The online racing simulator
Bogey Jammer, I have 2 FBMs in my scene, but when i put a skin on one, it automatically goes onto the other one aswell and it ends up with the 1 skin streched over the 2 cars

EDIT: I figured it out, you have to press 'u' and select "object & obdata & materials & text" for both cars
Quote from niall09 :Bogey Jammer, I have 2 FBMs in my scene, but when i put a skin on one, it automatically goes onto the other one aswell and it ends up with the 1 skin streched over the 2 cars

Applying a new skin to one affect the second car is due to the fact they share the same material. But I don't know exactly why the skin is stretched. I've just performed a test and the skins of both cars were OK.
I think you've deleted the "SKIN TEXTURE" datablock and added a new one. To make it working, check if the "UV" button is pressed in the "Map Input" tab in the material editor.
To apply different textures on the cars, you must create a new material. Select the body material and the "add new" command will just duplicate it. Check if the two bodies of the cars don't use the same material. Then assign the new texture to one of them.

Needs probably illustrations... will do it later :tired:
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Applying a new skin to one affect the second car is due to the fact they share the same material. But I don't know exactly why the skin is stretched. I've just performed a test and the skins of both cars were OK.
I think you've deleted the "SKIN TEXTURE" datablock and added a new one. To make it working, check if the "UV" button is pressed in the "Map Input" tab in the material editor.
To apply different textures on the cars, you must create a new material. Select the body material and the "add new" command will just duplicate it. Check if the two bodies of the cars don't use the same material. Then assign the new texture to one of them.

Needs probably illustrations... will do it later :tired:

Look at my edit, i figured out how to do it differently

Thanks for all this, your a legend
Thanks for pointing it out
I think you should add the other "how to" posts to your first post.

I think this should be stickified too
#57 - Equi
Quote from Equi :Do you know who made that last one, it looks like :jawdrop:

Heres my 1st render (i know it suck)

hey sorry, im not sure who did it, i cant remember, heres my 1st render to, i changed the wheels, spoiler and the exhasut. i also put on a scoop on the hood but you cant see it.
[attach]44634[/attach]

edit: ok i just made a second one this one i think is ok, and all for free with blender its easy to mod cars when u practice, i only started today
#59 - Equi
Quote from mickyc30 :hey sorry, im not sure who did it, i cant remember, heres my 1st render to, i changed the wheels, spoiler and the exhasut. i also put on a scoop on the hood but you cant see it.
[ATTACH]44634[/ATTACH]

edit: ok i just made a second one this one i think is ok, and all for free with blender its easy to mod cars when u practice, i only started today

Dude you got to tell me how you can add mods and so on please, i beg you. I want to learn so bad, any tutorials or whatever?
hey bro, lol hes begging now lol, its easy as pie, i didnt use any tutorials, except this 1, i just had a fiddle with differant settings and stuff, i only just got it the other day, i cant b buggard explaning here, do you have msn? pm me and we can talk
Hmm, I can't seem to get the reflective floor...
I've done exactly what was said in the tutorial, but in all my renders the floor stays black...
Apart from that, excellent work Bogey!

EDIT: I've attached a render of the RAC, with the reflection on. It just appears as a shadow behind the car and tyres...
Attached images
rac_tyres.png
What are your floor material settings? maybe something is not activated.
How can I get rid off that black area showing on the render?
Attached images
222.jpg
not sure, its like the skyline i think, i just angle the camera down so u dont see it but i dono, ive been trying 2
Quote from mickyc30 :not sure, its like the skyline i think, i just angle the camera down so u dont see it but i dono, ive been trying 2

I've put the cam higher, but still curious how to remove it as others seem to have the background smooth.

Btw, another question: How do I rotate the front wheels of the car (as if steering). I tried moving them in the same way as with camera but they are rotating around cars center, and they consist of several parts. Any tips?
hey how can i reduce the lighting because every time i render something i end up with bunch of white patches which look really gay. See attachment
Attached images
fxr top gear.png
xrt team skin.png
This looks great, but the mediafire download doesn't seem to be working, can anyone post a different link to it?
Quote from Bogey Jammer :What are your floor material settings? maybe something is not activated.

I've attached a screenshot of the material menu for the floor. It's as default, except for the changes mentioned in the example. Could you take a look and tell me if anything's wrong? Thanks!
Attached images
floor_settings.PNG
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I've attached a screenshot of the material menu for the floor. It's as default, except for the changes mentioned in the example. Could you take a look and tell me if anything's wrong? Thanks!

you need to click off "onlysha" button. sorry if you already did that
Quote from DevilDare :you need to click off "onlysha" button. sorry if you already did that

Ah that's fixed it

Thanks!
Quote from [RF]-art555 :How can I get rid off that black area showing on the render?

It's the world background, you can hide it from render to get it transparent by pressing the "prem" button, below the "RENDER" button in the render menu. Press "sky" button to show it again.

Quote from DevilDare :hey how can i reduce the lighting because every time i render something i end up with bunch of white patches which look really gay. See attachment

The white patches are caused by specular shader I've set up to simulate the sun reflections. Unfortunately, the setting is not well suited for all the car shapes.
Move the sun light to put the shines on sharp or rounded surfaces rather than flat faces or play with the specular shader setting.

Quote from GFresh :This looks great, but the mediafire download doesn't seem to be working, can anyone post a different link to it?

Try it again, it seems to work for me.
Thanks
#74 - JJ72
what should I do in order to setup a mirror standing vertically on the other side of the car, to reflect the graphics that is unseen from the camera? thanks
Quote from JJ72 :what should I do in order to setup a mirror standing vertically on the other side of the car, to reflect the graphics that is unseen from the camera? thanks
  • Left-click behind the car where you would like to set the reflective surface.
  • Menu Add>Mesh>Plane, to spawn an 1m² plane at the 3D cursor position.
  • With manipulation tools and the transform properties window ("showed with "N" key), move, scale, rotate the vertex/edges/plane to place it exactly where you want.
  • Press "F5" to enter the material menu and select the "s_Mirr Blender" material in the DataBrowse dialog.
  • "s_Mirr Blender" is the material used by the rear view mirrors with a light blue tint, so to get a pure white mirror material, select "add new" in the material selector, rename the new material (like "white mirror") and set the 3 colors in the material tab to white.

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG