The online racing simulator
Maybe you were banned for being a known persistent cheater? If they were my servers, that's why I would've banned you. It's not like you haven't had several chances in the past.
Persistent cheater of what ?
Stop saying bullshit

Maybe one day you will get my driving skill...but don't call faster people cheater
Quote from Phlos.com :Persistent cheater of what ?
Stop saying bullshit

Maybe one day you will get my driving skill...but don't call faster people cheater

He means "Cheater" by the term "wrecker". Ive seen many many posts that backs up the statement that you wreck backmarkers if you cant get past them in half a second. If they are going the same pace as you, don't you dare wreck them, you need to pass the backmarker cleanly. I'd hate to see you on ANY servers with me with the little "rulebook" you race by now. Or has that changed?
Quote from thisnameistaken :On server 1 I've only ever seen FE Club Rev. and SO Classic Rev. too!

After posting what you were replying to, I jumped in the server (that was listed as FE Club Rev from my server checking earlier...) and, ... gasp... It was Blackwood! I've spent the last 2some years wishing to see folks racing in S2 BL1/XFG so I don't have to go to demo, and there it is!

Not many racers last night, US times. But the racing was quite fun. A good many veterans that I don't get to see much showed up for some 8 car racing. Unfortunately, on 3 occasions I was crashed out by wreckers (2 separate users).

The first kept blocking me, which he was blocking way too late and running into me. At one point, he gave me a brake check He stopped and apologized when I said in chat and explained that there is a report system and the admins do react to the reports. The second one, I don't know what the heck it was about. At the start, I looked right to see if I got a jump on the guy outside of me, and when I looked straight, he was sitting sideways. He was lagging terribly (2-7 seconds), so I don't know if that was lag or not at the start, but I spectated the race and at one point, he turned around and started driving the wrong way. Clearly deliberate. He was of course, auto kicked. He reconnected after a while, and again, turned straight into me on the back straight, completely crashing me out with his lag.

I didn't report any of it. I don't really like reporting unless I check his stats to see how new he may be. I did again say in chat about the reporting system and actions of admins and he timed out finally right at that time. I checked his stats after he timed out, and indeed he only had 20 total laps online. You have to be careful with the reporting feature, as I would rather see education than banning in situations where the racer may be new. I would imagine with the feature of seeing reports against yourself that the CTRA reporting takes stuff like newness into account.

Anyways, just letting them know of the reporting feature seemed to help, at least with the first incident, since he did behave himself for the next few races. So, remember two things about reporting drivers... 1. You can always let them know of the reporting feature and maybe that will straighten someone out. and 2. You have to be sure that perhaps, it is his first time ever online, which I feel education is more reasonable than reporting/banning. And a 3rd added, you have to remember that newer folk will make mistakes, not just those with 20 laps under their belt, but I consider those with less than 1000 to be potential newbies who may still need some help.

That turned out to be longer than I intended. I was just excited to race S2 on Blackwood in the XFG and was responding to Kev, LOL.
Quote from h3adbang3r :He means "Cheater" by the term "wrecker". Ive seen many many posts that backs up the statement that you wreck backmarkers if you cant get past them in half a second. If they are going the same pace as you, don't you dare wreck them, you need to pass the backmarker cleanly. I'd hate to see you on ANY servers with me with the little "rulebook" you race by now. Or has that changed?

Good point.

I still wreck backmarker sometimes, this is true
Because it is a non sense to loose time because of a backmarker... why ?

If the race was on open roads, it would be impossible for the leaders to overtake the backmarkers : because they are behind them...

On a track, it is possible because it's a "closed road". So even if you are far in front of them (in time) you can be behind, sounds weird isn't it ?

So people created the "blue flag" to allow fast drivers to overtake easily backmarkers...

IMO the backmarker car is invisible, I don't care about him because I am in front of him in "time" => so sometimes I can wreck him if he doesn't let me overtake, simple as that

I hope your understood my point of view, it sounds rude, but the backmarkers cars should be just invisible for leaders, they have no right to disturb leaders race in positions or in time...
Phlos, That's bullshit.
Quote from Phlos.com :Good point.

If the race was on open roads, it would be impossible for the leaders to overtake the backmarkers : because they are behind them...

On a track, it is possible because it's a "closed road". So even if you are far in front of them (in time) you can be behind, sounds weird isn't it ?

So people created the "blue flag" to allow fast drivers to overtake easily backmarkers...

IMO the backmarker car is invisible, I don't care about him because I am in front of him in "time" => so sometimes I can wreck him if he doesn't let me overtake, simple as that

I hope your understood my point of view, it sounds rude, but the backmarkers cars should be just invisible for leaders, they have no right to disturb leaders race in positions or in time...

I've seen your point of view about this before, and theres NO reason to wreck guys that are going a lap or 2 down. I may push mid-race joiners wide if they block me, and if they're seriously blocking, we both get wrecked :reallyI.E. i get under they're quarter panel and they turn right into me, then they get a nice vote kick/ ban ) But as I said, you have NO reason to wreck backmarkers that have been racing since the start of the race, you just ruin the race for them. I just hope to god I don't see you in a certain race in October (I doubt they'll even let you race )
Edit- Forgot to mention, Race leaders lose time to backmarkers ALL THE TIME in real life, Just look at NASCAR, ALMS, Formula 1, and various other motorsports.
move on to another game, phlos. NO ONE wants you here. Your behaviour speaks for itself, you're done.
Wow, Phlos. I was online when Becky banned you and asked her why, stating that you seemed to be racing just fine against me, even if you were banned from LFS Forum. Now I fully understand.

While it can be frustrating to get stuck behind a backmarker, you still have absolutely no right to blatantly wreck them. They are still having a race of their own, even if their pace is not quite on par. Sometimes accidents happen, especially with a large speed difference in corners, but to feel justified in wrecking them shows how much of an **** you are.
Quote from Phlos.com :IMO the backmarker car is invisible, I don't care about him because I am in front of him in "time" => so sometimes I can wreck him if he doesn't let me overtake, simple as that

and youre surprised becky banned you because ... ?
Quote from Becky Rose :If you look at the time that your replay file was saved you should be able to find the replay on the server, provided it was in the last 25 races. Failing that you could email do0f. The second o is a zero, and you'll find him at ukct.net

The thing is, we have to tie it up with the server replay for the report, so we really would preffer reports are raised in game.

I emailed the report. It's too late now surely, well beyond 25 races. I did not expect the report system to be in the game while online, so I'll remember to use it if something like this ever happens again.

thx
For the record, having read that and knowing there is nothing I can do in terms of educating phlos to be a better racer, and knowing there is nothing that can be done to salvage him as a community member, there is no way that I will personally permit this driver - or anyone who drivers to the standards detailed in his post above - on the CTRA.

We have enhanced blue flag notification, if you are a mid race joiner you are not allowed to influence the people who are racing in any way - you are a practicer. If you are getting a blue flag but did take the start then you are entitled to be there, and the blue flag merely tells you to hold your line and when the leader makes a move to let them through - at a safe part of the track ease off the throttle to make it possible.

If the driver hits a blue flag hotkey, as far as I am concerned, they have forefeited their right to overtake you under blue flag.

If necessary I will get together with the admins and publish official guidelines on blue flag conduct, but I think the only exception to common sense since the new system went live has already posted above. I've not seen many blue flag incidents since we seperated blues for racers and mid race joiners.
Quote from Becky Rose :For the record, having read that and knowing there is nothing I can do in terms of educating phlos to be a better racer, and knowing there is nothing that can be done to salvage him as a community member, there is no way that I will personally permit this driver - or anyone who drivers to the standards detailed in his post above - on the CTRA.

We have enhanced blue flag notification, if you are a mid race joiner you are not allowed to influence the people who are racing in any way - you are a practicer. If you are getting a blue flag but did take the start then you are entitled to be there, and the blue flag merely tells you to hold your line and when the leader makes a move to let them through - at a safe part of the track ease off the throttle to make it possible.

If the driver hits a blue flag hotkey, as far as I am concerned, they have forefeited their right to overtake you under blue flag.

If necessary I will get together with the admins and publish official guidelines on blue flag conduct, but I think the only exception to common sense since the new system went live has already posted above. I've not seen many blue flag incidents since we seperated blues for racers and mid race joiners.

Absolutely hit that one on the head Becky
Quote from Phlos.com :Persistent cheater of what ?
Stop saying bullshit

I'm not going to get into an argument with you, and being fast has nothing to do with it. When I turn up on a server there's usually at least one person there who is pleased to see me and looking forward to racing me. Can you say that?

I don't even know why you still hang around here.
Kev, you should stalk my LFS status more.
Quote :When I turn up on a server there's usually at least one person there who is pleased to see me and looking forward to racing me.

Sorry Kev, that's the same hotkey I give to everyone...
Quote from Becky Rose :Sorry Kev, that's the same hotkey I give to everyone...

That's what they all say.

Hmm...

you give everyone a "hey kev youre the best" ?
I do, Just ask mrodgers or Sam, or Kev, or Becky, or Jakq.
How is defined the length of the delay between races? Admin option, or dynamically based on the number of racers? I ask because when I raced on CTRA 1 I found it nice, but on the Single Seaters server this delay is always very short. If you don't finish in the top 3, you don't even have time to go to the garage and change your setup, or you'll miss the next start. Any chance that you guys increase it a bit?

Update: BTW, it happened a couple of times that I was crashed near the end of a race, so I went back to the pits and waited for the race to end. And when it did, I was sent to spectate mode and couldn't rejoin because by then the race was full. Any chance you could disable this force spectate when the driver is waiting in the pits?
Quote from FL!P :
Update: BTW, it happened a couple of times that I was crashed near the end of a race, so I went back to the pits and waited for the race to end. And when it did, I was sent to spectate mode and couldn't rejoin because by then the race was full. Any chance you could disable this force spectate when the driver is waiting in the pits?

The point of it is that it means people don't just selfishly sit in the bits whilst other people could be putting in some practice laps, if you don't want to spectate then drive it's that simple.
I was not talking about staying half the race in the pits. Both occurrences I mentioned occurred in the last lap. So you're saying I'd better join the track in the last lap rather than cleanly waiting in a safe place? I'm sorry but I disagree.
Afaik, the auto spectate is not a CTRA thing but a LFS one, because players sitting in the pits disturb the finishing order calculation. It's not possible to turn that off.
Quote from Phlos.com :Good point.

WOW you are by far the biggist dick I've ever heared in these forms.
Heres hoping I never run into you on the track
Enjoy your ban!!
I second that, but as ill be fequenting the CTRA servers mostly once i get back to racing it wont be a problem

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG