The online racing simulator
But Eric, that's like telling Tristan that he hasn't discovered his mind because he thinks oval racing is boring. Doesn't work.

I don't find any of the tracks boring, I think they're all quite engaging actually - but I can't belittle someone because they think a track is boring.
#354 - col
All wrong. It's 50,000 nautical miles per second (I've been flight simming the past few weeks....)
Quote from Hallen :If you are bored, then you are not putting enough into it. There are so many more facets of racing than just lapping or even pickup races online. Skinning, setups, understanding the physics, what exactly does 50 Knm/s really mean... etc. Plenty of stuff to do. Organize a league, put a team together for endurance racing... man the list just goes on.

The point is, if you are bored, then I will tell you the same thing I tell my kids: We are not responsible for entertaining you. Quit whining and go engage your mind. You just might find out that you have one and it can be very entertaining to play with.

Well, first the most important thing - obviously, it was Hyperactive who got the units right! Learn the bloody physics, guys!

Now, back to you, Hallen. First of all I'm not whining, but it might be hard to distinguish over the internet ofcourse.

Next thing: if I'm bored of Aston and not of South City, then I guess that means Aston bores me and South City doesn't - nothing more, nothing less, thank you. Just food for thought.

As for your other advice - I don't have time for organizing leagues (OK, right now I'm organizing a mini-league, but my driving force is a custom car [VOB swapping] and not the tracks. But I'm going off-topic here) or running in endurance leagues. Yes, I know it's not your fault nor is it your duty to entertain me, but I've never stated or implied that, have I?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :But Eric, that's like telling Tristan that he hasn't discovered his mind because he thinks oval racing is boring. Doesn't work.

I don't find any of the tracks boring, I think they're all quite engaging actually - but I can't belittle someone because they think a track is boring.

That wasn't really the point Jeff. If you (the generic "you" meaning whomever is reading this) find oval racing boring, well then don't do it. If you find all the content in LFS boring, and complain that you just can't play it anymore until new content comes out, then I would argue that you are just skimming the surface. It kind of goes back to what mrogers said earlier, but I wouldn't have used those words.

There is so much more to LFS and racing than a new track or even a new car. If you are not entertained by the current stuff, then you will only be entertained for a few weeks or a month if and when they do add new content. It is a perception problem and a desire for others to entertain you rather than you making the most of something and entertaining yourself.

New content is always welcome. I would like to see some more stuff myself. However, good racing is good racing. I can always shave a few tenths off of laps. I can always work on really understanding setup changes to make me a better racer. If you think you have peaked, well, that is the time to dig deeper and fight to improve. It isn't the time to start complaining about needing a new track.

All of this is just my opinion. Nothing more.
Quote from Hallen :If you are not entertained by the current stuff, then you will only be entertained for a few weeks or a month if and when they do add new content. It is a perception problem and a desire for others to entertain you rather than you making the most of something and entertaining yourself.

Kaboom!

That's the main difference beatween serious simmers and wanna-be real racing drivers.. I'm not saying that i don't want new content, not by far, but there's so much here to do for a real simmer..
Wanna-be real racing drivers are those who prefer to drive a F2007 with Kimi Raikonen written on it on a "real" track and pretend that they are Kimi, while a real simmer want's to be HIMSELF in a whatever car on a whatever track and go beyond limit..
Just race already!
I don't have a problem with not having that many improvements. I really don't pay that much attention to the trees and tracks and the graphics. I have to turn them all down anyway because of my computer.
My fun comes from the racing! Battling it out with the other racers is what keeps me coming back day after day. The personalities of the people are what makes it interesting more than anything else. I don't even have time to worry about if things could be improved. Before this game I was one of the gamers that had a few games on the go at all times. Since I've started playing LFS I haven't played anything else.
Hope to see you all on the track!
For a good race you need just one car and track. Everything else will divide the community and wanting anything more will just delay the dev process and is a sign of mental illness - or at least you're a greedy person who wants it all now. And you don't even have a wr and you haven't driven UF1 on oval rev. You just don't get LFS!!!!
The only real LFS'ers are the ones that haven't posted in this thread yet!
Quote from Hyperactive :For a good race you need just one car and track. Everything else will divide the community and wanting anything more will just delay the dev process and is a sign of mental illness - or at least you're a greedy person who wants it all now. And you don't even have a wr and you haven't driven UF1 on oval rev. You just don't get LFS!!!!

That's right..
Every night on our demo server with BL and XFG i can have a one hell of a race and i have like a milion km there.. so.. yea and i'm still 4 thenths of a WR..
What's a car or two or a track or two make any difference to that thinking? You will get bored of it and you'll want more again..
Please tell me you driven a XFG/XFR on SO long rev and youre bored of it.. how many seconds are you off the WR? Isn't that the point of simming, to find your limit and go well beyond it? You people are bored of public combos not the LFS combos and that's another story.. that's the community problem, not LFS problem..
Even As Club is cool, with the MRT though. That left/right after the old bridge is really freaky, probably especially when using the mouse. I dunno, it floats my boat.
I'm in the 'I'd like more tracks' group too. The ones we have are nice, but I want something different. For me, personally, it's not a matter of being bored with the content. It's wanting different content. That's not a bad thing.

For instance, I want some more mountainous type circuits (akin, as I've said several times on these forums, to Bathurst, Mosport and/or le Circuit Mont Tremblant). Aston and Kyoto are not mountainous circuits, so don't try to feed that BS.

Another thing is atmosphere. I'd like a more densely forested type track. Something a little more up close and personal; everything we have (save for Fern Bay) is very FIA in feel (to me). I'd like something more 'clubby' and oldschool feeling.

I don't see why people jump on those who would like more? Demanding more and saying the game is crap without it I can understand jumping on someone for, but making a simple point that some more would be nice? I want more, that doesn't mean I have to go somewhere else until (if) we get it.
OK, here's how I feel about the tracks:

BL GP: Straight is too long, corners all too similar.
BL RallyX: OK, reverse is annoying because everybody cuts T1.

FE Club: Useless. Too small.
FE Green: Gay chicanes.
FE Gold: OK-ish.
FE Black: Too long, too re-used, but doesn't matter because nobody ever uses it anyway.
FE RallyX: Alright.
FE RallyX Green: Gayishly small.

SO Classic: 3 corners - oval in disguise.
SO Sprint 1: Needs pits due to gay kerbs.
SO Sprint 2: Alright.
SO Town: Alright.
SO Long: Alright.

AS Cadet: Surprisingly not bad-ish.
AS Club: 3 corners - another oval circuit.
AS National: 20 miles long and not enough corners.
AS GP/Historic: One track masquerading as two.
AS GT: Reverse makes it slightly interesting.
AS North: Cuts out most of the gayest parts of National/GP/Historic, making it the best circuit at Aston.

KY Oval: 3 corners. As wide as it is long.
KY National: Most corners flat out in most cars, then made even less interesting by the long boring oval bit.
KY GP: I don't think I've ever done a race there so it might as well not exist.

Westhill: Quite interesting.

There. Hopefully that will help explain how people can be bored of certain circuits. I wish I was more easily entertained, I really do.
You'd be surprised, KY GP is one of the best tracks out there
Kev, I've figured out, that BL really has like 4 corners, becuase the one at end of stright, and one before bridge are identical.
Quote from thisnameistaken :OK, here's how I feel about the tracks:

FE Black: Too long, too re-used, but doesn't matter because nobody ever uses it anyway.

AS North: Cuts out most of the gayest parts of National/GP/Historic, making it the best circuit at Aston.

KY National: Most corners flat out in most cars, then made even less interesting by the long boring oval bit.

There. Hopefully that will help explain how people can be bored of certain circuits. I wish I was more easily entertained, I really do.

WOW can you say HOMOPHOBE three times fast?
Quote from thisnameistaken :OK, here's how I feel about the tracks:

How can you say that Westhill is interesting when you say tracks like RallyX is borring. RallyX (Fe6) offeres spectacular races and are great fun!
The bad thing with rallycross tracks in LFS is that they are all mixed dirt/asphalt. I hope we'll get full dirt races in the future!
Quote from Toddshooter :WOW can you say HOMOPHOBE three times fast?

i think gayishly is my new favorite word
Quote from Maelstrom :The bad thing with rallycross tracks in LFS is that they are all mixed dirt/asphalt.

Umm, that's what rally cross is. But yeah, all dirt tracks would be interesting. I would really like for LFS to widen the rather limited view it has of racing currently. That was the plan at one point wasn't it?
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm not talking amount of detail (bumps, perfect cambers, kerb profiles etc), I'm referring to basic data like length of straights, radii of bends, amount of gradient... Almost without exception they're rubbish.

Why bother doing something it is isn't done right? No one wins awards for mediocrity. There is no excuse to EVER release crap work

Sketch an aerial pic of a new track for us then?

Quote from Bob Smith :real Apples > simulated Oranges

fixed it for ya Bob
Quote from Toddshooter :WOW can you say HOMOPHOBE three times fast?

Measuring the gayness of certain circuits doesn't mean I have any less respect for gay people. Some of my best friends are bummers.

Quote from The Very End :How can you say that Westhill is interesting when you say tracks like RallyX is borring. RallyX (Fe6) offeres spectacular races and are great fun!

I said two of the rallyx circuits were OK, but the shortest FE one would be too small even for a wheelchair race.
Quote from boosterfire :You'd be surprised, KY GP is one of the best tracks out there

......and tragically underused in public server road car races, although it is somewhat spoiled by the easily cut parts towards the end.

I think the LFS tracks are of a good standard overall. Perhaps in some ways a large section of them are too angled towards the GTR and fast single seaters for my personal taste. The problem is, unless they make a massive number, I expect the forth coming tracks will also follow suit.

LFS nothing new for long time!
(419 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG