The online racing simulator
Yep: You are logged in as Aron (Iron) | Log Out
Perhaps you need a 'full' first/last name.

gn
When logging on to MyCTRA I can see that my license is gone!

No points and cooper. I have Platinum and 12,596 points....What has happend?

The Bandit

(View another licence
The_Bandit
12,596 POINTS
(platinum)

0.78% towards Titanium)

http://licence.ukct.net/licence.asp?lfsUser=The_Bandit
I had great fun yesterday on all CTRA server, and the new system is very good. Only little complain so far from me is that the result list should be optional. Out of curiosity i wonder how much strain this system puts on the server and the connection.

Greetings to all nice people i raced together yesterday and a hug :grouphug: for everyone involved in the CTRA project, may your enthusiasm never fade away.
Quote from Tweaker :Well now this is starting to get kinda frustrating while online. UKCT Dan was telling me that there is some connection issues that occur when buttons are being sent or something... and it causes a huge lag spike for certain players. Which is pretty bad considering LFS his very flakey when a player is lagging out and other players get kicked from it. I've lost several lead-lap races from disconnects (3 count now), and many other disconnects in between. It is not my connection, I am 100% positive of that. If what Dan says is true, I'd really like to see that fixed... it is kind of spoiling my momentum (and fun) for my first night .

Hope it gets fixed.

I was only on for three races the day it launched, but I did get disconnected after one of the races had ended (but long after the results screen had come up). I know it's not my connection, either.

edit: You get your computer fixed, Tweak?
Quote from The Bandit :When logging on to MyCTRA I can see that my license is gone!

No points and cooper. I have Platinum and 12,596 points....What has happend?

The Bandit

(View another licence
The_Bandit
12,596 POINTS
(platinum)

0.78% towards Titanium)

http://licence.ukct.net/licence.asp?lfsUser=The_Bandit

Fixed. Sorry about that. There are a handful of licences that appear not to have migrated correctly to the new database. Your licence now has combined points, old and new
Super! Thanks

Top job on the new servers

Can't wait to get racing again

The Bandit
Quote from Tweaker :Well now this is starting to get kinda frustrating while online. UKCT Dan was telling me that there is some connection issues that occur when buttons are being sent or something... and it causes a huge lag spike for certain players. Which is pretty bad considering LFS his very flakey when a player is lagging out and other players get kicked from it. I've lost several lead-lap races from disconnects (3 count now), and many other disconnects in between. It is not my connection, I am 100% positive of that. If what Dan says is true, I'd really like to see that fixed... it is kind of spoiling my momentum (and fun) for my first night .

Hope it gets fixed.

Becky is looking into this and has made some pretty significant changes to compensate for the burst of data being moved already, specifically relating to the end-of-race/results menu. With all due respect to Dan, he's repeating a conversation he's partially heard between Becky and I, he's not up to speed on the data flow of InSim and what he's relaying is far from authoritative. If you want details, the only person who can give them is Becky. I don't understand half of what she says either, and I'm a lot more on the inside track of the X-System's coding.
Quote from Tweaker :Perhaps you need a 'full' first/last name.

gn

Quite right We're also removing silly names when we see them.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I was only on for three races the day it launched, but I did get disconnected after one of the races had ended (but long after the results screen had come up). I know it's not my connection, either.

edit: You get your computer fixed, Tweak?

It's the buttons at results that kick me always, I've resorted to killing the menu as soon as I finish, then waiting til everyone finishes, and calling $results.
Quote from Tweaker :There is no option for California, USA on the site

Whoah! LOL! Hmm.. I think maybe I dreamed that CA broke off and fell into the Pacific Ocean. Okay, I've put it back in there until it does!
Scawen gave us 200 buttons, I used them.
Got banned from CTRA , but dont know why, I was on bump and jump and me and [FUSION]Jack were leading the race then some guy named roxor came and delibrately wrecked him, I said Stupid bitch cause of my anger, then rejoined and Jack and me started talking to him why he wrecked us etc, then I suddenly got banned but for what .

Is there some 12 hour ban on swearing once,
Thanks,
Jegor
Quote from Glenn67 :I haven't been on CTRA servers today but I notice just now when looking at the server list that a whole bunch of servers have significantly higher ping than normal for me (almost double :shrug so maybe one of the major LFS server providers is having some trouble?

The official LX4 servers seem normal but condogers and ctra are high amoungst a bunch of others.

CTRA are hosted by UKCT, Conedodgers by 500 Servers (iirc), although afaik one of Franky's servers and the UKCT box are in the same datacentre
This system is just bad man...

Today I went racing at FOX / As1r. I immidiatly started in front..? Appeared I had the fastest lap, yea, set in a previous life...

When you crash out in lap one, you can't rejoin. Resulting I have to go through the whole field.. Then I get spammed blue flag and stuff all over the place. I can't even see where I'm going!!

Then I drive the fastest time, so, yay, I think I'll start in front. No way, I got crashed out in the last lap, and my laptime didn't count. I'm saying "well, that's great, my laptime doesn't count because some **** crashed me out". And I get banned for saying ****. Maybe it's not polite, but this is just crazy.....
Quote from Darkone55 :This system is just bad man...

Today I went racing at FOX / As1r. I immidiatly started in front..? Appeared I had the fastest lap, yea, set in a previous life...

When you crash out in lap one, you can't rejoin. Resulting I have to go through the whole field.. Then I get spammed blue flag and stuff all over the place. I can't even see where I'm going!!

Then I drive the fastest time, so, yay, I think I'll start in front. No way, I got crashed out in the last lap, and my laptime didn't count. I'm saying "well, that's great, my laptime doesn't count because some **** crashed me out". And I get banned for saying ****. Maybe it's not polite, but this is just crazy.....

Swearing is not tolerated and IIRC it is in the agreement section when you first join in.

Saying the system is crap because some driver drove you off the road is being immature. All you had to do was report the incident and this person would have been penalized and you could carry on racing.

I am sure a ban from swearing won't last very long, keep the swearing under wraps and use the tools that are available on the system to prevent this type of driving and you will have a great time.
Quote from jegorchangai :Got banned from CTRA , but dont know why, I was on bump and jump and me and [FUSION]Jack were leading the race then some guy named roxor came and delibrately wrecked him, I said Stupid bitch cause of my anger, then rejoined and Jack and me started talking to him why he wrecked us etc, then I suddenly got banned but for what .

Is there some 12 hour ban on swearing once,
Thanks,
Jegor

Not once, several times. You were automagically kicked twice by the system alone, and you obliterated the good mood of the server and you were given a 1 day ban to cool down. Whatever you believe, your behaviour today was not acceptable. Sort it out, please. ReportID# 99.
Quote from Darkone55 :Today I went racing at FOX / As1r. I immidiatly started in front..? Appeared I had the fastest lap, yea, set in a previous life...

I'm a little uncertain what you mean by this, was there a bug?

Quote :When you crash out in lap one, you can't rejoin. Resulting I have to go through the whole field.. Then I get spammed blue flag and stuff all over the place. I can't even see where I'm going!!

You should not, under any circumstances, have gotten involved in the cars that where racing. When you are a mid race joiner you are practicing, all that spam was telling you to get out of the way, from your description you did not do this, it sounds like you are telling us you pressed on regardless. You where in practice mode, in that situation I would find some emptry track and work on my setup or set a qualifying lap for the next race.

Quote :Then I drive the fastest time, so, yay, I think I'll start in front. No way, I got crashed out in the last lap, and my laptime didn't count.

Absolutely, we do not approve of hotlapping do or die driving, especially from mid race joiners. To finish first, first you must finish. Now I dont know the details of your accident, but from your description you where in practice mode - I can only imagine the rest without looking at a reply so I wont comment further...

Quote :And I get banned for saying ****. Maybe it's not polite, but this is just crazy.....

The system kicks (not bans) for swearing, this is exactly the kind of behavior that we do not want to see on our servers. If you cant deal with it like an adult then walk away and take 10 minutes to get your dignity back together, try watching the replay in the interim or something, to make sure you havn't acted rashly. Lowering yourself like that means you effect the mood on the server for everyone, and that is why we have a swear filter.
WOW! Great job Becky, Sam and the rest of the team.
You're right about the swearing, I agreed with it, that's true.

But I tried to drive some kind of race, so I don't have to wait 15 min for a restart. And finding an empty space is just impossible. When I finally seem to have a bit of empty road in front of me, someone appears when I come out of the first corner. The next corner there's still someone who spun, the corner after that people are fighting for places..

If the system would let me join before the 2nd lap, I could have driven away from the front few drivers and have an empty road.. At least for 3 laps or so...

A qualifying lap was what I tried to do, before I got crashed out. I say in this case it's the fault of the system, because I know it wasn't on purpose. But the fact was that it flipped my car and I wasn't able to finish the race, to let my qualifying lap count. In the last lap....
Hello, I have been loving these servers again, im slow, i dont get much points. But this is some of the best racing ever!!!

I can't stress how awesome the server setup is, love it to bits! Thank you guys.

Just a little problem that is relating to the above a bit, that I noticed last night. It's the issue with the join on lap 2 message. It needs to be staggered.

As 1st place crosses the line I can leave the pits, stay at pit speed, exit pits straight into the middle of the pack. Joining on lap 2 actually does the opposite. It puts crashes in the middle of the pack. Or just behind them on cold tyres. I just wait at the end of the pitlane for all to pass, and let the race get on with it then poodle my way around my outlap taking it easy and not disturbing things. But i'm not sure if everyone is aware of this.

But join on lap 2 definately has potential to cause problems. Maybe, if you could set it so it only lets people out of the pits once Last place has reached lap 2? As it is when 1st place goes it lets people out at the wrong time.
Quote from Darkone55 :You're right about the swearing, I agreed with it, that's true.

But I tried to drive some kind of race, so I don't have to wait 15 min for a restart. And finding an empty space is just impossible. When I finally seem to have a bit of empty road in front of me, someone appears when I come out of the first corner. The next corner there's still someone who spun, the corner after that people are fighting for places..

If the system would let me join before the 2nd lap, I could have driven away from the front few drivers and have an empty road.. At least for 3 laps or so...

A qualifying lap was what I tried to do, before I got crashed out. I say in this case it's the fault of the system, because I know it wasn't on purpose. But the fact was that it flipped my car and I wasn't able to finish the race, to let my qualifying lap count. In the last lap....

Honestly, the main body of the complaint you have revolves around things we have no control over, and in the race you're describing are pretty rotten luck. But no more than that.

To just explain something really important about our mid-race joining rule, the thing we are very much trying to kill off before it gets started in our servers is the "do or die" T1 bombing mentality that we're ALL familiar with. Perhaps initially it's going to be a bit painful for a good many people when they either bomb or are bombed, but it's something we're determined to see through. The end result *will* be worth it, because everyone who chances T1 will be left behind on the lowest server and will never get further.
So you are saying that you crashed your car because the system made you?
For those whome the $results bandwidth surge is causing problems, you can now configure your $results to appear as you wish from the $prefs menu. There isn't much there at the moment - but changing your auto-show results setting should solve any problems encountered.
What´s up with the race lenght? 16 laps in Aston Cadet is too much for the Clubman licence. 10 should be long enough at this level, it sucks to lose all 15 previous laps at the last lap because someone crashed in front of you. Make it less please.
Quote from Rayo :What´s up with the race lenght? 16 laps in Aston Cadet is too much for the Clubman licence. 10 should be long enough at this level, it sucks to lose all 15 previous laps at the last lap because someone crashed in front of you. Make it less please.

I think the idea is that it is supposed to be difficult to move up! Plus if you got taken out you'd still loose 9 laps of racing if it were set to 10 Not much of a difference.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG