The online racing simulator
Drifting Formula-cars
(146 posts, started )
Now who'd expect that happening?
Nice save, but the reaction of the people filming was funnier. If that had happened in America you can bet you would hear 'YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOOO DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM BOY CAN DRIFT YO WAAAAAAA!' rather than..."oooh god, ooooh gosh"
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Nice save, but the reaction of the people filming was funnier. If that had happened in America you can bet you would hear 'YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOOO DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM BOY CAN DRIFT YO WAAAAAAA!' rather than..."oooh god, ooooh gosh"

Spot on brilliant observation.... not.
Ah... Snetterton! Went to see the BSB this year and stood in exactly that spot as someone dumped their bike and a tankful of fuel at the exit to the chicane. Spectacular.

BTW... Guess everyone must have seen the following trailer at some point, but just a reminder - enjoy the controlled slide round a hairpin at about 38 seconds in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZkA_MAK3Fc
Quote from (SaM) :

A sense of humor failure would require something humorous being posted...
Or a failure to realise that what was posted was humorous.

But being against America, I can see that you wouldn't see the funny side of it. Americans don't know how to take the piss out of themselves. Shame, because they'd be quite an amusing bunch of rednecks if they could... this might also be funny, but then, you wouldn't know
Quote from tristancliffe :Or a failure to realise that what was posted was humorous.

But being against America, I can see that you wouldn't see the funny side of it. Americans don't know how to take the piss out of themselves. Shame, because they'd be quite an amusing bunch of rednecks if they could... this might also be funny, but then, you wouldn't know

On the contrary, I find people that don't get the humor in something quite amusing. And I'm not talking about all Americans as every one of them is different than the other, though from a distance it's easy to generalize, just as they do to us. Just like all Asians look alike.
Well, they do actually, but that's besides the point.
Please please do yourself a favour and watch this
My cousin, who works for us, is a Morris Dancer (and a Molly Dancer, apparently). I've never seen him look so cross and hurt when I showed him that. It was BRILLIANT.
Quote from tristancliffe :Or a failure to realise that what was posted was humorous.

Oh, I understood the "funny side of it". It just fell completely flat. The inarticulate/redneck/ricer American stereotype has just been played out. On top of that the delivery was pretty poor.

To stereotype such a diverse and large populous of America as an "amusing bunch of rednecks" is laughable, but not really humorous. Are there rednecks, yes. Are all Americans rednecks, no. And as for "taking the piss out of themselves," I find Americans are quite able to do so, see the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.
Another stereotype proven then...
Quote from tristancliffe :Another stereotype proven then...

That being?

A poorly contrived/delievered America joke that failed to provide humor. Top notch.
Calling Americans a large bunch of rednecks. Stellar comedy...
And again, just confirming it... Stop digging?
Break it down for me, I'm a slow American.

I don't take myself too seriously, but when there's a stupid piss-poor attempt(s) at humor written I'm suddenly the stereotypical serious American.
I'll break it down.

It started with a tongue in cheek comment about how excitable a lot of American racing fans are. No harm was meant, and it wasn't a serious comment.

You then pop in to say how unfunny it was.

I then comment that there is a Stereotype about Americans not being able to laugh at Americans (not just at themselves, but at the nation as a whole), and whilst I was at it I threw in the redneck comment (which I know isn't true, but 99% of the time Americans take it seriously (which confirms said stereotype), and I can't avoid doing that sometimes).

You then came in saying how unfunny both comments were, thus proving that the stereotype about not being able to laugh at Americans had some truth in it.

You then missed it again, confirming my theoretical stereotype.

And now I've had to break it down to you. Which probably confirms another...

Happy now, or would you like me to confuse you with some irony too? Lighten up. Learn to find American excitability hilarious like the rest of the world does, and have a burger with fries...
The "Tounge-in-Cheek" comment was jumbled and poorly laid out. It had the potential for humor, it was just misguided.
Your redneck comment really had nothing funny, just dumb.

And sorry how my failure to see the humor or merit in any of the above goes against my American Excitability or for my American Seriousness...

If there was something witty, funny, or written half-way decently, I would have enjoyed it. Sadly, there wasn't.
Which is hilarious for Europeans to see, because it's confirming a stereotype that you can't, and probably never will, understand.
Quote from srdsprinter :Oh, I understood the "funny side of it". It just fell completely flat. The inarticulate/redneck/ricer American stereotype has just been played out. On top of that the delivery was pretty poor.

Honestly, man, You can't defend America. NOBODY can. America's values make it : America VS rest.of.world
Too many people from around the world think America/Americans are retarded, the people that DO go to America, are diluded by watching American movies as American movies are far from the truth ,

I think this all partly stems from the fact Americans (not red-indians) don't have any culture, America dates back to the 1700's i believe, and then before that, it just all gets a bit too vague. That's fine, your just all finding your feet.... Whilst still trying to control other countries, and juggling your T.V. Schedule. I think the Majority of American's don't understand most jokes Europeans and British people tell because we don't care about our country getting battered with verbal abuse. I don't understand why the country that gets the most Verbal abuse in the world, hasn't become tolerant to it. Maybe they just can't accept things as the way they are. And there are these little niggles, these little details, that pretty much ALL Americans, don't know SHIT about. There is a video of Austrailians going to America and telling lies and the American's just believe it. And you thought Bush's election was rigged? No, they voted him in themselves.
but Seriously tho, get back on topic.
...and once again Blueflame completely misses the point and makes himself look like a tit...
Quote from ajp71 :...and once again Blueflame completely misses the point and makes himself look like a tit...

And we were all trying to point out American's don't have a sense of humour.... Who's the tit now, BOOOYAAA..

Oh... It's still me is it....
Quote from tristancliffe :Which is hilarious for Europeans to see, because it's confirming a stereotype that you can't, and probably never will, understand.

considering the name of his team ... is there any american stereotyoe that he doesnt confirm ? i sure as hell cant think of one
Quote from BlueFlame :And we were all trying to point out American's don't have a sense of humour.... Who's the tit now, BOOOYAAA..

Oh... It's still me is it....

I have to admit, I giggled about that part
Quote from BlueFlame :There is a video of Austrailians going to America and telling lies and the American's just believe it.

What is your point? Everyone nation in the world has stereotypes that are unavoidable. Why do people bitch about getting their country made fun of? I know who I am. I don't need stereotypes to tell me that. I'm an American and I like burgers. Woopdeedoo
It's all about letting it flow, even when some American's seem geniunly not bothered about this kind of humour towards them, you just know they hate it.

Drifting Formula-cars
(146 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG