The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
Quote from Madman_CZ :I have invested 21 million and have the company up to level 5 in research and it is currently sitting 19th in the world.

It does help that you get some nice cash in return.

Hehehe...seems to be a rather complicated equation that governs 2nd companies...something like:

The more you put in, the more you get out!!
2nd Company (Junior Racing League)

Invested: £3,235,000,000
Total Profits per race = £43,162,333
currently rated 7th in the world.
The only reason im happy im in a inactive league is because i want to get back to where i was before i had to reset, and its working nicely :P
Quote from tristancliffe :Total Profits per race = £43,162,333

:eye-poppi:jawdrop:

That's some profit! Makes me wish I got my pro account earlier!
Total: £36,449,840

My income, I should invest a few 100m in my company
I put every penny into my 2nd company, so before a race I always have less than £1m. Usually end up with about £65m after each race, all of which goes back into the 2nd company, etc, repeat.
I replaced my 2nd driver with my 3rd becuase he was slower and insantly my(former) 2nd driver gets faster practise times then both my 1st and (former) 3rd driver..

Btw this new pit timing is great! im coming 2nd in the championship(I would be first but I wasn't able to qualify for the previous race).
Man.. help! I have just made a mistake and used up nearly all of my money. I only have 10 000 left in my account. Can i enter the next race with that??? Really panicking as before didn't you need 300 000 in the bank to enter a race??

worried!

anyone know what the deal is

mad
As long as you're making profit, you can race even with £0 on the bank afaik.

And btw: div. 9 for me now. Unfortunately, my issues are still not resolved, pitting times have been the same as three seasons ago all the way, even though my tech. department has improved considerably. And Chris is not answering in the errors and bug reporting forum. I'm really annoyed by now.
Quote from Linsen :As long as you're making profit, you can race even with £0 on the bank afaik.

Pheew!

Glad to hear that then! now that I have done 18 seasons.

Currently in division 7
bugger it...I was hoping for Div 6 this year, but just scraped into the bottom end of Div 5...really up against the big boys now.
My fault I suppose for getting a 100% last season...1 and 2 in every race... total Domination!
Still got some nice RELIABLE engines for sale..170/170/100/170 at 2.25 mill...(may go a bit cheaper for LFS members )

btw Madman...how the heck did you lose all that money?? by this time you should be making at least 10 mill per race profit!!!
Quote from Bladerunner :btw Madman...how the heck did you lose all that money?? by this time you should be making at least 10 mill per race profit!!!

Heh, well i didn't have a pro until my 14th season or something like that so I was totally relying on the sponsors. Now that I have my second company i am starting to make some good money per race. But still my profit with the sponsors and second company is only 4.2mil now. I have all facilities 5 star and all research up to level 5. Slowly but surely I am getting there but I could do with some more cash. I should have bought the pro account earlier :P

My chassis inst that great either so i think i will get whooped!

I lost all my money though by putting all of it in my second company, I had 1.6m left and then i was hiring department staff, i by accident selected the wrong guy so i went back and went to change manager and picked the one i wanted, only thing i forgot was that probably the other one will have to be paid off! bah! then i saw my account go down to 10,000 so I am really poor now lol!
As I feared...got absolutely PWNED in my first race in div 5..at least a full second off the pace of top guys..but can only now start building a 180 spec chassis and engine...trouble is, this is gonna take time, and I am already up to 45th in the rankings...which means that by the time I get my chassis and engine built, I'll be in div 4 and get pwned there instead!!!
Not doing too well in div. 9 here. My damn chassis is just not good enough it seems. Oh well, maybe I'll have the luck of staying in div. 9 at least and win some races next season. If only I had a better test track. I was actually planning to skip the 2* test track, but it will take a long time to save up £50 million -- especially since I'm putting so much money into research. Maybe I need to rethink my business plan
1-2 in qualifying in my first div 3 race - but 2 other drivers ganged up on one of mine and force him into a twin mistake on the same lap, so I ended up finishing 1-8. Still nice to see I'm finally competitive

PS: Buy my engines (DLR Ultimate, pw: lfs)
My first race in div 7 wasn't too bad. One of my drivers crashed out but the other finished 3rd. I think i would have got atleast 3,4 places if it wasn't for the crash.

My chassis is still very crap too...
Cam Racing
Glad to note I have been noticed in GPManager. Only really started winning in the last few seasons.
Hope I am doing justice to the LFS club.

Honest Tom because when I play cheat I am really bad at hiding what I have. No problem in poker though.
So you are Cam Racing! One thing you have to tell me: How on earth are you this fast with a MacLaren chassis? I don't get it. Technically, I should be faster than you, but I'm ~0.130 seconds behind (that's at qualy in Malaysia and just an example, as you know, I'm slower than you on every track).
Dunno
Well as far as I can see I have everything as maxed out as possible for a non-contributor. Have been in it for 19 years and was good to finally win races and championships in the last few seasons. Just want to get into the top 50 as a non-contributor (not many of us there).
Is there anything that you don't have maxed out that I may have? Otherwise it is just really close and this season is looking really tight.
Tom
Well, as far as I can tell, I should have everything that's relevant to race performance at a higher level than a non-contributor could have it. My chassis is at 87% all round (except for weight) and 100% stability. Tech dep. is 5*, manager is Pat Symmonds and staff is at 250, of course. Tech. dep. is also running at 150% by now. I've run a 200% all round engine for the last season and got the same this season. Both drivers are 5* all round. Car has been at 600kg for a while now. So I don't have a clue why I am so dreadfully slow. I mean, I could understand it if your chassis was at 120%, but since it's not, I was suspecting something wrong with my account or something. Especially since my pitting times had not improved for the last 3 or 4 seasons. They're just starting to come down since the beginning of this season. I already posted about this in the GPMP forum and even wrote Chris a personal message, but he's not replying. I'm really lost here.

Btw, this is not to belittle your performance, you're obviously doing a great job, it's just that my performance doesn't seem to be where it should be.

Regards,

Linsen
Quote from Linsen :Well, as far as I can tell, I should have everything that's relevant to race performance at a higher level than a non-contributor could have it. My chassis is at 87% all round (except for weight) and 100% stability. Tech dep. is 5*, manager is Pat Symmonds and staff is at 250, of course. Tech. dep. is also running at 150% by now. I've run a 200% all round engine for the last season and got the same this season. Both drivers are 5* all round. Car has been at 600kg for a while now. So I don't have a clue why I am so dreadfully slow. I mean, I could understand it if your chassis was at 120%, but since it's not, I was suspecting something wrong with my account or something. Especially since my pitting times had not improved for the last 3 or 4 seasons. They're just starting to come down since the beginning of this season. I already posted about this in the GPMP forum and even wrote Chris a personal message, but he's not replying. I'm really lost here.

Btw, this is not to belittle your performance, you're obviously doing a great job, it's just that my performance doesn't seem to be where it should be.

Regards,

Linsen

Chris has replied in the Errors & Bugs section of the forum.
Dunno Part 2
Won the race today, would have had 1,2 if had both on 3 stopper. Don't know what is going on. All my stats are at 120% except weight (82% 601kg). If that makes a difference to the speed I hope it explains it.
Read the post in the GPManager forums. The fact that your pit times have not come down is a worry. Mine came down steadily as I improved staff and other things (now constant 12ish secs).
I know you don't mean any offense by your comments, I can well understand why you are frustrated.
Just a question because I can't find it the GPManager forums. Do I still need to buy a chassis even though all my parts are better than McLaren now? I got the impression for the post that I don't have to, but I've never seen anything on GPManager saying that's what you can do.
Happy Racing
Tom

PS Hope to see you on LFS sometime, see who is really faster.
Quote from evyytw133 :Just a question because I can't find it the GPManager forums. Do I still need to buy a chassis even though all my parts are better than McLaren now? I got the impression for the post that I don't have to, but I've never seen anything on GPManager saying that's what you can do.

Oh, man, are you saying you're using your own parts exclusively and they're all at 120%*? You've been wasting money :doh: Get rid of that MacLaren chassis altogether, you don't need it, and use only your own parts.

*) This also finally explains why you're so much faster than me.
D'oh
Could have saved a lot of money. Damn.
Thought the idea was you had an actual chassis to which you put the parts.
Sounds silly now i say it out load. Ah well. We live and learn.
Glad that explain the speed difference.
Tom
Quote from Linsen :So you are Cam Racing!

Aha, I was wondering the same thing, I was with Cam Racing in one or two seasons. Fast team, was wondering who they were

to the comment above! I thought the very same thing, when my parts replaced the standard Ferrari parts i was still buying a Ferrari chassis. I did that for two seasons until i figured what was what! Then I stopped throwing my money away. It was a slow learning curve to figure out the application interface. I didn't really bother the first few seasons.

mad

edit: forgot to add, I am having problem with stability, my car stability is 55% even though my chassis is evenly developed?? Any tips on how to get the car more stable?

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG