The online racing simulator
The new car...
Scawen, All cars speed entering pit lane at KY1 (Untested at other combos)
A odd question:

Will it come more cars? NEW in other patch?

( i have seen some vid's on youtube that someone have make a car)
Skoda car...
This is a bug report thread, please keep it to bug reports only. Even though the other posts weren't 100% on topic they were at least vaguely related.
they seem to be aware that hot tyres have less grip but are they also aware that its they themself heating those tyres up?
toying around with 20 fo8s at bl1 led to a whole bunch of ais locking up everywhere and driving in a puff of smoke after just a few laps (less than 5)
#31 - troy
just had this failure messages in a server full of AI's not sure if its really related but i guess its best to post the screenie here.

message was: invalid (x) - could not find connection
Attached images
lfs_invalid.jpg
Quote from troy :just had this failure messages in a server full of AI's not sure if its really related but i guess its best to post the screenie here.

message was: invalid (x) - could not find connection

That looks like a failed InSim message to me. Are you running an InSim tool that might not be compatible with the latest patch? Just a thought.
Well, we're in the SR Ai server, so their app might need to be fixed some.
I've just taken it off-line, it shouldn't have been running anyway, but all insim apps are now off
Are the AI drivers supposed to pit for anything other than fuel and tires? I'm running a race around South City with 9 AI drivers right now. One hit the wall and damaged his suspension, but rather than pitting he's continuing to limp around the track, causing pileups and generally being a rolling road block.

Are the AI supposed to pit for damage or retire if it gets bad enough? Is this planned for post-Alpha?
Quote from Cue-Ball :Are the AI drivers supposed to pit for anything other than fuel and tires? I'm running a race around South City with 9 AI drivers right now. One hit the wall and damaged his suspension, but rather than pitting he's continuing to limp around the track, causing pileups and generally being a rolling road block.

Are the AI supposed to pit for damage or retire if it gets bad enough? Is this planned for post-Alpha?

My FO8 AI just kept going with deflated rear tyres and damaged suspension.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :My FO8 AI just kept going with deflated rear tyres and damaged suspension.

Yeah, I've found the same thing. At first it was just one AI that bent up his car who refused to pit, but after less than an hour, an entire field of 9 AI drivers on South City have pretty much totaled their cars. They've either plowed into the guy that was putting along, they've hit the wall, or they've blown out their rear tires. None of them have pitted for new tires or to fix damage, so I'm guessing that behavior isn't included in this patch.

Edit: I'm also curious if the Newbie-Learner-OK-Quick-Pro makes a difference. I've tried a few AI-only races on the different levels and noticed no real difference in lap times, passing ability, driving line, etc.
#38 - dev
Multiplayer game... Two AI crashed, the one in front got massive LAG, and the second one stoped and waited... Look at the replay, watch the AI called Sonny...
It looks like AI drivers stop for fuel on races measured in laps, but not on timed races. I ran a few races today that were 100 or more laps and each time the AI would pit for fuel (or at least try to). I just ran a 1 hour race on Westhill with three each of the GTR class cars with "pit stop required"=yes. The AI cars correctly determined that they would need to run 2 stints, and they put less than a full tank of fuel in. However, by lap 22 (about 35 minutes into the hour long race) the FXRs were running out of fuel. Two laps later the XRRs and FZRs ran out. None of the cars ever stopped for fuel.

So, they correctly knew that they would have to stop for fuel. They correctly gave themselves enough fuel for about half of the distance. But they never stopped to refill.
On FE Black Rev AI drivers in the LX6 are consistently overcooking the corner after you go over the bridge.
It's quite funny to watch a group of 20 of them do it.
Tried the same w/ the RAC and they're fine. The LX6 drivers are fine on the same corner on FE Gold Rev.
Same thing here, AI cars not knowing they're about to run out of fuel and just grind to a halt, also a timed race.
Can only comment on the FZR really at this point, as they ran out about 10min ago, the XRRs are all sitting in various gravel traps and the FXRs are leading the way but will eventually run out of fuel
Im betting it wont take much to fix, probably just an oversight, but at least its getting there.

The fuel calculations at the start were interesting to see, nice knowing they dont just stick 100% fuel in and keep on going and instead devise their own strategy of sorts.
Also, a question about the AI while im thinking about it, half the FZR's which ran out of fuel also picked up a puncture the same lap, and its got me wondering whether they pit for damage & tyres, though im guessing they wont revise the strategy based on their findings (ie flat 60% into their intented stints).
Quote from PaulC2K :Also, a question about the AI while im thinking about it, half the FZR's which ran out of fuel also picked up a puncture the same lap, and its got me wondering whether they pit for damage & tyres

From what I've seen so far (I've run several AI races of varying lengths), the AI drivers do not stop for tires or damage - only fuel. And even then, not during timed races. Hopefully Scawen can fix this in the next test patch.
oval/FZ50 when pitting the AI *might* spin out sometimes.
sometimes a few AI's try to take the same pitbox, resulting in 2-5 cars beside, instead of taking another box they drive another lap and pit then.
same config, they pushed eachother on pitentrance what resulted in penaltys, which they dont clear.

edit - AI's dont repair if pitstop isnt forced.
no matter how many damage they have.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the bug reports. Yes I posted that they still ram players, and I'll be working on that.

Which car were you using? This will help me reproduce the bug in minimum time.

Which track configuration was this on? If it's a SO Sprint Track or FE Rallycross Green there are no pit stops or pit lane so that's what they do.

Which car and track configuration was that?

Nope was FE1 Club is that i believe.
Found it intersting they all had same strategy and came in to pits at same lap. Are they supposed to used same strategies atm?
Quote from Scawen :

Which car and track configuration was that?

SO Chicane, saw it doing a damaged RAC each time, altough an other RAC and LX6 made the same mistake a few times. The damaged RAC never got a chance to repair due to always entering to complete drive tru and getting a new one.
Quote from Scawen :
KNOWN ISSUES : The AI will still drive into you quite a lot when you are racing, in the pit lane or on the main track. The focus so far has been their speed and racing reliability, and their ability to pit. I expect to work on their behaviour around other cars this week.

Thanks for you're work - and nice to know, what should by fixed also soon. I hope this evening I can drive with friends and some AI via internet... yesterday I'm driving with 19 AIs. Only the main problem (which you want fix anyway - see above) I could report and a little chaos within the pitbox.

I hope, the next (AI) test patch coming soon...

once again: all over - very impressiv and nice work

PS: Could ai also drive with wind soon? At the moment both isn't allowed.
AI dont pit when practice
Ai behaves ok (pitting) when server has compulsory pitstop = on, but when it doesnt, they NEVER pit.

Instead of calculating pitstops on start of the race, they should do it dynamically, like 200m before pitlane:
im_damaged_a_little && have_1min_advantage = dont pit
but, im_damaged_hard = pit.

while damage == structural damage && tire worn
some simple function would do here.

Coming out of the pit at start they should let pass whoever is on the main straight in the pit (now they crash into each other)

Coming into pits, "pitting guide lane" should be done so that they wont go over other pit boxes;
they have to watch for other racers coming out of their pit boxes.
Quote from uttoro :AI dont pit when practice

They don't pit for refuelling during qualify either.
What is pretty annoying is that they have their own fuel 'strategy' and looks like they don't obey the fuel settings set into the garage.

Anyway they can't pit properly during a race. They are ALL going to pit on the same lap because they are ALL using the same fuel strategy (see above) and if there are more than 3 AI's on track they are going to crash each others in the pitlane.

There are also some issues with overtaking

BUG REPORTS : AI Drivers
(254 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG