The online racing simulator
Quote from DeKo :hamiltons move on barrichello was nothing short of extremely brave, the only reason they both survived is barrichello spotted it and is a very experienced driver. most other people would have just sat there.

That;s EXACTLY the type of driving I PROMOTE. Brave moves, with intelligent drivers!
Quote from Intrepid :It does work. From my experience just in karting, cooling fuel in a fridge, and protecting the fuel tank from heat does make a difference. Small... but in karting we are only playin with 35hp.

Thats why the rule is there

Very interesting. Thanks
from some random website about fuel storage for drag racers

Quote :Keep your fuel in the metal pails that VP fuels are distributed in for the longest fuel life and freshness. Store your fuel in a cool, dry, consistent temperature and humidity. If at all possible, keep your fuel OUT of the direct sunlight. Keep your container sealed up at all times. And for maximum power, keep your fuel cool. Drag racers are known to refrigerate their fuel. Remember, cold fuel provides more power than hot fuel.

Quote from Intrepid :That;s EXACTLY the type of driving I PROMOTE. Brave moves, with intelligent drivers!

incredibly stupid moves. Obviously its fine in karting, you dont get a tow or anything and its the onyl way to overtake. but with multi million pound cars with championships on the line its incredibly daft.
Quote from Intrepid :That;s EXACTLY the type of driving I PROMOTE. Brave moves, with intelligent drivers!

What! Gun ho, idiotic, overtaking maneuvers in the vain hope the guy upfront spots you and gets out of the way in time to avoid collision, therefore compromising his race.

As far as I understood it, it is always the overtake-es responsibility to avoid contact, not the other way around.
Intrepid, if you won say.. national karting championship the same way kimi won the WDC.. Do you think it would be fair for whoever to say to you..

"You won the championship fair and square.. but because those 3 men over there *points* cheated, you don't win the championship, too bad. Next time, make sure everyone isn't cheating!"

And your gonna say, "Ok sure, take my title away, YAY! " ?? I dont think so, it would be HIGHLY unfair for you. YOU did nothing wrong.
Yyaayy!! Kimi won! It only took like 7 seasons? or how many seasons he tried before he finally won. I kinda feel bad for hamilton; He had the championship in his hands and he fumbled in the last step. Well, better luck next season with those transmissions
Interested to hear speculation about a reset/diagnostic command sent to Hamilton's engine/gearbox during the race, not from the McLaren garage. That could be an interesting out-of-season discussion on team security.
Quote from SamH :Interested to hear speculation about a reset/diagnostic command sent to Hamilton's engine/gearbox during the race, not from the McLaren garage. That could be an interesting out-of-season discussion on team security.

Now that is a conspiracy theory!

Maybe it was Intrepid,trying to stall Alonso,but he tuned into Hamliton's frequency(1,1 Jiggawats) instead off Alonso's(1,2 Jiggawats) and stalled him because the car didn't reach 88 miles per hour and therefore stalled him! That would explain all of his posts in this thread. Hmmm...
Quote from SamH :Interested to hear speculation about a reset/diagnostic command sent to Hamilton's engine/gearbox during the race, not from the McLaren garage. That could be an interesting out-of-season discussion on team security.

what? Where did you hear that?
Quote from ultrataco :what? Where did you hear that?

I'm sure it's pure speculation! I mean.. nobody would actually DO that, would they? Who in the world could gain from doing such a thing to Hamilton's car?? It's just silly speculation, I'm sure!
Quote from SamH :I'm sure it's pure speculation! I mean.. nobody would actually DO that, would they? Who in the world could gain from doing such a thing to Hamilton's car?? It's just silly speculation, I'm sure!

if LH won the championship, it'd be perfect for Bernie's wallet~

but anyway, there're always extremely silly speculation...
Quote from SamH :I'm sure it's pure speculation! I mean.. nobody would actually DO that, would they? Who in the world could gain from doing such a thing to Hamilton's car?? It's just silly speculation, I'm sure!

did you just make that up or did someone actually claim that?

There's nothing about it on Formula1.com...
Quote from ultrataco :did you just make that up or did someone actually claim that?

the official website is the last place u can expect to read such speculation through~
Quote from ultrataco :did you just make that up or did someone actually claim that?

I don't have anything to gain by making up stuff Someone, somewhere, must have claimed it

[edit] or if not claimed it, at least posed it as a question worth asking
Quote from SamH :I don't have anything to gain by making up stuff Someone, somewhere, must have claimed it

In this case, more than a question worth asking, I'd like to have answers, and lots of them. But without any data to back up such hypothesis (or information about the reliability of the source) I'll consider this a conspiracy theory.
Quote from SamH :I don't have anything to gain by making up stuff Someone, somewhere, must have claimed it

Quote from aoun :
"You won the championship fair and square.. but because those 3 men over there *points* cheated, you don't win the championship, too bad. Next time, make sure everyone isn't cheating!"

Or how about "You just lost the WDC because you were beaten by 3 cheaters"

As harsh as it is on Kimi that should be irrelevant, I really hate how the FIA just makes up penalties based entirely on who else it will affect. In my view the punishment for a technical infringement should be a disqualification no questions asked and for lesser offences like ignoring the tire limit in practice a set penalty such as a 10 place grid drop should be enforced.
Quote from ajp71 :Or how about "You just lost the WDC because you were beaten by 3 cheaters"

and none of them racing in a McFerrari, scandalous!
Just to note: if McLaren had kept their points and points from the last rounds were added up, Ferrari would still have won the constructors' championship.
Quote from SamH :Interested to hear speculation about a reset/diagnostic command sent to Hamilton's engine/gearbox during the race, not from the McLaren garage.

I thought they couldn't control the electronics from the pit lane any more? IIRC they had one season where it was legal and McLaren used it to keep Coulthard's engine from chewing itself to bits at Monaco, and then they banned it again for the following year.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I thought they couldn't control the electronics from the pit lane any more? IIRC they had one season where it was legal and McLaren used it to keep Coulthard's engine from chewing itself to bits at Monaco, and then they banned it again for the following year.

Indeed, I thought it was now one-way. The cars can send telemetry, but shouldn't be able to receive anything except car/pit radio.
McLaren's appeal is a joke. It seems clear now that the FIA have absolutely no way of policing article 6.5.5 so to punish BMW or Williams would be impossible.

In any case, the FIA have pushed themselves into a corner with their ridiculous judgements that if you break the rules but don't gain advantage then you don't deserve punishment. Even if the temperatures of the fuel reported were true, there's no way that would have given them 'significant advantage', therefore the FIA shouldn't punish them, according to their absurd precedents.

I was hoping that Ron Dennis would take it like a man and move on, but apparently not. Having said that, I shouldn't discount the possibility that the appeal was demanded by Mercedes or the sponsors.
Quote from Intrepid :well he still beat Alonso in the same car lol can't be that bad!

As far as I know they have equal number of points and victories

Come on, accept it. It's not like McLaren can be tricky with the rules this year. McLaren should even be thankful that it was allowed to keep driver points, and not being excluded next year.
Quote from Eldanor :As far as I know they have equal number of points and victories

Come off it! Hamilton is classified above Alonso because he has more second place finishes. Alonso was my favourite going into this season, but there's no denying the fact that he's been beaten by Hamilton.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG