The online racing simulator
S2 Patch X10
(314 posts, closed, started )
My FOX settings in custom view are 85° FOV, X=0.00, Y=0.20, Z=-0.04. Bit lower in the car, but then that's what it looks like from a single seater. You can't just sit higher and 'get a better view', at least not without huge CoG and drag penalties

Edit:-
FO8 - 85° FOV, X=0.00, Y=0.125, Z=-0.055
BF1 - 90° FOV, X=0.00, Y=-0.06, Z=-0.25 (this is a compromise, because having the mirrors in view is critical in a car this fast)
MRT - 90° FOV, X=0.00, Y=0.150, Z=-0.150 (a lot lower than default, maybe even less real, but it's comfortable )
Quote from tristancliffe :My FOX settings in custom view are 85° FOV, X=0.00, Y=0.20, Z=-0.04. Bit lower in the car, but then that's what it looks like from a single seater. You can't just sit higher and 'get a better view', at least not without huge CoG and drag penalties

Edit:-
FO8 - 85° FOV, X=0.00, Y=0.125, Z=-0.055
BF1 - 90° FOV, X=0.00, Y=-0.06, Z=-0.25 (this is a compromise, because having the mirrors in view is critical in a car this fast)
MRT - 90° FOV, X=0.00, Y=0.150, Z=-0.150 (a lot lower than default, maybe even less real, but it's comfortable )

Thanks mate! I'll give 'em a shot when I have a chance. (at work now...)
Quote from GAS-Hugo :I CANT USE THIS VIEW, because i drive with shutter glasses (VR) and in cockpit view, there is no way for me to get good settings (VR). If the car is ok, the environment is flat. If the environment is ok, i´ll see the car twice.

I used shutter glasses with LFS for quite a long time and I've never raced in anything but cockpit view. You just need to turn down the "effect" a little bit, allow yourself to get used to that, then increase the effect again. Everything in LFS is 3D, so it should all work fine, provided your eyes/brain can handle it and you don't have the 3D effect turned up too high.
The way I see it, we have just passed the point where the community embraces changes made to LfS, to not having to give up their convenience... It doesn't matter whether you look in this patch-thread or the last one which lenghty discussed the changes to the reset-behaviour, or the testpatch where Scawen changed the shortcuts... The main argument of those opposing the changes always were "but we're used to it, how dare you changing that!!!!!1111oneoneeleven"...

THIS really is what makes me sad, when did we became a bunch of progress-opposing nay-sayers?
Quote from bbman :THIS really is what makes me sad, when did we became a bunch of progress-opposing nay-sayers?

I guess it has always been that way. People don't like it when things are made harder for them, it's the human nature.
So far people have got used to the harder features though, only a minority has actually left..
Quote from bbman :
The main argument of those opposing the changes always were "but we're used to it, how dare you changing that!!!!!1111oneoneeleven"...

THIS really is what makes me sad, when did we became a bunch of progress-opposing nay-sayers?

First of all, the main argument was NOT that what you say, and by proclaiming it is you are making yourself pretty foolish

We are not against progress, but progress is being achieved by for exampling introducing updated physics in order to add more realism, not by make the option availlable to force people to use a certain view to add realism and to "progress" the game. Agreed, perhaps this option was needed for the LX competition, but make it then only for those server(s)/competitions. And I agree again, it is an option, but that does not change the fact it has influences and our freedom is being cut off. And no, we are not against this because it makes it harder, it is just how we like to race and now there is an option implented in our favorite game where hosts can deny us to use the way how we race. Lmao I really would like to see how you guys would react if this was about a 'forced chase car view' instead of cockpit view. Stop saying we are "moaners", "cheaters", "a bunch of progress-opposing nay-sayers" and so on. We are not that! We just dare as a obvious minority in this community to say what we think, what we feel and what we want. Besides, in the poll on the other topic nearly 1/4 of the votes uses another view then the cockpit view. Yes the 1/4th is still a minority but personally I've to admit it is a bigger group then I first thought it was. That is not a deniable group of racers who have played LFS and supported it for a long time, and will keep doing so, if you just would listen to what we say instead of go 'ridiculising' us.

I'm still looking things very suspecious in the future as I nearly certain know the number of servers using it will increase once some well known leagues will use this option. And if this just isn't a step in between, a step before making the cockpit view the only possible view.

Regards,
GC
Gianni, you should argue with those server admins or league organizers, not with Scawen..
Quote from GianniC :First of all, the main argument was NOT that what you say, and by proclaiming it is you are making yourself pretty foolish

And yet you used it yourself...

Quote from GianniC :[...]a view where as I most of us never have used in all these years of LFS, and all those years in other racing games.[...]

And if all this isn't about you having to readjust to something you're not used to, what IS the point? Because "limiting you in your freedom to choose a view you used for ages" is just packing the same thing in another package...
I have found the framerate jumps around a lot more with X10, I found it got worse with X as well.

Before X, I would get constant framerates of around 110fps, now it's all over the place, down to 50, up to 140+ etc. With patch X, it almost stopped a few times - ~8fps :0 and others have reported that as well.

I don't know if this is a lag issue, cpu or gfx but it would be great if it was sorted in the next patch, it really does affect online racing.
If you look at other Racing Simulations, the 'forced cockpit view option' is mostly used only in certain leagues, the majority of Public Servers for Pick up Races keep this Option off.
I dont see any reason why it should be different in LFS.
Quote from tristancliffe :BF1 - 90° FOV, X=0.00, Y=-0.06, Z=-0.25 (this is a compromise, because having the mirrors in view is critical in a car this fast)

you sit even lower in the bf1 than the cockpit viwe ? i can hardly see the track in it as is
Quote from bbman :And yet you used it yourself...

And if all this isn't about you having to readjust to something you're not used to, what IS the point? Because "limiting you in your freedom to choose a view you used for ages" is just packing the same thing in another package...

It is one of our arguments that some of us are just used of it and that there is no reason to change this habit.
I believe it was said like this more and not with the "oneoneone111" crap you wrote after it. I hope you show some more respect to others their words in other discussions than you did in that post.

We repack our arguements ? All you do is repacking your package aswell.

How about all those other arguements, they don't count for you ? Just the one arguement you can pretty swiftly counter makes the other arguements less important ?
I've yet to see any other argument than bad uncle Scawen taking away toys you played with (which he doesn't) and you go crying like the world is coming to an end, therefore the !!!111... And my posts are paying the right amount of respect to this thread, this whole discussion is plain ridiculous, just as the ones about the reset and the hotkeys were...
Quote from hackerx :
And good luck with your elitist LX week. :thumbsdow

LX month was created for a few basic reasons:

- Primarily, to give people some type of activities and interaction for enjoyment.

- To promote the use of the LX cars so that more people might consider spending some time behind the wheel of one, helping racers to get more value out of their LFS content.

- The creation of publicly available setups that cater for learners and pros alike. Also helping people to learn how to drive these cars or to improve upon what they already can do.

Having some competitions with prizes helps to generate interest in LX month and creates a more festive mood. Feedback has been very positive so far from both the autox and the skinning contests. There's nothing at all elitist about this, it is supposed to be a festive sort of thing and so far it seems to have had the right effect. Many people are enjoying themselves and enjoying driving and learning about the LX cars. We're seeing some fantastic skins (which are public of course) created and there's an increased appreciation for autox, helped along by Victor's cool autox competition.

Thanks to all who are supporting and participating in LX Month. This project was conceived last year and has no connection with any particular patch. There's nothing at all elitist about the concept and I feel sorry that anyone might portray it that way.
Quote from Gunn :- To promote the use of the LX cars so that more people might consider spending some time behind the wheel of one

Does anyone have the LXs' usage stats from June? LX Month ought to make for interesting stats.
Then again the stats are pretty stacked already..
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Jesus guys theres 300000000 threads crying for change and when some change comes we have 20000 crying like my 4yr old boy when i tell him its bed time.

How many servers do actually think will enforce it? Truly calm the hell down and put your panties back on..

This reminds me alot when bunnyhopping was nerfed in CS/TFC so many ppl cried that they would stop playing and it was all doom and gloom, now who cares?
i wonder how many people will leave when rubber actually builds up on the raceline and marbles off the raceline...
whats funny is this is just an option and people are complaining like it is forced on every single server.
They know their days of arcade gameyness are counted
Quote from Gabkicks :i wonder how many people will leave when rubber actually builds up on the raceline and marbles off the raceline...

With these kind of reactions i'm afraid many would leave, but also with these kind of reactions i'm afraid that Scawen might think "am i ready to loose those 50 % of arcade loving players", but i hope he doesn't.
Things like previous starts, no damage hiting the wall in 100 mph, and until recently, magic "space" button, all contributed to this arcadey behaviour from people.
If LFS went serious from the begining this wouldn't happen.
Quote from richo :Jesus guys theres 300000000 threads crying for change and when some change comes we have 20000 crying like my 4yr old boy when i tell him its bed time.

How many servers do actually think will enforce it? Truly calm the hell down and put your panties back on..

This reminds me alot when bunnyhopping was nerfed in CS/TFC so many ppl cried that they would stop playing and it was all doom and gloom, now who cares?

Im 49, and certainly no kiddoe
I can`t remember the last time, i cried !? But you can ?

I bougth Lfs, because ONLINERACING was great, and physics blasted the other games away

Look at the poll - 68% is potentially forced view drivers
That gotta reduce my online experience, I think

I will still drive a lot, but I will start doing much more hotlaps, I think.
If I try to find an exciting server nowadays, I seldom find one which fullfill my needs. Now comes forced view, and that is doing no good, from MY point of view

More servers will be "closed", for me and my kind.

With this I leave this subject for good.

/Alland44, a noob, scumbag and with a "cheaters" raceview
Over and out !

EDIT :
And I beg you raceplanners. Please put the forced view thingie first, so we don`t have to read miles and miles of text, to find out, that the race is closed for us Please !
You still missed the point,
And your still behaving like a child , i dont like this so i,m taking my bat and ball and going home

Personally i cant see many servers closed to "your kind" some leagues maybe but i cant see many servers enforcing it.

****ing storm in a teacup...
Quote from richo :You still missed the point,
And your still behaving like a child , i dont like this so i,m taking my bat and ball and going home

Personally i cant see many servers closed to "your kind" some leagues maybe but i cant see many servers enforcing it.

****ing storm in a teacup...

/Subject no longer an option - Sorry !
I like how objects respawn really quickly in X10.

Here's some fuel for the debatees. You say you can't look back in chase view? Well look no more----

Look-back-hack-view for LFS chase view:

I have "V" and "Shift-V" assigned to my "Controller-Pad" so I can look back.

I enjoy games in Chase View. Never liked/enjoyed in-car so I don't use it.
Attached images
chase01.JPG
chase02.JPG
lookback01.JPG
lookback02.JPG
Just like driving an R/C car, totally detached
This thread is closed

S2 Patch X10
(314 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG