The online racing simulator
Quote from mcintyrej :I can do a super pee in 10 seconds.

Whats your computer specs?

10S? the best record is a 5.5Ghz QX6700...and that was 9.2--- seconds for 1M, and it is super pi, not super pee lol
I can do SuperPi in less than a second - you never said how many digits...

FTR Harjun, the record is 8.7 something with an LN2 cooled Penryn.
Quote from Jakg :I can do SuperPi in less than a second - you never said how many digits...

FTR Harjun, the record is 8.7 something with an LN2 cooled Penryn.

oh, last time you said it was a 5.5Ghz something or the other, but i thought the penryns were not out yet? coming out on the 12th November i've heard
Intel did a little publicity stunt and invited a 1337 overclocker (Fugger from XS iirc) to bring his own LN2 kit (For the non 1337-OC'ers, that's Liquid Nitrogen, and you'll see CPU's loading at less that -50° C) to do a little demonstration at an Intel conference - he took 3 Penryn CPU's (Engineering Samples, probably hand picked for their overclockability i might add) and killed 2 during the process, but set new SuperPi, 3DMark 06 and 3DMark 05 Records.

They might not be out yet, but several have made their way onto the "Black Market" - ie theres a fellow at Overclock.net (Cyberdruid) who's got one.

EDIT - If you ever want to take SuperPi seriously, this guide is worth a look - although if your going to do that i recommend you also use an nLite'd copy of XP, as doing that cut 0.5 seconds of my SuperPi time straight away.
Quote from Jakg :Intel did a little publicity stunt and invited a 1337 overclocker (Fugger from XS iirc) to bring his own LN2 kit (For the non 1337-OC'ers, that's Liquid Nitrogen, and you'll see CPU's loading at less that -50° C) to do a little demonstration at an Intel conference - he took 3 Penryn CPU's (Engineering Samples, probably hand picked for their overclockability i might add) and killed 2 during the process, but set new SuperPi, 3DMark 06 and 3DMark 05 Records.

They might not be out yet, but several have made their way onto the "Black Market" - ie theres a fellow at Overclock.net (Cyberdruid) who's got one.

EDIT - If you ever want to take SuperPi seriously, this guide is worth a look - although if your going to do that i recommend you also use an nLite'd copy of XP, as doing that cut 0.5 seconds of my SuperPi time straight away.

i know cyberdruid do you think the Q6600s will be a lot cheaper when those penryns come out, because i might pick one of those up
Finally a new machine
Processor: Intel C2Q 6600 @ 3GHz (stock voltages and cooler)
Videocard: XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB stock
Memory: OCZ 2 GB (2x1 GB)
HDD: Seagate 320 GB x 2
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 (DQ6 isn't avaible anymore here)
PSU: OCZ 600W
Speakers: Logitech 5.1
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Extreme Music
Monitor:
20" Samsung Widescreen at 1680x1050
Case: Gigabyte 3D AURORA
Wheel: Logitech DFP
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech G11/G3

Super Pi 1m: 38 sec. I blame it on Vista and not optimized voltages
Quote from BlackEye :Super Pi 1m: 38 sec. I blame it on Vista and not optimized voltages

Voltages won't make a difference, that's plain screwed.

19 seconds at 2.8 GHz running Vista without even closing any apps running :X
ugh...

Then I shall look deeper into the problem, thanks
Upgraded videocard: Sapphire Toxic X1950XTX (got it for 220€, what a bargain!).
Finally got round to getting some better parts, mainly spurred on by my Sempron of doom kicking the bucket. Anyway, here goes:
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4200+
RAM: 2GB <insert random brand here> DDR400
Motherboard: Abit UL8 (I know, crappy ULi chipset, blah :P)
Everything else hardware-based is the same as my older system, except the fact I'm using a DFP now
OS(es): XP Pro/Vista Business/Arch Linux
Inter Core 2 Duo E2180
BFG 8800GTS 620mb Oc2
Asus P5K Motherboard
Seagate 250Gb 7,200rpm Harddrive
22" Widescreen crystalbrite monitor
OCZ 2x1Gb RAM

Best...
mines better

plus you've still got the wrong graphics card listed, yours is the oc not the oc2
Quote from andybarsblade :mines better

plus you've still got the wrong graphics card listed, yours is the oc not the oc2

[EDIT] Reply removed
Sorry mate, you just replyed... So now its your duty to pick it apart.
Yayay, after being without a PC capable of doing anything but surf the web for the last month, I finally got enough cash together to upgrade me poor broken gaming rig... I got an;

Athlon 64 X2 4400
Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB
2GB 800mhz DDR 2 RAM

Plus other assorted stuff, like a new PSU and a new HD drive...

Whoo! I seriously sat for about half an hour trying to decide whether to press that 'BUY' button, but at the end of the day I've worked my arse off for the last month and every penny is mine! So long as I can still pay the rent it's worth it. Who needs food anyway?

It's been a long time since I built a PC though, it's going to be scary!
my pc:
tybotech atrix case
320gig maxtor sata2 hdd
lite on 20x dvd/cd lightscribe burner
powerx 550watt psu(getting new 1)
gigabyte p35 ds3p^mobo
intel core 2 duo E6850
4x 1gig ddr2 6400 patriot ram memory
waiting to arrive:
sapphire HD2900pro
and after i get gfx card:
benq 24" hd monitor(widescreen) forgot model
soon:
logitech g15
logitech g3 or so(mx518 not deliverable or so anymore)
I've been LOOKING into saving for something around $1,300...I know the 45nm chips are around the corner, but no need for me...
Antec Sonata III Case (2x120mm fan, 500watt psu with dual rails) $130
Gigabyte P35-DS3L $105
Intel E6550 (4mb L2 Cache, 1333mhz fsb, 7x multi) $185
OCZ Vindicator heatsink (120mm fan, 6 heatpipes) $40
2x1024MB DDR2 800mhz RAM (Haven't decided on specific brand yet) $90
Seagate Barracuda 250GB HD (16MB Cache, 8.5ms seek) $75
ATi 2900Pro HD (Might swap it for a 8800GT if they are good when they come out) $300
BenQ FP202W V3 (20" LCD, 1680x1050, 5ms response) $220

I'm still shopping around, and of course don't have the cash together. Some parts will probably change as the months go by, and if I'm lucky I'll have the PC by the start of summer, maybe the fall.
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :I've been LOOKING into saving for something around $1,300...I know the 45nm chips are around the corner, but no need for me...
Antec Sonata III Case (2x120mm fan, 500watt psu with dual rails) $130
Gigabyte P35-DS3L $105
Intel E6550 (4mb L2 Cache, 1333mhz fsb, 7x multi) $185
OCZ Vindicator heatsink (120mm fan, 6 heatpipes) $40
2x1024MB DDR2 800mhz RAM (Haven't decided on specific brand yet) $90
Seagate Barracuda 250GB HD (16MB Cache, 8.5ms seek) $75
ATi 2900Pro HD (Might swap it for a 8800GT if they are good when they come out) $300
BenQ FP202W V3 (20" LCD, 1680x1050, 5ms response) $220

I'm still shopping around, and of course don't have the cash together. Some parts will probably change as the months go by, and if I'm lucky I'll have the PC by the start of summer, maybe the fall.
~Bryan~

Get either some Crucial Ballistix or some OCZ RAM, good quality stuff.
Not sure what the situation between Canada and NewEgg is, but atm you can pick up Ballistix from NewEgg for £24 (S2 license price) after mail-in rebate, and that's for 2 GB (i paid £35 per GB stick for mine )

I would recommend a Tuniq Tower and an 8800GT over what you got.
yep which PSU aswell? recommend a Corsair 520W Modular
The Antec case comes with a quality 500watt PSU (Two 12v rails at 17amps, 85% efficiency)

As for the RAM, theres OCZ Special Ops, and Gold XTC kits going for $85.

Of course that was just a 'wish-list' I'm sure half that stuff will be chucked by the time I actually get a new PC. I've got a $150 head start, so I guess I'm getting there. But once I get my license all my cash will be going towards the car
~Bryan~
Two 12V rails isn't really that good. Most people agree than one rail actually makes more sense. If you have two rails, and you put, say, your graphics cards on one rail and the rest of the PC on the other, then you're overloading one rail, when the other one has extra juice that it could supply to the GPUs.
erm.... my pc... as it came:

2GB Ram
200Gb HDD
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT
Core 2 Duo T7300
A Keyboard!

I just read it off the stickers on the front

I'm a bit short of stuff on the old steering wheel side of things but I dont care

Thats it down there:

http://vaio.sony.co.uk/view/Sh ... amp;category=VN+FZ+Series
Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2GHZ
1GB 533MHZ DDR2 (about to add another gig to it)
Geforce 6100 256MB(about to get a 8600GTS 512MB Superclocked- PCI-E).

Then umm.... install this copy of Test Drive Unlimited.

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG