The online racing simulator
Hello Everyone...

First Post to this Forum.... And I hope I found the right spot to post it...
I just wanted to say that so far everything works flawlessly with the new patch and I'm very happy with all the mayor changes... exept for the 90° restraint for the views... Maybe because I use a TrackIR it really feels weird being restricted, at least in the road cars... Before it was almost total freedom like in rl now, its feels like driving with an ill neck...hihi

Is there any option to adjust the max view angle? Would be nice, though!

Keep up the awesome work...
Ok...The clutch lol As much as i love it, how can i cool my clutch? The pits dont repair it and leaving the car to sit there will take a long time. Also are clutches different with different cars? I find LX cars are easier to heat the cluch than RB4's? Is this just me?

John
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :Ok...The clutch lol As much as i love it, how can i cool my clutch? The pits dont repair it and leaving the car to sit there will take a long time. Also are clutches different with different cars? I find LX cars are easier to heat the cluch than RB4's? Is this just me?

John

I have noticed that, ok in racing this WONT HELP, but a car stopped cools it downbut maybe it will cool down depending on the rev count from leaving the gear to going into the next?
Like change gear as the warning light comes on dash to change gear, do it then not before or after, just as close as the light comes on, that worked for me anyways
Quote from Maelstrom :Digital speedo exist in road car too
I remember to have been in one and it was something like 20 years ago

HEHE my dads 1991 Astra MK2 had one, that is only 16 years but close enough
cruise (without "wrong way") is good idea.. but nice option will be turn off all handicaps (for drift servers, cruise servers, or if i want driving only in xrt in example)
Quote :Removed digital speedo option - now depends on type of car

!

get it back in and do some proper tachos first.
i cant tell my speed from the current ones.
beside that, nice update!
Well the patch is good, but I guess I'm not playing it anymore, freaking LOW fps... I need a better pc to play this, and It's gonna take a time to get a new one...

But yeah the patch is good!
In previous versions I always used the digital speedometer, and IRL I prefer digital too.

Also, having to drop the throttle manually for upshifts is cool but could the blip throttle on downshift option be put back for us gamepad users? It's mighty hard to move the throttle/brake stick forward AND backwards at the same time.
#384 - dev
Quote from Rotareneg :In previous versions I always used the digital speedometer, and IRL I prefer digital too.

Also, having to drop the throttle manually for upshifts is cool but could the blip throttle on downshift option be put back for us gamepad users? It's mighty hard to move the throttle/brake stick forward AND backwards at the same time.

Cut the stick in half
-
(srdsprinter) DELETED by srdsprinter
Can someone tell me if there we're tires physics changes? I think there was because:

-All the tires ADs we're replaced with AVON ADs
-I was doing 11 consistent laps of drifting at Blackwood before they poped (Patch X)... Now after 6 laps they are DONE...
I am overwhelmed, really... i couldn't imagine how removal of the throttle cut and blip can add so much to the future of LFS, and i'm so glad that it goes that way!
The fact that we ALL now have to manually lift off and blip the throttle will add SO much to the immersion of the racing! Every person will differently lift the throttle and everyone will diferently blip it and that all adds so much to the realism and quality racing.
LFS is now so much "dirtier" there's more factors that influence the lap times and races and that's how it should be! FBM is GREAT, the new BL is GREAT! and SO is so much bumpier i felt like i was karting, that's how adrenaline rushed i was! Chicane route is also great, that middle sector chicane is awesome!

And the removal of digital speedo in some cars is maybe even the best option! I always drove analog as it feels more natural and i always sad that you should drive by feel, not looking at the speedo and thank you Scawen for proving me right!
Awesome stuff, i just hope we don't have to wait too long for the new interiors...

GO GO GO SCAVIER!
Quote from Riders Motion :Can someone tell me if there we're tires physics changes? I think there was because:

-All the tires ADs we're replaced with AVON ADs
-I was doing 11 consistent laps of drifting at Blackwood before they poped (Patch X)... Now after 6 laps they are DONE...

There have been no tire changes the Avon adds and tires have simply been a graphical update for the FBM.

EDIT - I do apologise for my inability to read :doh:
False:

The tyres now heat up, and wear quicker.
"Racing tyres generate more heat and wear more quickly"

However, it says racing tyres, but it seems like it affects the road ones also, hmm.
Regarding new view controls:

Quote from ajp71 :What's wrong with the L2 and R2 buttons far easier to reach than the POV.

The D-pad on the DFP is a better choice. The sequential stick is on the right, D-pad on the left, so you can still look in either direction with one hand on the shifter - you wouldn't be able to do that using L2 and R2.

I think the config for the look functions aren't very well thought through. I'd much prefer an option to map 45 or 90 degrees independently. 45 degrees is nice, and maybe I'll get used to it and never want 90 degrees again, but it will take a while to get used to figuring out whether someone's overlapping me or not.

Quote from Riders Motion :I was doing 11 consistent laps of drifting at Blackwood before they poped (Patch X)... Now after 6 laps they are DONE...

Tyres heat up and wear out faster now. In patch X they lasted way too long and you could run practically a whole hour or more on the same tyres - I think Scawen's trying to make tyre changes more a part of racing. If you're burning them out after 6 laps try not skidding so much.

Quote from Boris Lozac :LFS is now so much "dirtier" there's more factors that influence the lap times and races and that's how it should be!

Absolutely. I think nK-Pro still has the edge in this area, but LFS is getting grittier and more mechanical and it's just what it needs.
Kev, I'd be able to make a worthy comparison on that, if I didn't get pissed off at nKpro's great idea to go "NO AIM FOR YOU" in demo
first I got a could not load XFG_default engine file, then a cannot load font file! can someone help me fix this!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Regarding new view controls:

I think the config for the look functions aren't very well thought through. I'd much prefer an option to map 45 or 90 degrees independently. 45 degrees is nice, and maybe I'll get used to it and never want 90 degrees again, but it will take a while to get used to figuring out whether someone's overlapping me or not.

I'm torn about this myself. I don't like it as of now because I mainly want to look at my 90 degree side to see someone overtaking. I don't like needing to hit both left/right buttons to view the 90 degrees.

On the other hand, I use an FOV of 50-60, which means I don't have squat for seeing a car at my front corner. The 45 degree look REALLY helps with this. But it's still the 90 degree that I would use probably 90% of the time.

I think I'll get use to it, but currently I'm not fond of the change.

Just a comment about the clutch heat and all the talk about it cooling down since we can not repair. Here's my thoughts, I will take correction if I'm plain old wrong about this. A clutch wouldn't be like tires overheating. Once a clutch would overheat to the point that it is slipping, the clutch plates are damaged. The clutch friction plate would be glazed over and nothing short of removing it and replacing it would help. There is no "let the clutch cool off". Just a thought going through my mind as I read comments. Again, you may correct me if I'm wrong (Tristan?)
it takes a good afternoon (leisurely, alcohol inhibited/enhanced afternoon) to change a clutch

The pits won't be able to do anything

Clutch heat is the only thing implemented, not damage...so I suppose heating up and cooling off is possible at the moment, although it takes a very long time to cool down, making it essentially race ending if you heat it up too much.
Can anyone tell if there is actually any difference between the clutches in the race and road cars?
Quote from Rotareneg :Also, having to drop the throttle manually for upshifts is cool but could the blip throttle on downshift option be put back for us gamepad users? It's mighty hard to move the throttle/brake stick forward AND backwards at the same time.

Now that it's finally removed after probably lot of thinking, I bet it won't be coming back no matter how much padders or keyboarders wants it. Simple solution: just don't blip then.

I hope the 45 degs view mode gets fixed before official patch (adding option to choose between 45 degs and 90 degs mode), so many people are thinking it's bad improvement.
Now south city looks more real. TY Scawen
Quote from deggis :Now that it's finally removed after probably lot of thinking, I bet it won't be coming back no matter how much padders or keyboarders wants it. Simple solution: just don't blip then.

I hope the 45 degs view mode gets fixed before official patch (adding option to choose between 45 degs and 90 degs mode), so many people are thinking it's bad improvement.

Tounge in cheek:
Simple solution: just don't look 90 degs then.
Just j/k mate mmmkay. I agree with you.

So, can you not look back now in car? I can't test that right now but that's what I've heard....
im so glad i bought S2.Thanks Scawen,Victor,and Eric!
1st of all let me thank you for the patch!

It would be great if there were options like:

[ ] side view in two steps: 45° -> 90°
[ ] side view in two steps: 90° -> rear
Ive not read the whole thread, Ive not even had a proper test of the new patch yet. I got up early to have a play
Has anyone tried mouselook to see if it solves the view problems?
Ive not tried the latest version but I get the feeling I will shortly.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG