The online racing simulator
Super Pi Mod
(251 posts, started )
Mine was just over a minute.
34 secs exactly (whoopee :reallySmile for me (but i was having a cup of coffee and a slice of toast at the time !). I don't have a graphic prog in windows so i couldn't take a screenie. Is there any way to get this thing working with Linux ?

Edit: \/ \/ Just tried it again but no joy. Either it's hiding the pic in a secret location on my HD or the PrtScn button on my keyboards knackered ?. Actually i would like to try this in Linux purely for a comparison with Win XP, it would be interesting to get some tangible proof that Linux beats the crap out of Hindows at everything it does (except gaming of course)
print screen and windows paint will do it
Quote from dropin_biking :My score is getting pwned really bad
~Bryan~

You don't have a score. You never read the thread and ran 256k not 1M like you are supposed to.

EDIT: and if you guys just say about 1 minute or whatever I won't put you on the list.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Mine did it in just about a minute. But I was talking on msn with webcam on and firefox was open...

Tried again after a restart... 5 seconds faster, 55 seconds and a bit. I'll post a pic tomorrow when I feel like it. Now I'm wondering if my old comp would do it faster. This one should be faster, but sometimes I just think it seems to be slower :s
By the way, my score was made with 2GB DDR2 667 and an E6750 bumped to 3.2 GHz.
i need a new pc soon, i knew that 2 years ago while rendering a few cars in c4d, but meh...
Attached images
Pi run.jpg
I have 1GB DDR2 667, but CPU-Z has it running at 798.6MHz. It also has a E6300 oveclocked to 2.2GHz @ 1.296V.
Attached images
Comp.PNG
16.109 seconds - [email protected] (furthest I've pushed it so far) everything else was left as auto, 2GB of DDR2.

At standard 2.66Ghz it was 19.3 seconds.
Attached images
superpi_ss.JPG
Could someone try something for me? What would be the impact of only 1 gig RAM, opposed to 2 gigs?

Still in doubt of upgrading Big grin
I hate the fact that you guys got faster CPU

Runned on 3500+ @ 2,2ghz stock
1,5 gb of ram DDr400
Attached images
roflzor.JPG
What the... I got 2.7 duo core with 1 gig and I'm happy to stay within a minute... Is this even normal??
I'm on my other comp now, gonna try it out.

This comp is a 2.8 single core with also 1 gig... And it actually did it faster... 52.390 seconds..
Quote from sgt.flippy :What the... I got 2.7 duo core with 1 gig and I'm happy to stay within a minute... Is this even normal??
I'm on my other comp now, gonna try it out.

This comp is a 2.8 single core with also 1 gig... And it actually did it faster... 52.390 seconds..

Superpi is much more of a CPU test.

If you have the cash to buy some more RAM I would. Is it DDR or DDR2 you have?
#39 - Jakg
Quote from h3adbang3r :Here's mine. I beat Jakg Big grin

Meh. I haz 4 cores, versus your 2, a B3 with more heat output than a small radiator and the worst water cooling system known to man :P

Admitedly i was running on the worlds most tweaked copy of XP, while your on Vista though :X
Quote from mcintyrej :20.500 seconds, not bad for a £40 CPU! E2140@3100Mhz + 2GB OCZ 3-3-4-10 700mhz.

Add a divider! Intel's prefer more Memory Speed than low timings, and CAS 3 for DDR2 is INCREDIBLY tight.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Actually i would like to try this in Linux purely for a comparison with Win XP, it would be interesting to get some tangible proof that Linux beats the crap out of Hindows at everything it does (except gaming of course)

Not a fair comparison - there are different versions of SuperPi that will calculate Pi faster, but they aren't used as therefore it's a fair comparison.

I've seen a Linux version of SuperPi with an AMD 3000 @ 2.2 GHz do 1M in 18 seconds, though.

If any of you want to beat my other times...

My AMD 3700 @ 3.07 GHz managed 27 seconds, and at the stock 2.2 GHz it pulled 38 seconds.

Remember, SuperPi only uses ONE core...

EDIT - SuperPi likes two things - Raw CPU speed, and Memory Bandwidth. SuperPi probably doesn't even need 1 GB of RAM, but the WR's are set with 2 GB because atm the "best" memory kits come in 2 GB (2x 1 GB).
Quote from garph :Superpi is much more of a CPU test.

If you have the cash to buy some more RAM I would. Is it DDR or DDR2 you have?

DDR2
#41 - Jakg
What are the exact specs?

"Duo Core" could either mean a Core 2 Duo, a Core Duo or a Dual Core.

Remember to close all the crap you have open.

For reference - an AMD 3700 and 1 GB of DDR400 will score 37 seconds.

For all you speed-tweakers - Installing an nLite'd copy of XP will knock almost a second of your Score compared to Vista...

EDIT - Roadie, in case i get bored tommorow, what is your CPU clocked to...? And what's your RAM running at?

*plans evil DDR1200 450 FSB 3.2 GHz+ plan*
Quote from Jakg :What are the exact specs?

"Duo Core" could either mean a Core 2 Duo, a Core Duo or a Dual Core.

Remember to close all the crap you have open.

For reference - an AMD 3700 and 1 GB of DDR400 will score 37 seconds.

For all you speed-tweakers - Installing an nLite'd copy of XP will knock almost a second of your Score compared to Vista...

EDIT - Roadie, in case i get bored tommorow, what is your CPU clocked to...? And what's your RAM running at?

It should be a dual core Big grin I'm not on it right now, I'll check later. But the comp really seems to be slow. I tried shutting down all kinds of services and things that start up at the start, but booting is still very slow. For gaming and stuff it's faster, but starting up and shutting down feels so slow compared.
Quote from Jakg :

3.4Ghz Tilt
945mhz (5-5-5-15)

EDIT: Yeah, I used to get 14's in XP.
Whats the point when intel owns amd on superpi, so anything faster then 23sec is made by intel.
I did a 16.000 with my E6750 @ 3.2 DDR2-800 4-4-4-12. I'll run it again tonight and post it up.
Not bad for a completely stock Dell Dimension Big grin

With Firefox, MSN, WMP, LFS and Tweak running Tilt
Attached images
pie-thingy.JPG
39.468 with 3.4ghz dual core,2gb ddr2 800 time to upgrade soon Big grin
Amd 6000+ @ 3.36
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
-
(srdsprinter) DELETED by srdsprinter
User -> srdsprinter

16.000 second 1M SuperPi
E6750 @ 3.2GHz 400mhz fsb x 8. Ram @ DDR2-800 4-4-4-12

System should be good for ~3.6GHz, but haven't felt the need want to push it.

Now if i could just figure out why Guitar Hero 3 crashes and freezes my pc...
Attached images
SuperPi.JPG
14.18s [email protected], that's one old time.. Got under 14s with 3.8GhZ but can't remember anymore how much under it was so 14.18s stays

Super Pi Mod
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG