The online racing simulator
Drifting Formula-cars
(146 posts, started )
Yes, Zeug it's true, because people think Ignorance is a bad thing. You have a happier life when your ignorant. That's why American's still live in America
This Thread != Going Somewhere.
Conclusion of this thread:
- Tristan is a dorfito master
- Apparently many Americans don't understand sarcasm
Quote from AndroidXP :Conclusion of this thread:

Problem is, with this so called sarcasm, when it is constantly nearly in every thread now, by nearly the same people all the time, it is no longer sarcasm.

I've read earlier discussion on how Americans can't laugh at themselves and other countries do have the humor to laugh at themselves. The constant flaming of Americans and America from others in other countries is not the inability for Americans to laugh at themselves and the stereotype. The constant flaming of Americans and America is simply flaming.

I don't go on and on in every thread I respond to about how the British are nothing but egotistical arrogant ass's just like the stereotype of the British is. Though, there are some here that make the arrogant British stereotype look mild in comparison.

- BlueFlame drives threads off topic

Quote from mrodgers :Problem is, with this so called sarcasm, when it is constantly nearly in every thread now, by nearly the same people all the time, it is no longer sarcasm.

I kinda get his point. Sure, some people here - not only Americans - don't get sarcasm well, but at some moment all those comments seem only harassing. I'm sure anybody here would get annoyed if every second thread contained <stereotype about his country>.
LOL... The only thing this thread is missing is a boozed up female, screeching "Leave it Gaz, it ain't worf it!"...
Quote from herki :not [/B]only Americans - don't get sarcasm well, but at some moment all those comments seem only harassing. I'm sure anybody here would get annoyed if every second thread contained <stereotype about his country>.

A good example in the off-topic section:

Bob Smith: Health and safety makes the workplace boring.

Me (of course, note the smiley): So true (called OSHA here, Occupational Safety and Health Association, they love their acronyms...). The other day I needed to do some work really high up on one of my pieces of equipment. All of our normal platform lifts were being used, so I threw a pallet with a ladder on it on a forktruck, then lifted that forktruck with one of our bigger forktrucks and was going to climb up there to work. The supervisor seemed to like my idea so well, he let me take some time off of work. He said something in the range of, "Good thing OSHA isn't here to see that!" I think I got the vacation days off because I was able to then do the work needed before any of the safety people saw me.....

Bob again: A ladder on a palette on a forklift... on a forklift? You crazy man!

Shotglass: dont you have kids mate ? good god

Me again: I don't see smileys.... I certainly hope you noticed the smiley in my post ........ Blah blah safety program blah... I tried to find the picture for my post up there, but I must have deleted the email a long time ago.

Kester: *Sorry* ARE YOU RETARTED???? mate in australia if you'r supervisor saw that you would have to move country just to get another job! i drive a forklift ,and if you go through a door way without honking you can get fired! i forgot to do it once and got a grilling of a lifetime! geez somepoeple are stupid!

I figured Shotglass and Bob got the sarcasm. It's obvious the last one didn't....
I was just at Laguna Seca this last weekend, and they always run the Star Mazda series before the big ALMS race there. Star Mazda are small open wheelers bit a decent amount of power and speed.... always fun to watch.

At the end of the race, several top finishers just had a little fun at Turn 2 (the hairpin) and were actually drifting or 'power-sliding' through the hairpin. Was pretty cool, because they could hold it fairly well.... but it ends quickly because the car either regains traction quickly, or they need to stop because it will slide sideways like Montoya.

It's very possible to power-slide, no doubt, but probably impossible to just do proper drifts by throwing the car around and causing the slide.

I'm suprised that didn't include me but :
Quote from herki :- BlueFlame drives threads off topic

- if I drive threads off topic then I wouldn't be entered in a conclusion of the thread would I? Well, maybe the conclusion of the thread actually, but rather not in a conclusion of the thread's subject. That's what I said... yes, said it RIGHT from the start..
Heh heh, nice memory Shot!
Quote from BlueFlame :Yes, Zeug it's true, because people think Ignorance is a bad thing. You have a happier life when your ignorant. That's why American's still live in America

So lets take a look at what you just said.
1. Americans are ignorant
2. Ignorant people live happier lives
3. Americans live in America
Conclusion= Americans live happier lives and since all Americans are ignorant and live in America, America is a happier place .
Quote from ans7812 :So lets take a look at what you just said.
Conclusion= Americans live happier lives and since all Americans are ignorant and live in America, America is a happier place .

Ignorant people DO live happier lives, because they are ignorant of their own self-pity. So I guess that means not all American's ARE ignorant, meaning the country isn't a happier place to live.
[sarcasm]Great, a US vs. Europe discussion! Let's hear more American stereotypes! Go ahead, make more of 'em! I was born in Cambodia anyway![/joke]
(you fail at sarcasm)
Ah, the joys of typing too fast.
Quote from BlueFlame :Ignorant people DO live happier lives, because they are ignorant of their own self-pity. So I guess that means not all American's ARE ignorant, meaning the country isn't a happier place to live.

gg Mr. Kazakhstan
Quote from Tweaker :gg Mr. Kazakhstan

lol. Whatever he said made no sense anyway.

In an attempt to keep the topic from being deleted, I would like to hear from some Canadians. I've always thought of Canada as a nice peaceful country and am planning a vacation there for the summer. Can anyone from Canada give me ideas of a place to stay or places that are more touristy than others? I'm not looking to go crazy, only to enjoy my 5 days there

If it helps, I am going with three of my friends and we plan to take Amtrak there (from New York) to make it more adventure like heh. We plan to stay for 5-7 days so British Colombia might be ruled out of the question (i think the Amtrak ride there is 2 or 3 days on the train).

Drifting Formula-cars
(146 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG