The online racing simulator
Quote from benjie.13 :The AI are still going too fast into the pitlane on X32. This is on the KY Oval.

Which cars? Because I tested the oval and it was ok. It will just save me a lot of testing if you tell me which cars don't slow down in time.
You know some cars exceed the speed limit because other cars are tailgating down the pit entrance (I mean they are touching the car in front and pushing it). For example I did a race in SO Classic and FZ5 was followed into pits by two RAC. The two RAC pushed the FZ5 over the pit entry line and made it have a drive through.
Practice AI bug
The AI now pit when in practice mode if they need to refuel, however they change tyres and repair damage (if there's need to) but they do not refuel.
Quote from Scawen :Which cars? Because I tested the oval and it was ok. It will just save me a lot of testing if you tell me which cars don't slow down in time.

BF1 everytime, almost the same for FO8. Big GTRs from time to time. (KY1)
Isn't it possible that they do not cross the thick white line in the turn and stay inside the yellow line?

edit: This also applies to KY2!!
Quote from Scawen :Which cars? Because I tested the oval and it was ok. It will just save me a lot of testing if you tell me which cars don't slow down in time.

Seems to be the faster cars (i.e. GTR and Formula). I've attached a couple of replays of AI cars at KY Oval. The BF1s don't slow down in time and get penalties. The UF1s do slow down in time but they all miss their pit boxes! A couple of the UF1s also miss their garages at the end of the race because they collide.
Attached files
BF1.spr - 492.1 KB - 239 views
UF1.spr - 788 KB - 246 views
I don't know if it is really is a bug, but I think there is need for a workarround.

An AI car was pushed away while pitting and hit the brakes even when leaving the pits. Have a look at R2-D2 in lap 5.
Attached files
ai_fails.mpr - 1.2 MB - 243 views
I just want to say what a massive, massive improvement the new AI is. They stay on track, they pit properly, they account fuel, etc. Best of all, I can really see the difference between the Newbie and Pro levels now. Before they ran very similar times, but now the Newbie level should be good enough for beginners to keep up and pass, while the Pro level should be tough to beat, even for veteran players. Huge, huge improvement overall.

Hell, I dare say that now the AI players are faster and hold better lines than most of the humans I've played against.
One thing I just found out is that the AI likes to change the line for overtaking or evading someone extremely quickly. Had a little XFR AI race a few minutes ago and an AI car approached from behind after I had screwed up a corner. I saw it coming closer and closer in the rear view mirror, almost touching, then it suddenly yanked to the right and promptly spun off the track

Overall it really seems to depend on the car and track on how competitive the AI is. They for example don't really seem to understand that adding a little throttle in the XFR - or on FWD cars with a LSD in general - helps enormously for turning, and even when almost straight the corner exits seemed a bit slow. On AS North Rev for example it was a good 3.5 seconds off my pace, and I was far from my best form too.
Phew 5 pages, someone please yell if this has been already filed in, ok?

Track = BL2
Car = XFG
Setup = Default rally cross, I had 28% fuel set and 15% on pitstop
Race 10 laps, no qual, no wind
11 AI cars, all use player setup
LFS version X32

AI cars seemed to pit at lap 5 because no fuel, AI 1 decided to make a pitstop at lap 9 too.

Pitting is chaos, entry is too aggressive, cars almost do spin, they ram to each other on pits and generally their behaviour on pit entry is bit of a problem.

Here is zipped replay, look AI 1 lap 5.

Second problem is that AI cars tend to warm up their clutches on normal driving, so could be that 20 laps is bit of challenge already.
I just made test race of 20 laps with 11 AI cars, they never did finished the race.
Also I realised that of course my fuel settings have nothing to do how much fuel AI takes

FZR still speeds in pit lane on X32

Ahhh - just checked properly - with damage - failed to brake in time - with no damage slows down just fine...... Call of the troops

Only real problem I do have there is that the AI take to the pit lane in the middle of the bend - and should really join before the solid white line.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven

It depends on the setup, I tested with BF1 using R4s on the front, and it seems that the AI doesn't slow down in time because they lock up the front tyres.

-edit- this seems to be 99% fixed in X32
Quote from AndroidXP :One thing I just found out is that the AI likes to change the line for overtaking or evading someone extremely quickly. Had a little XFR AI race a few minutes ago and an AI car approached from behind after I had screwed up a corner. I saw it coming closer and closer in the rear view mirror, almost touching, then it suddenly yanked to the right and promptly spun off the track

I've seen this same behavior. The worst part about it is that even with doing that quick change of line, they still fail to make the pass about 99% of the time. I think that the "passing" code is more designed for cars of different classes where the faster car is overtaking the slower car with a significant speed difference. In cars of similar speeds, rarely is there any passing in the game. The passing that is there seems to be mostly from one AI bumping the other just before a turn, which gives just enough room to get by. It would be nice to see a little more variation or, if possible, have the AI make a mistake every once in a while (enter a corner slightly too hot, brake just a little too much, etc). That would allow for a lot more variety and passing in the races.

That said, the AI are 100X better now than they were in Patch X.
If an AI is given a stop and go penalty by an admin, but removed before the car enters pitlane the AI will still sit for 10 seconds, even if the pit stop was completed in 2.

ps. I realize this is not a request thread, but a command for AI pitting would be handy (f.ex. /aipit [name]).
the ais spin a lot if they try to enter the fe club pitlane with a bf1
Attached files
ai fe crash.mpr - 1.3 MB - 245 views
if it has been posted sorry
Track:BL1R
Car:XRR
2nd Chicane right before last corner when they try to go over it they get on 2 wheels and then just flip
SO Sprint2 Single Player. After 4 Rounds of qualification the AI drivers are scattered around the track.They do not drive back into pits
Attached files
SO3_4.zip - 1.5 MB - 200 views
SO3 (like SO2) being a sprint track, the pitlane isn't really functional, so it 's probably supposed to be like that...
On problem I´ve noticed during our AI racing sessions was that the AI doesnt recalculate the pitstop if they start from the pits a few laps behind the leader (with mustpit on).
What happens is they still time it at half of the _full_ race distance, which in case the leaders are already past the half distance mark, causes them to get a disqualification for not pitting at all or pitting on the last lap.

So it should be (laps_max - laps_leader)/2 instead of laps_max/2
Another problem with the race tests I did, was an AI passing another AI, the first one would sometimes just brake, even on a straight or anywhere really. Thought that very odd.
I just did a race on the 8 lane drag with 7 AI, I was the only one to finish. The AI were driving around the start line, some didnt even move. some drove forward a bit, then parked on the side.
It's the BF1, Scawen.
basicly in all pits on all tracks with all cars they go to fast, they drive at a surten speed towards the pits and then brake for there lifes to reach 80 km.
I did not test it with all cars to be honest, and not on all tracks, but i think all would be the same if they have enough braking power.
The problem is there either to close to eachother when they enter the pits or there braking to hard, i think scawen would have a easy awnser for this.

Il show you...

this screenshot is from 5 BF1's driving one lap and then pitting, all im showing is the end result.
I thought first it was becuase of the brakes becuase ai's usaully are pretty much brain dead, but suprisingly they all did there calculations.

http://img198.imagevenue.com/i ... e=13290_bf1_122_357lo.JPG

In the picture there is just 1 ai saying it was going to fast in the pits, but thats the fualt of ai 1, if he dint brakes to hard the front wheels of ai 2 werent of the ground.
I mean if i was between those 5 something more horrible would have happened, give us some space between the ai's?.

i got more...

So i went on with my thoery and stupidly think that scawen just testet with the defualt sets since we can change the set's of the ai's (Sorry Scawen), but i gues im the idiot becuase my thoery was wrong.
Once they crossed the pit line i was surised by the result, becuase they just did the same i mean the same thing.

http://img149.imagevenue.com/i ... 3986_bf1_2_122_1164lo.JPG

i mean comon man you guys got brakes now but they still make the same mistake, i was hoping you 5 could show some results.

i got more...

so now im gonna show you how they cross the pit line.

http://img132.imagevenue.com/i ... 14546_bf1_3_122_733lo.JPG

very funny becuase they brake when they pass the speed limit sign, they must have a heavy right foot.

I hope this can help you scawen in the development of the AI drivers, let us know if this is the right way to report the bugs.
You should try it again in X33
X33
Although in the pits they're kinda OK - which is what X33 addressed. There's not much difference right before the pits - perhaps they don't take in account the fact that they got reduced downforce when they're close behind another car or something. The penalty issued in the screenshot was because of getting rear-ended. Almost the entire field but the last AI got one.
Attached images
bf1pits.jpg
lol he released a new patch when i make my nice post

wel tested it again and same things happen, they might be less agressive now but they still manage to crash eachother.
I think you should put more distance between the ai's when they make the return to the pits, this most likely wil fix the problem in pitting.
If not then let the ai's pit in the last pit not the first, this seem to be a problem to.

BUG REPORTS : AI Drivers
(254 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG