The online racing simulator
S2 Patch X10
(314 posts, closed, started )
Quote from robt :GianniC, ill be happy to race you.

I'll be happy to race you too

And for the record, I use a wheel (just learning to race with it after some months of studying break from LFS), so I'm not "an arcade racer with kb" blablabla. I've never raced NFS, not even tryed it. Only GP2, GPL, Nascar 2003 and LFS. Just saying: racingsims.
Quote from GianniC :I'll be happy to race you too

And for the record, I use a wheel (just learning to race with it after some months of studying break from LFS), so I'm not "an arcade racer with kb" blablabla.

We can make WVC (Weird Views Club)
And ban all them inside viewers
Quote from GianniC :I was during my holliday planning to race every day some hours, get back into LFS but honestly I'm having my doubts now. Why on earth can we play 3-4 years with no forced view and suddenly we have to ? This adds nothing to realism. I just went doing some laps on a combo I well know... I was totally lost. I had no idea where my car was, what line I was taking in a turn, was I on the curbs now or not ? I had not a single clue. Saying we have to adapt us to the view you guys like to use and being forced to use the view is brutal and inpolite. It is just not right.

Erm... So how does this add up to this:

Quote from GianniC :The first group claims the second group is cheating. That the second group has an "unfair" advantage. While this is so NOT true, that's a proven fact and whatever you bring on of arguements, the chase car view offers no advantage above other views.
[...]
Where is that unfair advantage ?

THERE is your advantage! When I race in Cockpit-View, I also don't know if I kissed the apex exactly, I can guess where I am through calculating the distances by noting various reference points, but I didn't see it, so I never know! You on the other hand, SEE exactly where your car is and if it loses traction by seeing the skidmarks... Now tell me that this is no advantage...
Great Patch, just missed qualifications of our OPS2 league, because i couldn't find a host on X3. It wasn't in the server list, i couldn't get in manually, nor i could find anyone who were there via "find user online" option.
After half an hour atempt, all of a sudden it worked, but the qualis were already over. Starting the race, 30 players in front of me, South city, 10 fps, crash derby... etc, etc...
I asked my friend if he could see that server but nothing, and he also couldn't find anyone who were there, so it's not something on my side..

It's probably the admin's fault because the server was on a TEST patch, but i also feel great amount of frustration towards LFS right now..
Quote from bbman :Erm... So how does this add up to this:

THERE is your advantage! When I race in Cockpit-View, I also don't know if I kissed the apex exactly, I can guess where I am through calculating the distances by noting various reference points, but I didn't see it, so I never know! You on the other hand, SEE exactly where your car is and if it loses traction by seeing the skidmarks... Now tell me that this is no advantage...

I have driven with wheelsview, and I don`t see the skidmarks, before i pass the same place again.
And I could hit apex in a bucket. Apex is easy, its the entry point and leaving point, which are really hard

I do not think it is an advantage to drive my way, because i tend to oversteer far to much.

And the fastest I know, all go inview What about that !
Just bringing this up on another page in case Scawen missed it...

Quote from Boris Lozac :Great Patch, just missed qualifications of our OPS2 league, because i couldn't find a host on X3. It wasn't in the server list, i couldn't get in manually, nor i could find anyone who were there via "find user online" option.
After half an hour atempt, all of a sudden it worked, but the qualis were already over. Starting the race, 30 players in front of me, South city, 10 fps, crash derby... etc, etc...
I asked my friend if he could see that server but nothing, and he also couldn't find anyone who were there, so it's not something on my side..

It's probably the admin's fault because the server was on a TEST patch, but i also feel great amount of frustration towards LFS right now..

I'll be WVC member #3 hehe. and GianniC, im sure i remember you used to use keyboard? Learnt a tip from you about steering lock angles. and i also have a wheel but the pedals dont work any more
Scawen>

Mouse coursor should automatically dissapear after 10 or 20 seconds when we have (InSim) buttons on screen. Now its always there in the LX month servers.
Quote from Scawen :There is an F in the List of Games

Busy thread...
So sorry about this,.... Where is the FCV button in the server list filter? Or which column is it? I have X10 and I cant see how to tell what servers use FCV. I want to avoid them, ^_^ Thanks.
Attached images
severlist.JPG
at the right of the screen, where it has letters (VSQM). If there is an F there, its an FCV server.

dont ask me what the rest of the letters mean, i used to know but cant find it on the wiki.
Quote from JasonJ :Busy thread...
Where is the FCV button in the server list filter? Or which column is it? I have X10 and I cant see how to tell what servers use FCV. I want to avoid them, ^_^ Thanks.

On that screen, only the two Pro Racing Room servers use X10 anyway as you can see on the left under V(ersion).

If a server uses it there will be a an "F" in the Info line where it says "VSM" etc. now as I understood it.

Lets hope we dont see too many Fs.
Quote from zeugnimod :...
If a server uses it there will be a an "F" in the Info line where it says "VSM" etc. now as I understood it.
Lets hope we dont see too many Fs.

Thanks ALOT guys-- lol great i can see them now, darn it.

Really fast replies, I didnt even get to finish my post! Haha
Quote from bbman :

Then use chase car view also ?

Hey, I've heared Bawbag is using a new G25. I'm using an old MS FF Sidewinder, with bad working software, thus making the center messed up and now and then the FF just drops out. Bawbag has an unfair advantage above me! :rolleyes:

When you are racing in cockpit view, you decide to do that, you are not forced. Saying that it is an advantage in seeing the entire car and skid marks in a chase car view is correct. Saying that this is an unfair advantage is wrong. The cockpit offers also an advantage the chase car view has (mirrors eg.), why is this on its turn then not an unfair advantage compared to chase car view ? One view may have on a certain point an advantage over another view, but don't forget the other view may have also an advantage on a certain other point on the one view.

Cause you decide, and a large group of other people, that cockpit view is "the way to go" and use that, that you and those people suddenly start saying other view users have advantages making them "alien like faster" than cockpit viewers, we are being taken of the right to decide by free will on what view we want to play this game ?

This is counter all those values and morals we get pumped in our head from when we barely can read, democracy. Saying LFS is no democracy is complete bullshit. Well perhaps it is the true... at least it used to be a democracy.

Want realism ? Work on the physics, but do not go force people to use different views to add realism, cause that is plain bogus.
Now i cant race anymore...

I get 2 fps in cockpit......

compared to my 13 in custom...

@GianniC

Agreed completly
I don’t understand why everyone is being so negative. It’s an option, nothing more but an option. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. If the owner of a server feels the need to implement the option, that’s his/her decision, no one is forcing them.

In my opinion the option makes perfect sense. In league races and tourneys I think the playing field should be as level as possible, especially in autox.

Most of you are just making a big deal out of nothing. I’m sure this is 1 of MANY little optional features that make server configs more flexible and to better suit needs of some. Things are going to constantly be changing; you are playing an alpha….deal with it.
Im completly against force view even its an option.
I drive LFS for years in full screen even i tried cockpit at the beginning.
But to me, the best way to go fast is full screen.
Be realistic is one thing, but the view u have in a real cockpit or in front of a screen is really different, thats why i dont use cockpit.
It take time to master car/tracks in LFS and changing views change all your feelings.
So i wont learn 2 style of driving if i must do a league or something.
Hope this feature wont stay long.
im negative because i had bad fps as it was...

now i cant even play...

cockpit i lag,

autox i lag,

more than 4 people, you guessed it...
Sorry but this post is getting rather big and i am short on time to read it all

I have upgraded 2 of the CD servers to X10 as its compatable

Scawen says (first post):

Here is a new compatible Patch : X10
Sorry about the last minute update just before the autocross competition, but we needed to add two features.

I have several people telling me they cannot see these severs in the master list as they have not upgraded to X10

Please can we have an answer

Is it compatable with X - Yes or No

Thanks
Despite the prophets of doom we spend a great evening of racing fcv. Attendances didn't fall off and no-one complained....I lie; one guy joined, said 'Forced cockpit?', '???', 'Goodbye then' and left. He came back 2 seconds later and said 'A thought, you should advertise it so as not to waste people's time' He'd gone by the time I typed 'It's in the server list marked F'
+1 for forced cockpit view, it give enough visual feedback to control the car perfectly. Thats why i play LFS, because in all the other from me tested racing games are the visual feedback and the physics bad.
-1 for ban mouse users
+1 for ban keyboard users
-1 for mirror for chase view, because its no realistic driving view, its like a cheating view, and crazy harry should learn to drive in an realistic view like cockpit view and learn to use the watch out buttons.
Quote from GianniC :Then use chase car view also ?

Hey, I've heared Bawbag is using a new G25. I'm using an old MS FF Sidewinder, with bad working software, thus making the center messed up and now and then the FF just drops out. Bawbag has an unfair advantage above me! :rolleyes:

When you are racing in cockpit view, you decide to do that, you are not forced. Saying that it is an advantage in seeing the entire car and skid marks in a chase car view is correct. Saying that this is an unfair advantage is wrong. The cockpit offers also an advantage the chase car view has (mirrors eg.), why is this on its turn then not an unfair advantage compared to chase car view ? One view may have on a certain point an advantage over another view, but don't forget the other view may have also an advantage on a certain other point on the one view.

Cause you decide, and a large group of other people, that cockpit view is "the way to go" and use that, that you and those people suddenly start saying other view users have advantages making them "alien like faster" than cockpit viewers, we are being taken of the right to decide by free will on what view we want to play this game ?

This is counter all those values and morals we get pumped in our head from when we barely can read, democracy. Saying LFS is no democracy is complete bullshit. Well perhaps it is the true... at least it used to be a democracy.

Want realism ? Work on the physics, but do not go force people to use different views to add realism, cause that is plain bogus.

+10. Couldn't agree more with you.

I've used cockpit view from the moment I started playing LFS back in 2004 until those big graphics improvements came along in S2. Now with bonnet view it's just that little bit better..but it's playable with +/- 15fps. Can't get used to wheel/chase view.. I'm sure I can adapt too cockpit view again..no problem and I'll just be as fast (or slow lol) but I'm not so sure if my pc can cope with it hehehe. So -10 for the servers running this option.
Quote from Doorman :Despite the prophets of doom we spend a great evening of racing fcv. Attendances didn't fall off and no-one complained....I lie; one guy joined, said 'Forced cockpit?', '???', 'Goodbye then' and left. He came back 2 seconds later and said 'A thought, you should advertise it so as not to waste people's time' He'd gone by the time I typed 'It's in the server list marked F'

Just so that I understand this ...

You have forced pistops?
You have wind turned on?
You have forced cockpit view?
You have 5 minute breaks between races?

You're doomed mate. DOOMED.
Now it happens - we have 'Forced cockpit view' and i think this will be the standard for most servers.

Since many years (pre s1) i play lfs, but this option could kick me off.

I CANT USE THIS VIEW, because i drive with shutter glasses (VR) and in cockpit view, there is no way for me to get good settings (VR). If the car is ok, the environment is flat. If the environment is ok, i´ll see the car twice.

I hope i err me and most servers don´t activate this option.
Quote from OldBloke :Just so that I understand this ...

You have forced pistops?
You have wind turned on?
You have forced cockpit view?
You have 5 minute breaks between races?

You're doomed mate. DOOMED.

ROFL My god, the server will be permanently empty. Its all too realistic. No one will want to play on a server like that.

Note to self...get over to DMR tomorrow .
This thread is closed

S2 Patch X10
(314 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG