The online racing simulator
Don't buy Test Drive Unlimited
(55 posts, started )
They even say that the game can't be Uninstalled properly.

This is my opinion but i think that Eden games is lazy
Quote from Takumi_lfs :That what you said is illegal and very greedy.

How is it greedy? It's not like your stealing or something.
Quote from wheel4hummer :How is it greedy? It's not even stealing.

Oh come on guys. You know that Downloading Games are crime! unless they are freeware.

I mean the downloader is greedy, dont wanna buy the game.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :You know that Downloading Games are crime!

OK... your point? Do you follow laws simply because they are the law?
Quote from wheel4hummer :OK... your point? Do you follow laws simply because they are the law?

And you dont follow them?

Break them?

most of them are punishment if you break them. LAW is LAW follow them.
even with a high spec pc i wouldnt buy tdu... very acade like graphics with poor handling ( judging by the xbox and pc versions ive played )

if you need a good racing game , buy forza 2 for xbox 360 or use lfs
Quote from Takumi_lfs :LAW is LAW follow them.

Why? If it is worth taking the risk of punishment, what is wrong with breaking a law?
Quote from wheel4hummer :Why? If it is worth taking the risk of punishment, what is wrong with breaking a law?

join the TC servers and you will find out why.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :join the TC servers and you will find out why.

Why? I don't like to drive on cruise servers, so I could go on the TC server and wreck people, and curse at the admins. The only problem is that it might not be worth my time to do that.
whats wrong with the law? you make it seem like braking it is the best thing to do. if we all followed it, most of earth's troubles would be over.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :whats wrong with the law? you make it seem like braking it is the best thing to do. if we all followed it, most of earth's troubles would be over.

even when the law makes no god damn sense?
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :whats wrong with the law? you make it seem like braking it is the best thing to do. if we all followed it, most of earth's troubles would be over.

Where I live, it is actually illegal to masturbate. It is an old law against "sodomy" from the 19th century. So are you telling me that it would be best if we all followed it? What about gay marraige? It is illegal in many places. Are you saying that gay people should just not try to get married? You wouldn't want to be a homophobe like the evil republicans, do you?
Well, if you followed it (wanking law), it might explain why you're so negative.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, if you followed it (wanking law), it might explain why you're so negative.

lmfao!

@takumi, stop acting like a baby, just because you have had a bad TDU experience means your never gonna buy a commercial game again? Thats just stupid imo. I mean, today, i bought a exhaust system for my mini which upon fitting, i realised it was abit dodgy (crack on the center pipe). OMG IM NEVER GONNA BUY AN EXHAUST AGAIN!!! if the whole world was like that, we would all be screwed
OMG MI HOTDOG HAS NOT Katsup , GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

NOW I AM A VEGETARIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, no
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER
Quote from dude56 :Oh man, where do I start on this piece of crap.

First things first, the game hardly even WORKS. When I first bought it, it was unplayable because the graphics were totally glitched and screwed up. After the year it took them to fix THAT (which happens to ALL nvidia card users, good job testing, morons) the game is still broken. As soon as I go within 2 miles of another human player, the game basically freezes. And I can't even force quit.

Oh, and the physics are terrible. Nothing at all like a real car, it's just dumb. And I get constant framerate stuttering. Oh, and the publisher is so hard-working, they released 30 downloadable cars for the 360 version, and only 2 for the PC version. Because converting them is just SOO hard. Sure, it has pretty graphics. But if you want decent FPS, you need a $3000 computer (or you can turn all the settings to minimum, so the game looks terrible)

I wish I had bought it more recently, so I could get a refund for this crap, but I bought it in March, so it's too late now.

Advice: NEVER buy a game from Atari. NEVER. Every single game Atari has ever published is riddled with bugs to the point that it's unplayable, without exception.

get it for xbox 360 MUCH BETTER!
#42 - JTbo
As company releases beta with load of problems without any respect to it's customers, also when company does make a patch that makes actually things worse (and all that mess there was with leaked patch and handling of that issue), I would say that nobody should support company like that with their hard earned cash.
Quote from JTbo :As company releases beta with load of problems without any respect to it's customers, also when company does make a patch that makes actually things worse (and all that mess there was with leaked patch and handling of that issue), I would say that nobody should support company like that with their hard earned cash.

:iagree:

That, I feel is the main issue.
Anybody can release a bad, buggy game that is pushed out early to meet the hype. It takes a GOOD company to either:

a) Wait until its finished properly and sod the hype.
or
b) At least TRY to fix it as soon as possible afterwards.

The problem with Atari's handling of this is that they promised a lot of things in the patch, that was delayed to the point of almost giving up, did not contain some of the most important (promised!) bug-fixes; made things worse for some people...and then lied to everybody about what it did do! (example...cheat detection!)

I think that Atari, although they are on the brink of going into total collapse as a company, have tried to make a 'quick buck' with this game just to try and keep alive. Trouble is, it has driven their reputation so far downhill, that unless they give us a REALLY good game (of ANY type!) very soon, then its going to be "Goodnight Vienna"!
Quote from Bladerunner :That, I feel is the main issue.
Anybody can release a bad, buggy game that is pushed out early to meet the hype. It takes a GOOD company to either:

a) Wait until its finished properly and sod the hype.
or
b) At least TRY to fix it as soon as possible afterwards.

i just figured how remarkably similar the situation is to some other indie game
Quote :LAW is LAW follow them.

Yeah, but who would object to screwing Atari out of £30?
Quote from TiJay :Yeah, but who would object to screwing Atari out of £30?

Question is...how much has Atari screwed out of US?

Unlike them, we cant do very much about it, yet if WE get 'naughty' copies of their sh*t, then THEY can get US prosecuted!

Like they say.."Aint life a Biatch?"
Quote from Bladerunner :Unlike them, we cant do very much about it, yet if WE get 'naughty' copies of their sh*t, then THEY can get US prosecuted!

sh*t comes for free... (you dont pay to go and no number 2 do you?)
that means the game should be free too
Quote from squidhead :sh*t comes for free... (you dont pay to go and no number 2 do you?)

Well, you do in some public toilets
Quote from BlackEye :Well, you do in some public toilets

well...ehm..You can pay for playing TDU in internet cafes
Quote from dude56 :
Advice: NEVER buy a game from Atari. NEVER. Every single game Atari has ever published is riddled with bugs to the point that it's unplayable, without exception.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/video/9/5365/8005/51730/75139

Im not going into detail, just watch this video. Besides, after reading your post i count you to the sort of persons that are simple unable to either setup your own pc or the game itself properly. Just speculating.

Edit: thanks dawesdust, it was working when i was watching it at the same time =)

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/9/5365

Don't buy Test Drive Unlimited
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG