The online racing simulator
Super Pi Mod
(251 posts, started )
Quote from Harogeo :Here's my result.12.125s
Q6600@4185MHz(watercooled)-Abit IP35pro-Kingston value ram 667@933mhz

Argggg
Haroreon you beat me
Anyway my 1wear old score lasted long enough at the top
Quote from mcintyrej :Then why did you say you had a screenshot of it? Your wierd.

sorry, i might have mistyped or something
Quote from harjun :sorry, i might have mistyped or something

Or just blatantly flat out lied, then made a U turn when you realised that you arent very good at it.
Quote from mcintyrej :Then why not post the screenshot? You said that you had a screenshot of it. To be honest, I don't belive you one bit that you got such a low time.

Just stop posting, or something.

It will make some difference but not as much as booting into safe mode. Then you've got no extra processes running so superpi takes full priority. Safe mode dropped my time by a couple seconds.

I'll try safe mode

I feel the need...the need for SPEED!

DK
Quote from DeKo :Or just blatantly flat out lied, then made a U turn when you realised that you arent very good at it.

someones, time of the month...?
Quote from harjun :someones, time of the month...?

Stop posting, I gave you the benifit of the doubt but now it's getting stupid. If you open superpi right now it will still have the fastest time there, so if you got the time you said you did, it will be there still.

None of this is really important but its the lying that pisses people off, don't come back when you have that new heatsink and post a time just stay out of it and hope that people forget, I think you've taken this off topic enough.

You're just taking the piss out of everyone, again, and it's not good.
To be fair i doubt a E2180 on air is gonna beat that 4 GHz Q660 (NICE btw!).

Highest i've seen on an E2180 was a suicide of 3.9 GHz, and even then the lack of cache will hold it back
Guys, please don't turn this into a flame war about someones time... I did put a little time into this thread.
Harjun did To what my sig says "A single lie destroys a whole reputation for integrity."

EDIT- Whoever flames next is a dead man
hi,

it's a long since i las opened super Pi, I think i could be on the front row of the calification if i OC'ed my Cpu but i'm on exams.

Just a E6600 with some Micron D9 at stock speed.

I think i made a good time because i used to do a lot of OC'ing and i know the tricks of making less times.
Guys, I believe Harjun edited his screenshot to make you guys feel better. I fixed it up for him.
Attached images
Hurjun.jpg
Quote from MINIz guy :Guys, I believe Harjun edited his screenshot to make you guys feel better. I fixed it up for him.

Woah, His pc is really 1337 at all. He already passed 16sec's!

Intel Core to 6Pack
14.500 Seconds at 3.6GHz (8x450), RAM 900MHz 4-4-4-12.
Attached images
14.5.JPG
Quote from marzman :1m 14.625s.

An upgrade for my pc is in the mail, should help because the only part i'm keeping is the case and the powersuply

I've upgraded to an X2 6000+ and now i get 29.890. I don't know if that's a normal time, haven't looked at memoryspeed and stuff (are at defaults).

Shutting down services in XP doesn't really make it faster (i've shutted down all services i don't need), so i don't see how nLite can make your computer faster.

Quote from srdsprinter :14.500 Seconds at 3.6MHz (8x450), RAM 900MHz 4-4-4-12.

I think you mean 3,6 Ghz? But is intel that much faster? (600 Mhz more and twice as fast).
Quote from marzman :I've upgraded to an X2 3000+ and now i get 29.890. I don't know if that's a normal time, haven't looked at memoryspeed and stuff (are at defaults).

Shutting down services in XP doesn't really make it faster (i've shutted down all services i don't need), so i don't see how nLite can make your computer faster.

I think you mean 3,6 Ghz? But is intel that much faster? (600 Mhz more and twice as fast).

Yeah Intel is that much faster. The top AMD times are like 24 seconds or something around that region. Definatly not under 20 seconds. Intel's Core2Duo architecture is on top right now, the new E8XXX series have been very successful and are reaching huge OC's of around 4.0Ghz-4.5Ghz easily.
Yeah - here's a perfect example:

My GAMING RIG (2.8 Ghz AMD FX-62): 31.468 seconds
My TABLET PC (2.0 Ghz Intel Core2D): 26.015 seconds

The AMD is, spec-wise, 40% faster and yet, performance-wise, it's 20% slower.

The FX series was originally cheap and faster than anything when I got it. Since then, Intel has completely trumped them. I just don't plan on upgrading anytime soon because a) I'd need a new motherboard and b) this processor is still plenty fast enough that I can wait for Intel prices to come down, or for AMD to do something spectacular (yeah, right.)
Quote from marzman :I think you mean 3,6 Ghz? But is intel that much faster? (600 Mhz more and twice as fast).

D'OH!!
here

e6600 @ 3.4g
2 gig 800 meg ram
vista 32 bit

hmmm.. where did I leave off.. ill get to that tonight
I just went haxxorz and dropped my time down to 1.52.016
~Bryan~
Quote from Stang70Fastback : The AMD is, spec-wise, 40% faster and yet, performance-wise, it's 20% slower.

Comapring A64 and C2D is like comparing apples and oranges. Or even worse. And don't forget, P4s were faster than A64s in SUperPi because it's the cache that matter. AMD has a very small since it can access the RAM fast and the production costs go down. Intel has always had big caches - 6 MB per a pair of cores for the E8x00 series.
Quote from Primoz :Comapring A64 and C2D is like comparing apples and oranges.

I know - that was my point. They're in two entirely different leagues.
mine is really bad. and i even have an oc'd processor.
Attached images
pi.JPG

Super Pi Mod
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG