The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
Ah - can someone please try and get onto the GPMP website cos it doesn't work for me.

P.S The values for my calculator are based on that of the online one! - So you'll get roughly the same results for the fuel (cos u've no idea how to work it out normally!! - I'd presume that you'd need actual values for that!), but mine takes into account the pit stop time, which on the online one is always about 20 seconds.

EDIT: Works now!
16th division now. I think I'll get roasted... Hopefully my sponsors understand
Can I go straight from a 3* HQ to a 5* HQ? Cos I don't want to spend 30M when I can just spend 20M!
anyone in 49th division? :P

(Damn i wish i had my old stats still, i would have been around 15-20 devisions)
Quote from J@tko :Can I go straight from a 3* HQ to a 5* HQ? Cos I don't want to spend 30M when I can just spend 20M!

Hmm, I really hope it is possible to go straight from 3 to 5. Especially because I'm at 1 now and I'm saving for the 3 (HQ). Sucks if I need to buy the 2 because it isn't mentioned anywhere that you need to go one step at a time

EDIT: hmm, how long do I need to play this until I get to hire my first lawyers?
Yes, you can jump straight to any level you want, as long as you have the money for it.
Made it!

180 pts in constructors championship and both drivers tied for first in drivers championship! Perfect season!

I passed Cam Racing in the LFS Club ranking. And, here it comes: I've got the most kudos!

What a season. We'll see how it goes in 13th division now.

Edit: Oh my, it's not looking too good now. So far there are at least 2 teams faster than me in qualifying -- one of them is Cam Racing .

Edit 2: This is rather disillusioning. I've got herki's great engine (200/200/100/200) and I'm slower than at least three other teams in qualifying now. Most noticeably I'm 0.4 seconds slower than Cam Racing, which is using the MacLaren chassis, which is worse than my own chassis. I guess this would rule out engine and chassis as the reason for my crappy performance, right? So, is it all down to my technical department operating at only 120%?
Making a new post now, because I need an explanation for this.

As already stated above, I'm in 13th div. now and, at least in qualifying, I'm the slowest team (of six who have already qualified). What I don't understand is this:

I'm using herki's 200/200/100/200 engine, which should be pretty fast, I think. My chassis is at 65% to 66% on all stats, stability is 100%. I've got a 5* construction hall and technical dep. is running at 120% with 250 assistants. Technical manager is Patrick Head.

All other teams (except for one, which has not qualified) in my division are not contributing, so they're tech dep. can't be operating at more than 120%. Most teams are using their own chassis, so I don't know their stats, but Cam Racing is using a MacLaren chassis which should be considerably worse than my own chassis, yet, I'm 0.4 seconds behind in pace.

Anybody got an idea, why my performance would be so bad compared to the other teams? surely they can't all be using 200 all around engines, can they?
Quote from need :Yes, you can jump straight to any level you want, as long as you have the money for it.

Thanks for that!
Anybody got a nice engine for next season for me?

I will probably need something like 200/200/150+/~200. The lighter the better, of course.

@herki: Thx for your engine. It was pretty nice actually and reasonably priced, but most teams in my league had something better -- or lighter at least , so I sucked. I think it's because many teams get good deals on almost perfect engines through their club. It seems to make competition more fierce.
Quote from Linsen :Anybody got a nice engine for next season for me?

I will probably need something like 200/200/150+/~200. The lighter the better, of course.

@herki: Thx for your engine. It was pretty nice actually and reasonably priced, but most teams in my league had something better -- or lighter at least , so I sucked. I think it's because many teams get good deals on almost perfect engines through their club. It seems to make competition more fierce.

Wait till tonight's race, you can get a 200/200/16x/200 for just above production cost then - unless someone else grabs it before you

Your engine is pretty crap for your div. get a 200 all stats engine.
Im in div 17 i have 200 all stats engine(although im using maclaren chasis).
Im 5th right now but that was due to poor pit strategy i finally got everything right and i got a podium in the last two races with the last race a 2nd and 3rd(still waiting for the win!).

If you have 3.2m (or thereabouts) per race then I can give you a 200 engine. Unfortunately, I'm trying to get into Div1 and start winning again, so I can't make it for a loss. However, you'll have to wait until the end of the season.

This time the contracts are cancelled at my end, so no one can jump in before I password them, so I can guarantee the engine for you. And being 200 all round, the price won't change, and it won't be superseded, so you can keep renewing it for ever
Will u just look at division 42? Im totally owning it!! Thanks to R4R's engine. Who're u anyway? (on LFS)
Thx for the answers and offers, guys.

Seems I really have to go for a 200 all around then. And 3.2 million is a very reasonable price. So, I'll gladly take yours, tristan (sorry, herki). Will you let me know the password via pm as soon as the season is over?

Thx,

Linsen

Edit: Anybody else got the impression that the introduction of clubs raised the overall level of competition, or has it always been like this once you got to a certain division?
Quote from tristancliffe :If you have 3.2m (or thereabouts) per race then I can give you a 200 engine. Unfortunately, I'm trying to get into Div1 and start winning again, so I can't make it for a loss. However, you'll have to wait until the end of the season.

This time the contracts are cancelled at my end, so no one can jump in before I password them, so I can guarantee the engine for you. And being 200 all round, the price won't change, and it won't be superseded, so you can keep renewing it for ever

Make sure you always have passwords on your engines becuase alot of people lately have been buying the engines and not racing, meaning you get no money..

btw. what kind of stats are your chassis at?
I don't have that problem yet. My engines are on the open market, and I'm quite happy to stick with that.

Chassis stats at 200/200/100/100, but currently halfway through redeveloping them to 200/200/75/125 for more reliability (which means going back to my components when they were at ~71%, which is about a million seasons ago. Even with lots of testing I'm still struggling to get each one done in three races.
Quote from Alkanphel :Will u just look at division 42? Im totally owning it!! Thanks to R4R's engine. Who're u anyway? (on LFS)

That'll be me! Which engine is it your using, i might have a better one lying around! i Made sure i kept them cheap, only make about £50k on each engine.
Still convinced that a SOOPAH POWAHFULL engine is NOT totally necessary in the lower divisions..I am currently in Div 8 and just had a 1 - 2 running a 165/165/100/165 (own build, had it all season).
This was against teams obviously running 200's...Its not ALL in the engine specs..Chassis balance is primal..and for those that have pro accounts...invest in your pit crews..ALL my facilities are at 170% now, so although I only make about 12 mill profit per race, the balance is working out just fine
Anybody thinking that this is a blatant plug for my engines for next year ....
They are right!

(3 available..should be 170/170/100/170 by then at about 2mill each...could be 4 if there is enough interest to warrant upgrading engine facility to 5* )...

KTHXBAI
Quote from Bladerunner :Still convinced that a SOOPAH POWAHFULL engine is NOT totally necessary in the lower divisions

I think you were lucky. Much like me in last season, where I won every single race with a mediocre engine. But this season, I had a 200/200/100/200 engine, a chassis with 100% stability and specs of 65% in the beginning and 70 to 71% in the end, my technical departement started out at level 1 and is now at level 3. (However, for some reason, my pit stop times were no better than the last time on the same tracks where technical department was running at only 100%. Isn't that a little strange?*) Still, I qualified last most of the time and my best results were 4th and 5th through superior pit strategy. In current season standing I'm tied at 5th with another team and will probably end up in last place overall.

*To elaborate further on this point: Even with a tech dep. running at Level 3, my pit times are worse than those of other teams who can run at 120% maximum (and yes, that is when they are stopping on the same laps). Strange, huh? Anybody know why this could be the case?
Quote from Linsen :
*To elaborate further on this point: Even with a tech dep. running at Level 3, my pit times are worse than those of other teams who can run at 120% maximum (and yes, that is when they are stopping on the same laps). Strange, huh? Anybody know why this could be the case?

How 'good' are your pit crew? IF you have a TOP tech guy, and loads of guys in the 'team' (250 - level 5 HQ etc..) THEN your pit times will come down
Quote from Bladerunner :How 'good' are your pit crew? IF you have a TOP tech guy, and loads of guys in the 'team' (250 - level 5 HQ etc..) THEN your pit times will come down

Well, my tech department is 5* with 250 assistants. My tech-manager however was Patrick Head. I'm changing to Pat Symmonds for next season, but does this really make that much of a difference?
Quote from Linsen :Well, my tech department is 5* with 250 assistants. My tech-manager however was Patrick Head. I'm changing to Pat Symmonds for next season, but does this really make that much of a difference?

maybe only a few seconds, but then isnt it better to WIN by 1 second than come SECOND by 1 second?
Quote from Bladerunner :maybe only a few seconds, but then isnt it better to WIN by 1 second than come SECOND by 1 second?

"Only a few seconds" would probably have meant a couple of more 8th places this season and thus 5th place in constructors championship rather than 6th and last. So, yes, it would have been worth it.

8th division - My drivers aren't really any good so I will probably get owned seriously. I even had to hire Fisichella for my 2nd driver

I just need to sort my sponsors, makes no sense to keep 5-star sponsor in 2-star slots...

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG