The online racing simulator
Drifting Formula-cars
(146 posts, started )
Ooops sorry about that post I made, theres me thinking I was taking the piss out of the up tight British reaction to something really cool, but I was actually taking the piss out of Americans for expressing themselfs and not being afraid to shout about their emotions. I guess I need to go to that comedy school we saw on the Borat film...NAAAAAT
Haahahah, My mother is NAAAT funny.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's all about letting it flow, even when some American's seem geniunly not bothered about this kind of humour towards them, you just know they hate it.

Says the man whose country declared independence in 1991 and whose parliament gave their president lifetime power.
I think you'll find Blueflame is in England. I think you'll also find it's a second account for someone who was already an LFS Forum regular.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think you'll also find it's a second account for someone who was already an LFS Forum regular.

I doubt it because when he first tried to race online with it he was hopelessly slow and out of control
Quote from ajp71 :I doubt it because when he first tried to race online with it he was hopelessly slow and out of control

Surely that proves his point though
Exactly!

Someone with an extra account with 1000+ posts surely never plays online! I mean, where could he find the time between replying, posting, editing and more posting...
Quote from ajp71 :I doubt it because when he first tried to race online with it he was hopelessly slow and out of control

True
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Surely that proves his point though

hahaha

I think it's funny you think I am someone's Second account Tristan
Quote from BlueFlame :I think it's funny you think I am someone's Second account Tristan

I think it's funny how you avoided my attack on your country without even supplying a defense. Probably because you know its true.
Quote from ans7812 :I think it's funny how you avoided my attack on your country without even supplying a defense. Probably because you know its true.

Oh dear someone's had a sense of humour failure.

and hasn't seen Borat
Quote from ajp71 :Oh dear someone's had a sense of humour failure.

and hasn't seen Borat

Oh dear that person is American.
Wow...I came to this thread to read up on drifting the Formula cars, then I run into this. Get over eachother, can't we all be friends? Why don't you all just move to Canada, and we can live in peace
(Just kidding, I love Europe. Let's please just get this back on topic)
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Wow...I came to this thread to read up on drifting the Formula cars, then I run into this. Get over eachother, can't we all be friends? Why don't you all just move to Canada, and we can live in peace
(Just kidding, I love Europe. Let's please just get this back on topic)
~Bryan~

Canada and Holland FTW! The one and only lands of the free!

The rest gets a hug from me though, and a bag of weed to be consumed within Dutch/Canadian borders.
I've always wanted to visit Holland, is the weed good? Or would I have to bring my own?
/checks thread title
On topic: There is alot of misconception between 'sliding' and 'drifting' I think the biggest difference is the intention. If you throw your Scooby sideways for example, you're drifting. But if your like tristancliffe, going for a hairpin a little hot, and having the back end come out on you, thats simply a slide, and was corrected quickly.
~Bryan~
There was a nice "drift" by Yamamoto in the Spyker during Q1.
Quote from BlueFlame :Honestly, man, You can't defend America. NOBODY can. America's values make it : America VS rest.of.world
Too many people from around the world think America/Americans are retarded, the people that DO go to America, are diluded by watching American movies as American movies are far from the truth ,

I think this all partly stems from the fact Americans (not red-indians) don't have any culture, America dates back to the 1700's i believe, and then before that, it just all gets a bit too vague. That's fine, your just all finding your feet.... Whilst still trying to control other countries, and juggling your T.V. Schedule. I think the Majority of American's don't understand most jokes Europeans and British people tell because we don't care about our country getting battered with verbal abuse. I don't understand why the country that gets the most Verbal abuse in the world, hasn't become tolerant to it. Maybe they just can't accept things as the way they are. And there are these little niggles, these little details, that pretty much ALL Americans, don't know SHIT about. There is a video of Austrailians going to America and telling lies and the American's just believe it. And you thought Bush's election was rigged? No, they voted him in themselves.
but Seriously tho, get back on topic.

Blue, are you stealing my lines and controversial reputation? LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL

Anyone who thinks that America is fulled with rednecks does not know a thing about America. Saying NASCAR is filled with rednecks and saying that the entire nation of American is filled with rednecks is two totally different statements.

A good majority of NASCAR drivers may be rednecks (something that's starting to change but that's besides the point), but a good majority of Americans ARE NOT REDNECKS. Quite far actually, especially if you include Hawaii and Alaska. While the deep south is a heavy basis for many American stereotypes. It is hardly a representation of the entire US.

American society is completely different from European society and there's a complicated and very subtle reason to that. Both are comparable, but without knowledge of both societies' history and psychology, then it is impossible to correctly and objectively judge each society without some personal bias. American ignorance stems from a failure in within the mentality of western education. While western education has done wonders in various parts, it has contributed greatly to American ignorance.

(Take college psychology and advance placement American Government then u'll understand why)

I'll just leave it at that. It is not something I wish to go in further, for the subject has cause me great pain in the past (these subjects take forever to analyze)

Quote from (SaM) :On the contrary, I find people that don't get the humor in something quite amusing. And I'm not talking about all Americans as every one of them is different than the other, though from a distance it's easy to generalize, just as they do to us. Just like all Asians look alike.
Well, they do actually, but that's besides the point.

And all you white people from look alike to us

Seriously they really do, from Americans to Russians but that's besides the point
Quote from Mattesa :There was a nice "drift" by Yamamoto in the Spyker during Q1.

Makes me wonder why Yamamoto is in F1 to begin with. He's "unofficially" gone off every track in each practice session.
maybe november should be "drift a formula car" avatar month.
Quote from dropin_biking :On topic: There is alot of misconception between 'sliding' and 'drifting' I think the biggest difference is the intention. If you throw your Scooby sideways for example, you're drifting. But if your like tristancliffe, going for a hairpin a little hot, and having the back end come out on you, thats simply a slide, and was corrected quickly.
~Bryan~

Though the intention of the thread never was to claim Tristan was drifting his Reynard, just making a bit fun over him going sideways - a lot of people seem to not have understood that and flamewars here we come
Quote from herki :Though the intention of the thread never was to claim Tristan was drifting his Reynard, just making a bit fun over him going sideways - a lot of people seem to not have understood that and flamewars here we come

Yes, I noticed that too. Some people (most of which have posted here in the last week) have had serious sense of humour failures... Oh well, at least some of us can enjoy the comedy.
I was going to post my joke about the Englishman, Irishman, Scotsman, Muslim, South African, Iranian, Iraqi and American who walked into airport security wearing rucksacks...but on the evidence of this thread I fear that may not be wise.

If you do wish to hear the joke please call this number 0800 IWANTTOHEARIT, calls are charged at £1,000,000 for a standard BT line, charges may vary with other providers. All calls made after 27pm midnightday will result in your phone exploding. Texts cost twice the amount of 20 oranges minus 3 apples travelling at 80mph to London from Southampton towards a turnip travelling at 5mph to Southampton from London, show workings out. Upon calling this number your soul will be legally owned by the devil, if you wish to stop recieving pitch forks please text 'Fork off' to 666 666 6. All entries will be picked out at random, burned, and the joke will be heard by whoever walks past the office while the buring is taking place.
I do pity the USA, not because it is a bad country as such... but really... they don't have anything to be proud about.. Their country has no history worth remembering, as it makes the country look even worse, if you DO remember it. I think it is sad, American people don't know what it is like, to walk around Cities to see Roman walls, and think that the Roman's used to walk around here... To see WW2 plane wrecks stuck in forests, and Sunken Galleons and to go to a Scottish island that was once owned by the Norse Vikings... That's why I pity them. There's no depth to the country. Other-than the stereotype that is reflected today.. European countries have had years and years to gain social status I guess and I suppose America is still in the Acceptance phase.
#98 - Jakg
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :If you do wish to hear the joke please call this number 0800 IWANTTOHEARIT, calls are charged at £1,000,000 for a standard BT line, charges may vary with other providers. All calls made after 27pm midnightday will result in your phone exploding. Texts cost twice the amount of 20 oranges minus 3 apples travelling at 80mph to London from Southampton towards a turnip travelling at 5mph to Southampton from London, show workings out. Upon calling this number your soul will be legally owned by the devil, if you wish to stop recieving pitch forks please text 'Fork off' to 666 666 6. All entries will be picked out at random, burned, and the joke will be heard by whoever walks past the office while the buring is taking place.

ROFL.

If i sigged quotes, that would be in there!
Quote from BlueFlame :I do pity the USA, not because it is a bad country as such... but really... they don't have anything to be proud about.. Their country has no history worth remembering, as it makes the country look even worse, if you DO remember it. I think it is sad, American people don't know what it is like, to walk around Cities to see Roman walls, and think that the Roman's used to walk around here... To see WW2 plane wrecks stuck in forests, and Sunken Galleons and to go to a Scottish island that was once owned by the Norse Vikings... That's why I pity them. There's no depth to the country. Other-than the stereotype that is reflected today.. European countries have had years and years to gain social status I guess and I suppose America is still in the Acceptance phase.

Yes what America really needs is a few thousand years of murder, war, extermination, invasion, econmic collapse, poverty, disease and hatred. Then they can be proud of their country.
Quote from BlueFlame :I do pity the USA, not because it is a bad country as such... but really... they don't have anything to be proud about.

Well.. they beat the british to gain independance, like a few countries, so mayb e they should be proud of that?
Or do they even know that?

Drifting Formula-cars
(146 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG