The online racing simulator
No Please...Not Summer!!
(138 posts, started )
Quote from sgt.flippy :Uhm, how old are those velux thingies? We have them open all the time, they should be able to stay open during rain...

how would you be able to open a window thats basically a hole in the roof during rain ?

Quote from Biohazard :trying to sleep when the raindrops hit the skylight is quite hard imo...

i find that sound quite soothing if its not too loud

Quote from Hankstar :best of all, members of the opposite sex start wearing a whole lot less ...

which you cant really enjoy because on your end everything down there is sort of glued together with sweat
Luckily I work only nights, so I sleep until about 6pm... so none of those things really bother me
Summer... The best time of the year! Spending whole days in the swimming pool or the river, what can one wish more?
Days and days of cricket on TV, that's what
I love summer, mainly because i get 3 months Summer holidays from school. I usually spend hese playing golf all day and every day throughout the summer, its great! This year i have a job at the golf so it wil be more fun, getting paid for what i like doing I love the warm weather(thanks to global warming ) It sjust great, and the feeling of freedom too
Summer sucks for your reasons but this particular summer is awesome for me. Starting from a week on Monday I have an 11 week break. 5 weeks into that break I go to Turkey for 2 weeks. The rest of the time I do whatever I want
What do you mean by sucks for my reasons? I choose what i want to do. My job is only a few hours a week Im going to France next week And i can mostly do whatever i like after that but i like playing golf
#58 - MR_B
Ok sod this, make room! I'm moving to Finland
Quote from MR_B :Ok sod this, make room! I'm moving to Finland

Welcome! Don't forget to take your stocking cap.
Sukkahousulakki?
What do I like about summer? Walking out of work when it's 90 F (32C) and getting chilled by the cold, LOL. With 5 2000 L water vessels heating at 155 C, 15 steam molding presses which all leak 4 bar steam out the sides every 2 minutes, and 6 extrusion lines giving off 440 F heat, the general plant climate is usually around 115 F (46 C) at about 95% humidity during midsummer. If you hold your breath, you're ok just standing. Take a breath and that's too much work, you are immediately soaked in sweat that it looks like you just jumped out of the swimming pool with your cloths on. We have a parts oven about 50x60 foot room that runs 135 F (57 C). With the humidity out on the manufacturing floor, you don't feel much of a difference walking in and out of the oven.
#63 - wien
Quote from Hankstar :You gotta suffer a summer down here and get some perspective I think.

And if you had suffered a winter up here, you'd know why we all melt when it's barely above room temperature outside.

Anyway, I have to sign up on The General Lee's side. Can't stand it when it's hot and sweaty outside. I'd take -20°c any day. Nothing beats taking a walk outside in the crisp, freezing cold snow and then going back in for a nice cup of $WARM_BEVERAGE.
i'll just keep it simple and say, i like winter.
True wien, I've never endured a northern hemisphere winter. I've seen snow once, in the Adelaide hills. It was 1996, it was about 2 inches thick and it was all gone by lunchtime - biggest snowstorm there since the 1950s

It does get pretty brisk in Melbourne - cold enough for decent snow anyway (only in the alps though, never on the plains) - but it stays above 5 degrees Celsius during the day. Luxury

However in Darwin, in the middle of winter, you might actually have to put a t-shirt on on as it can easily drop below 20 degrees C :eek: Frosty!
Ahh you guys should come to Florida if you think its hot there. It's about 40C here daily, but the humidity makes it feel like 45C . We don't have much of a winter here, might get as low as 0 C (mainly at night) if we are lucky. But gets to about 20C during the day. Sucks tbh, but that is why I like going up north for the winter .

Anyone here from Arizona btw? If anyone is going to complain I think it should be someone from Arizona .
ROFL... Y'all are hot?
It's been pretty cool here (only got up to about 93F here today)
What's hot is when it's like a 105F with 80% humidity.

The first time I went to Las Vegas was in the summer. It got to 120(?)
my first day there. With no humidity though, it felt like about 85 here though.
Great weather!
My sympathies go out to the people that live in Phoenix. Forget Death Valley, Calcutta or the Sahara. That place is hell on Earth in the summer time.

What I hate are days where the temperature is like 48-50 degrees Farenheit with a chill factor of 24. Now THAT'S screwed up weather.
Quote from PMD9409 : Anyone here from Arizona btw? If anyone is going to complain I think it should be someone from Arizona .

Do not talk of Arizona now... I'm going there in one week (Well not there, going to Nogales Sonora México [1metter away of Nogales Az lol] but still being hot), and I'll be going to Tucson to pick up my sister... Tucson is Hell
I'm really glad I don't live in the desert (I was born next to one but I don't remember it). Sounds like deserts have a lot in common all over the world - stinking hot days, freezing nights, loads of snakes & wild dogs that want to kill you. Good times! :up:
#70 - Jakg
23.5° atm, hits 25.5° last night, the night before it was 29.1° - it's killing my crappy water cooling.

My Dad's got AC in his room, but he always sets the damn thing to 16°
Quote from niall09 :What do you mean by sucks for my reasons? I choose what i want to do. My job is only a few hours a week Im going to France next week And i can mostly do whatever i like after that but i like playing golf

Sorry, my post was directed at the other Niall (The General Lee)
It's alright for you guys, my computer is in the conservatory. Now that's hot.
Yup, summers here, torrential rain this morning..................anyone got a spare ark going cheap?
Quote from Leifde :Sorry, my post was directed at the other Niall (The General Lee)

no problem, lol
Quote :Did you try them...any cheaper?

I've already paid this year's unfortunately (Pass Plus didn't bring it down either!), but next year I've seen quotes for £1600 fully comp in my name. This year I'm just sore because I'm paying £2200 for insurance that DOESN'T ACTUALLY COVER MY DAMN CAR! Bloody third party.

Ah well, in a few years (after uni) I'll hopefully get that MX-5 I want. Insurance on that will be £700-ish at 21

No Please...Not Summer!!
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG