The online racing simulator
ok its work now ty
Is this wheel really worth the money? How much did you pay for your wheel?

Thanks
Are you asking this question in a 57 pages long thread?

The G25 is the best "afordable" wheel at the moment. Personally though I don't like the fact that the shifter appears to be it's weak link as it was the pedal system in previous Logitech's models.

A revB of this wheel with a more solid shifter would worth every penny of it imo.
i love mine, heck, my second ones in the post!

(Ok, the first one got sent back after breaking, and Royal Mail lost the damn thing, so technically i'll only have one)
I have heard nothing but great respones about this wheel. I just wanna make sure i get my moneys worth.

How does it feel compared towards a real car(i know it won't be exactly the same)? Can you change the feel Heavy/Light steering. What's the problem with the shifter?

Sorry if i'm being annoying........but 57 pages! I'm decieding wether i should buy the wheel or save up for an LCD TV 32"-40".

Thanks
Quote from shi shi bog :I have heard nothing but great respones about this wheel. I just wanna make sure i get my moneys worth.

How does it feel compared towards a real car(i know it won't be exactly the same)? Can you change the feel Heavy/Light steering. What's the problem with the shifter?

It's very good wheel. The best you can have in "everyman's class". If you want better, you'll be paying 1000+ euros from just a wheel.
I don't know how to compare to real car expect G25 has more rotation than most of the other wheels, three pedals and a shifter, just like in any real car With two FF motors forces are quite stong and wheel turns fast. Pedals are very good, brake being much stiffer than other two pedals.
Problem with shifter is that it's light-weight and made with potentiometers instead of buttons. I've been using mine since last christmas, and lately have had problems with 6th gear staying in.
Quote from shi shi bog :I have heard nothing but great respones about this wheel. I just wanna make sure i get my moneys worth.

Sorry if i'm being annoying........but 57 pages! I'm decieding wether i should buy the wheel or save up for an LCD TV 32"-40".

Thanks

There is nothing like this out there. Exact steering with no play. Feels just great. And the H-Shifting with the clutch is just awesome
Quote from shi shi bog :Is this wheel really worth the money? How much did you pay for your wheel?

Thanks

3500kr , about 291 USD, 233 Euro
Thanks for the replies guys. I am really thinking about this. I'm probably going to get the LCD TV first then the wheel.

Just a few more questions When you go into a powerslide or drifting can you let go of the wheel and it will turn back the other direction(counter-steer)?

Do you feel when the car understeers?

Is this fully compatible with LFS?

Thanks again guys & girls
how far away can you have the shifter from the wheel?
Quote from shi shi bog :how far away can you have the shifter from the wheel?

The cable between the wheel and shifter is about 5 or 6 feet long
Quote from BrandonAGr :The cable between the wheel and shifter is about 5 or 6 feet long

That's good! I can have it in a proper position . DAMN! now I'm undecided. What kind of monitors do you all play on?

Thanks for the replies peeps really appreciated.
notebook 15'4
I just bought mine, £150 from Dabs. Quite happy but am a little worried that the shifters gonna break lol.
If you have common sense and do not abuse the shifter, I wouldn't worry about it breaking any time soon. Early manufacturing defects have been hopefully cleared by now and Logi has been quite cool with product replacements in the past anyway.

150£ is a bargain for a package like G25 and one have to understand that it's not boutique hardware and thus build-quality has to have slack and compromises somewhere.

Though I'm off racing with mine and enjoying every minute.
200-220 € is a totally reasonable price for that kinda quality you get for. The racing feeling is way better as with the Momo for example.
I'm so happy I got it
just to say this - to all you nay-sayers, ive spent £150 on upgrades (Skt A + AGP > 939 + PCI-e), £150 on monitors (22" sitting at home, god i want to plug it in and try it - damn school!) etc, but the G25 is just sodding ace - i went from my Momo to it and my god it makes my Momo feel like some cheap generic tat - if you want to enhance the immseriveness then BUY!!!
unfotunately changing the spring has not improved the shifters sensitivity. there is play in the shifter when in sequential mode, and it shifts up with slightest movement. i dont no how to fix it.
if you bought it off the logitech website ring them and tell them about it and they will send you out a new one some thing broke in my DFP and they send me new one and didnt ask for the one i bought back at all and i fixed the 1 i bought so i ot 2 DFP for the price of 1
I'm probably talking out of my ass here but I remember reading somewhere that there's some kind of a built-in thing in the G25 (or the drivers) which doesn't allow the wheel to rotate any faster than it does by default to prevent injuries. Does anyone have more info on this? Maybe it could be overridden in some way.
This wheel is "the wheel". I can see why it cost a bit more than other wheels. You are gonna get very satisfied with it. Im currently learning right foot braking and using a gearbox.. Im slow but its more fun!

Cheers logitech!
Is it normal that my G25 steers to the left more heavy then to the right ( also makes more noise to the left?)
Quote from jegorchangai :Is it normal that my G25 steers to the left more heavy then to the right ( also makes more noise to the left?)

I had that problem yesterday evening -> reboot computer -> problem solved...

But your problem sounds more serious than mine :/
Well actually it turns a tad bitter harder,
But when im aproxmately in the middle and I turn from left to right it makes a strange noise but probaly cause im not used to noises on wheels
i have my g25 for about a week now, it's fantastic!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG