The online racing simulator
That doesn't sound right. My sequential shifter works exquisitely, I do admit that teh H gate feels very loose, but I rarely use the H-gate other than ****ing around with Jakg using the LX6.

The Actlabs shifter doesn't have a sequential mode.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but i didnt feel like reading through 53 pages.

So i currently have a DFP, which i love. I want the G25 sooooooooo bad, because of the gated shifter, and the clutch pedal. However, i do like the buttons on the DFP better. With the G25, theres two buttons (not including paddles). Look left, and look right. So what about the horn? What about looking Behind?

THe other buttons i use on my DFP arent really that important.
I have up arrow as horn, down as look back, and left/right to look left/right.
Triangle is headlights, square is to zoom out, and circle is to zoom in.
L2 is clutch, and R2 is handbrake, but i wouldnt really need that, since the G25 comes with it.

I guess two buttons would be enough, but i do prefer the button config on my DFP

SOOoooo, on with my question.

Would it be possible to switch the wheel of the G25 with the DFP wheel?
no, don't think so.

btw if you press both look left and look right, you get look behind.
There are also 12 buttons you can use on the shifter which you can use for other things, and 2 paddles behind the wheel which I use for teamspeak(push-to-talk), so there is hardly any shortage of buttons....
Indeed, I have look left/right on the buttons (hold both and you look behind), handbrake/horn on the paddles (use shifter 95% of the time), and everything else on the shifter buttons, which are easy enough to reach without looking away from the screen.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :
SOOoooo, on with my question.

Would it be possible to switch the wheel of the G25 with the DFP wheel?

Quote from JJ72 :no, don't think so.

It in fact is possible to switch the wheels, but you have to do a lot of re-wiring and so on. I've seen pictures of it somewhere, but I can't remember where that was.
Well, im already saving for a car (im 14, but i want to be able to get my car as soon as, or if not before i turn 16), but im gunna cut some of that off and get a G25.

I love my DFP, and the sequential is fine, but i just want that clutch pedal and gated 6 speed shifter sooooo bad. You could do real clutch kicks, you could realisticly heal toe, and plus, its just so much more fun.

Um.... donations accepted?
Hei.
Hi. I need a bit help. Bought a G25 yestarday and got everything working but the 900 degree turning. Does the LFS even support that? I'm sorry if there are some anserws in the thread but i really didn't want to check the whole thread.

Thanks...
No LFS only supports up to 700 degrees i think
The most any car in LFS turns wheel wise is 720 degrees.
Well... Thats pretty sad, but i think that thw wheel wont even turn that much :S It does about 270 degrees but not 720 :S The axis in game is fully tunred out but my wheel is at 130. dammit... I hope u guys understand... My english sucks.
Have you changed the rotation in the Profiler? And does the G25 Hardlock like the DFP does? It may be hardlocked onto 270.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The most any car in LFS turns wheel wise is 720 degrees.

Which doesn't mean you can't use the full 900 degrees
(You're just making it harder for yourself...)
Quote from mcintyrej :Have you changed the rotation in the Profiler? And does the G25 Hardlock like the DFP does? It may be hardlocked onto 270.

No, it doesn't.
Quote from Sidewinder7 :Well... Thats pretty sad, but i think that thw wheel wont even turn that much :S It does about 270 degrees but not 720 :S The axis in game is fully tunred out but my wheel is at 130. dammit... I hope u guys understand... My english sucks.

So, does the wheel itself not turn more than 270 degrees, or is it just in LFS that the wheel stops turning? If so, you should try disabling calibration lock and recalibrate the axes in LFS.
You have to change the ° in the setting panel in WIN. If you change it in LFS it will not change the hardware.
Im having calibration issues with my G25, it doesnt center upon switching the PC on.

I also cant find the Calibration menu...
Quote from djgizmo68 :Im having calibration issues with my G25, it doesnt center upon switching the PC on.

I also cant find the Calibration menu...

There's no calibration menu. I haven't had this problem with my G25, but with my DFP, I had to connect it to the USB port after the computer had finished booting, or it would be a few degrees off center. You could try that.
Ahaha I've ordered my G25. Overclockers.co.uk have a sale on, thankgod. Coming on wednesday, i can't wait!
Mine should be here in the next couple of days as well
Got mine via Dabs.
Will all/most of the racing games coming out from now on be able to support the clutch and gated shifter of the G25? I was gonna get one, but not too many games let you use the clutch or shifter, making it no different than my G25
most sims will, but your not just getting a dfp with a shifter, the wheel and pedals are MUCH higher quality
Yeah, i've been using a DFP and a shifter now, aswell as a clutch pedal. I'll let you know how different the experience is, when I get mine.
wired thing I just seeing that my G25 does not block at the degree I put it in the contol penal. is that normal?

Edit: It's because I used the "centre sping" option thing
It uses a FFB block, not a physical block, so it is easy to get past the FFB block. Removing centering spring helps you to feel where the block is, because the force due to centering spring is so great, that you can't feel the stop.
Quote from Jakg :most sims will, but your not just getting a dfp with a shifter, the wheel and pedals are MUCH higher quality

Really? what do you mean by the wheel being higher quality? Like, it feels nicer? made out of nicer material? That kinda stuff?

As for the pedals, i assume they dont feel as bad as the ones on my DFP do? Especialy the brake pedal, which i dont like because it makes this annoying click every time i step on it.

So even for games where it doesnt support the gated shifter, and the clutch pedal, the G25 still is much better than the DFP?

I might just save for a G25 then.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG