The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you agree with the "forced cockpit view" option?

Yes, I agree.
No! It should be removed.
Do you agree with the "forced cockpit view" option
As simple as that, you agree or you don't...
I don`t want it
If that will be anyway, then I DEMAND a option where you can force people to use 3th person veiw.
How you like that?

Anyway, if there is problem that chase-view people can`t use mirrows etc, then implent that feature, case solved, everyone happy.

I know it`s not like a democraty, but please don`t do this to us =(
I agree keep it.
While i dont use the chase view, I use the custom view of the front tryre's and I'm a lot happier using that view than the cockpit.
I use cockpitview, but I don't understand why people who don't like this should be forced to use it.
So, no, I don't like that option.
Keep it. Try something new and different, if you get on a server with this option. You never know until you try....you may like it!
I agree with it. It would appear that it's use is only intended for auto-x servers where, as mentioned in the patch thread, being able to see exactly where your wheels are is an advantage compared having to judge the corners of the car from the cockpit view.

I can see the advantages of non-cockpit views in other situations too, eg being able to perfectly place your wheels over kerbs and chicanes lap after lap, because you can see the damn things. That's not realistic. A single screen might be limiting, but it's a lot more realistic to have a cockpit than it is driving with a transparent car or an invisible camera boom sticking ten feet out the back.

Also, in case it hasn't been mentioned, it's only an option. If servers running it decline in popularity, then they'll take it off, or other servers will fill the void. Nobody is forcing anything on anyone, unless you actually want to win stuff in LX month, which is more than fair enough in my book.
posted from x10 thread:

Just had a look at the server list, 4 servers using forced view, all of which are lx month servers. I very much dob't many pickup servers will use this option, and it will be used for leagues and the like only.

Look, people aren't being forced to use it, server owners aren't being forced to implement it. And most server owners will want to stay popular so proberly won't enable this option. Only a few hardcore servers might implement it, and a few leagues (but not all!)
The poll is pointless - all it will demonstrate is how many of us use cockpit view, and we've had that poll before.

A lot of people have asked for this option for leagues and so on, so I think it's a fair addition, and the current autocross competition is definitely fairer without "wheels" view allowed.

I'm surprised at how many fast guys are using chase view - I don't know how you cope with that at all!
Quote from thisnameistaken :The poll is pointless - all it will demonstrate is how many of us use cockpit view, and we've had that poll before.

No. I use cockpit view but voted for removing the "option".
Quote :Just had a look at the server list, 4 servers using forced view, all of which are lx month servers. I very much dob't many pickup servers will use this option, and it will be used for leagues and the like only.

Well, since the feature was implented this morning I don`t find it strange that there aren`t many servers that uses it.

Anyway, I understand that someone thinks this is good, and I perfectly understand the ones that are against it.

But... FREEDOM TO THE PEOPLE!!!
Lol yea... anyway, let us for gods sake hope that most servers stay away from this options, or else it`s good-bye multiplayer fun in LFS
The thing is, like rFactor failed in the multiplayer side, by having so much mods, people have dispersed, and you either join a league and compete weekly, or so, because you can't have the instant good action you have on LFS. You choose a server and there you go, you can have fun instantly!

By adding this option on the server side will disperse people too, because the drivers that don't drive with the cockpit view won't join the "fcv" servers, and leagues, and that means drivers that used to race together on a server will do it no more just because they use diferent view options... That's even more deadly to the sim that allowing mods...

edit: damm The_Very_End, you antecipated me...
I totally agree with it. Anything that makes this sim more hardcore gets my vote.
Next up..no minimaps, in fact nothing on screen at all..just introduce a pitboard.
force shift-f & disable chat would be ace
Quote from The Moose :I totally agree with it. Anything that makes this sim more hardcore gets my vote.
Next up..no minimaps, in fact nothing on screen at all..just introduce a pitboard.

And goodbye to 50% of LFS users

But seriously, I do hope, for the sake of LFS, that most servers will leave this option out. We need equality, drive the veiw you want, on any track
Quote from The Moose :I totally agree with it. Anything that makes this sim more hardcore gets my vote.

Jeeezz!

Why the hell?!

If you like to play hardcore, then personalize your options! You can! But why do other should be force to?!

Do you understand the concept of freedom of choice?
#17 - Don
Quote from kompa :force shift-f & disable chat would be ace

+ disable F9/F10 and even SHIFT+P
face it, its the way it should be, if you dont want to drive in cockpit view its fine, there will be servers for the "chase" view and all the people running wheels only, infact moose here just nailed it, too much info availabe and too many people used to play a simulator in a more arcade view.
and +1 for don's also.
Quote from eRaptor :Do you understand the concept of freedom of choice?

Who promised you complete freedom of choise?
Quote from eRaptor :Do you understand the concept of freedom of choice?

Of course. and I'm expressing my personal choice.

If you want to race a sim in big girls blouse mode then your welcome to.
Quote : If you like to play hardcore, then personalize your options! You can! But why do other should be force to?!

Thats the best comment I have heard all day, and it sums up this whole discussion / talk.
It`s up to everyone how realistic they want to do thngs, but let us poor poor arcade racers have the choise to not have it the super realistic way.

And beside, the car do not sitting better on the asphalt or gets better grip because we use chase-veiw. In fact it is much easier to feel and see and recover from a slide in cockpit-view..
No need to force it for spectators.
#23 - Don
Quote from The Very End :It`s up to everyone how realistic they want to do thngs

what if somebody wants everyone to have the same (as realistic as possible) conditions? how do you force them to use the only and correct driving view - the cockpit view?
Form a team, buy a server and start a league. Poor Arcade Racers - The Way It's NOT Meant To Be Played
Quote from Breizh :No need to force it for spectators.

Of course.

Forced cockpit is reasonable, however forced Logitech G25 is a stupid idea ... No telepit would be a great idea though.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG