I go to
Speed tab
Font SPEED ->
it shows ff009900 @ Font Color textbox ->
Font Color [...] button ->
I change nothing, just close it with X or with cancel ->
Font color checkbox is changed to ff000000
==

Big thanks for bugreport. Will fix this tomorrow.
Hoping that you will release it soon! (digital fuel)

==
a suggestion:

When you make 2 needles for all gauges,
you could make a shadow needle which is a few pixels below the normal needle. This bottom shadow needle then is the same size, but then half transparant black. To make it look like shadow of the needle.

My F430 gaugeset has also a shadow part on the needle, but that does not look so realistic because it is always on one side off the needle.

screen-> http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=38324&d=1188335646

== (plz ask if you can not understand what I mean)

Good job and good luck!
Quote from liveforspeedskins.tk :

When you make 2 needles for all gauges,
you could make a shadow needle which is a few pixels below the normal needle. This bottom shadow needle then is the same size, but then half transparant black. To make it look like shadow of the needle.
Good job and good luck!

I know what you mean but it is complex to do. I don´t think I will be able to implement it soon.
Ok, here are two thinks which I want you to test.

The new AnaGauges Configurator with some new features and bugfixes.

AND the new d3d8.dll with the new features. Be sure to activate the new things in gauges.ini to see them. Fuel is a little more exact that it needed to.
But it´s for testing.

Please make a backup of your existing files.
Attached images
AnaGauges_config.jpg
Attached files
AnaGauges.zip - 312.2 KB - 1004 views
cant get it to work
working here, but i have a question:

how can i get the lights (fuelwarn, shift, pits, traction) and the "others" (split times, lap times, position, laps) working?

i mean, how can i see them ?

im driving via xfg/bl1 demo currently.. nothing of the above is seen there.. and yes, i have them activated via the ini file

can anybody give tipps please?
Quote from Stone in Focus :cant get it to work

Framework 2.0 installed ??

Quote from Montabur :working here, but i have a question:

how can i get the lights (fuelwarn, shift, pits, traction) and the "others" (split times, lap times, position, laps) working?

i mean, how can i see them ?

im driving via xfg/bl1 demo currently.. nothing of the above is seen there.. and yes, i have them activated via the ini file

can anybody give tipps please?

Do you have the graphic files in the gauges folder of the car ?
Do you have set all values for the fonts of splittimes and pos/lap ?
Quote from riskredruM :Framework 2.0 installed ??

Do you have the graphic files in the gauges folder of the car ?
Do you have set all values for the fonts of splittimes and pos/lap ?

i just downloaded your Analog Gauges zip File and didnt changed any settings... just via the Configurator i enabled those functions now.. the gauges are working well.. just i dont see splittimes, position, lap etc..

so which fonts you mean? and what should be the values for example? aint there any standard values already?
Quote from Montabur :i just downloaded your Analog Gauges zip File and didnt changed any settings... just via the Configurator i enabled those functions now.. the gauges are working well.. just i dont see splittimes, position, lap etc..

so which fonts you mean? and what should be the values for example? aint there any standard values already?

Here are 2 pics.
Is your shortcut like this ??
"C:\Spiele\LFS X\LFS.exe" /insim=29999
Attached images
configurator.jpg
InGame.jpg
Quote from riskredruM :Which App didn´t work. The Gauges itself or the configurator ??

The gauges work but the configurator doesnt seem to do anything.

ANd nothings appearing in the the preview screen in the top left hand corner no matter what setings i put in.
Quote from riskredruM :Here are 2 pics.
Is your shortcut like this ??
"C:\Spiele\LFS X\LFS.exe" /insim=29999

Hi, mal auf deutsch, dann ist es verständlicher:

natürlich hab ich den Shortcut so eingerichtet, wie gesagt, die Gauges funktionieren ja problemlos !

Also ich hab die Einstellungen aus Deinem Screenshot übernommen, sehe aber das auf Deinem 2. Screenshot abgebildete kleine Fenster oben links immer noch nicht.

Kannst Du evtl. bitte noch die Einstellungen vom Reiter "Timing" posten?

Auch dort ist bei mir alles auf "0" eingestellt bzw. überhaupt kein Wert vorhanden.

edit:

und noch eine Frage: brauche ich unbedingt die neue d3d8.dll ? Ich hatte sie testweise mal benutzt.. das Resultat war eine extrem erhöhte CPU-Auslastung in LFS und sogar ein Absturz. Alte .dll wieder verwendet = alles wieder normal

Wäre es nicht möglich, in den Configurator einen "Standard Settings" Button einzubauen, der sämtliche Einstellungen auf ein 'Mittelmaß' einstellt, mit denen in Grundzügen alle leben können?

Dann gäbe es bestimmt auch keine Probleme, wie ich sie gerade habe, dass zahllose Werte auf "0" stehen oder überhaupt keinen Wert enthalten.
Quote from Montabur :
und noch eine Frage: brauche ich unbedingt die neue d3d8.dll ? Ich hatte sie testweise mal benutzt.. das Resultat war eine extrem erhöhte CPU-Auslastung in LFS und sogar ein Absturz. Alte .dll wieder verwendet = alles wieder normal.

Ja natürlich brauchst du die
Mit der CPU Auslastung ist ein Problem. Ich versuche es immer noch zu optimieren, aber ich bin an gewisse Dinge gebunden. Mein Problem ist das mein Rechner sauschnell ist und ich eigentlich nicht merke wenn es viel Power braucht. Da bin ich auf euch angewiesen.
Quote from Montabur :
Wäre es nicht möglich, in den Configurator einen "Standard Settings" Button einzubauen, der sämtliche Einstellungen auf ein 'Mittelmaß' einstellt, mit denen in Grundzügen alle leben können?

Sorry, aber ich will da keine Einstellungen machen die auf alle Auflösungen passen. Ich code stundenlang, die Einstellungen überlasse ich euch.
English ?
@riskredruM: okay, thanks !

And could you please post a screenshot in the configurator of the "Timing" tab? So i have some standard settings
ok, screenshot not needed.. i got it to work now

the values of position and split times going completely wrong in a race.. if you spec a driver and it displays his sp1 times then it will change the value as soon as another driver pass sp1 to the next drivers sp1.. the values are going completely crazy then with weird split times etc etc

no idea whats wrong there
Quote from Montabur :ok, screenshot not needed.. i got it to work now

the values of position and split times going completely wrong in a race.. if you spec a driver and it displays his sp1 times then it will change the value as soon as another driver pass sp1 to the next drivers sp1.. the values are going completely crazy then with weird split times etc etc

no idea whats wrong there

Sh**. I thought I solved this. The splits that are displayed are the splits of the driver that is passing the line.
For any reason the tool forgetts who it is looking at. The problem is when I try to get the drivers list.
I try to solve this again.
Quote from riskredruM :Sh**. I thought I solved this. The splits that are displayed are the splits of the driver that is passing the line.

For any reason the tool forgetts who it is looking at. The problem is when I try to get the drivers list.

I try to solve this again.

okay, thanks
Very nice work guys. Looking great.

Okay, a gentleman asked me online to write up basically a How-To on installing this stuff.

Step 1 - Download the ZIP archive in redruM's first post.
Step 2 - Unzip the archive contents into your LFS folder.
Step 3 - Play the game.

If you have any issues, be sure you don't have an admin password on your "Host Online Game" section of your game. That one really threw me for a loop. Everything else should be self-explanatory.

Oh, also, be absolutely sure you've got your shortcut icon set up like so:

The InSim portion is necessary for the gauges to interface with LFS!

Also, here's an archive of gauges I'm currently working on, that you can load to use in LFS. They're rough designs, and most don't have indicator lights for fuel, upshift, or brake, but will eventually. Enjoy!

http://define-touge.net/upload/Gauges.rar
Also. Just tried the AnaGauges Configurator, I keep getting this error when I press "Stop Render":

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6892/errorug6.jpg

Nothing shows up on the top-right ... I'm assuming everything on my computer is up-to-date, I just freshly installed Framework 2.0 again, and still the same problem.

Don't let my GUI fool you, I'm running XP Home with WindowblindsXP.
Quote from Daviticus :Also. Just tried the AnaGauges Configurator, I keep getting this error when I press "Stop Render":

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6892/errorug6.jpg

Nothing shows up on the top-right ... I'm assuming everything on my computer is up-to-date, I just freshly installed Framework 2.0 again, and still the same problem.

Don't let my GUI fool you, I'm running XP Home with WindowblindsXP.

Will check it tomorrow ....
One thing I did notice on my machine also ...

... when using the updated d3d8.dll file, the game would run between 1 and 5 fps while using the gauges. Turning them off would render my usual 150-175 fps. I have since switched back to the older file, and it works perfectly.

Not sure if it's just my machine, or if others have had the same problem, but I thought I'd make it known.

Thanks.

Analog Gauges v 1.0
(211 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG