCatX :Yes, thats it, when N2O is exposed to high heat, it breaks to N2 and frees the elementar oxygen. The elementar oxy is extremly reactive and it fuses with almost everything - so it is the great stuff for burning reaction of fuel and oxygen. The N2 gas does the cooling, so the engine doesnt blow up when some fool presses the NOOOOOOOOS button.

BTW, I have been seriously thinking about adding a 1MHz to my GPU clock with every new thread about "I wanna NOS". It should bring me up about 150FPS addition in a short time

Great! Thanks a lot for explanation!
i'm fairly new, i just high high posts per day, and i've seen this discuused(error) about 4-5 times and each time was no. Is it gonna change now? LFS is a racing simulator, not NFSU2
Quote from Rappa Z :i'm fairly new, i just high high posts per day, and i've seen this discuused(error) about 4-5 times and each time was no. Is it gonna change now? LFS is a racing simulator, not NFSU2

you mean NFS:STFU...
I like the idea of Nitrous for drag racing, but not on the track. I think it would be a good implementation when there is a(Some) car(s) that are for just drag racing, but until then I like whats here now =)
Quote from Viper93 :I like the idea of Nitrous for drag racing, but not on the track. I think it would be a good implementation when there is a(Some) car(s) that are for just drag racing, but until then I like whats here now =)

I agree. Nitrous oxide in drag cars. On the following conditions
  • It can be disabled online
  • None of the cars in the demo have it
  • There is no arcadey sound
  • There is not an arcadey looking meter, just a percentage or something
  • People who call it "NOS" can be autobanned. Please, it's N2O. And the 2 should be subscript.
Quote from duke_toaster :People who call it "NOS" can be autobanned. Please, it's N2O. And the 2 should be subscript.

Well, both are correct I believe. NOS = Nitrous Oxide System. Now, if you want NOZ autobanned, that's fine .

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG