The online racing simulator
No Please...Not Summer!!
(138 posts, started )
Well tall guys are big, and I've always been under the impression big guys don't like heat.

Still don't understand how anyone can sweat in 20 degrees. I always find the humidity the most awful, but nothing under 30 celcius really feels hot. Unless I'm playing LFS. :P
summer ftw.
No.

Summer ftl.

Too hot!
#29 - joen
I agree, summer is overrated.

another bad thing about summer: the people that have been complaining the whole year about the weather being bad and cold complain about it being too hot in the summer.
Let us not forget one major contributory factor in England...when it gets hot, it also gets very HUMID...and that is what the real killer is!
I break into an uncomfortable sweat, get irritable, and cant sleep at night at less than 30 deg C in England, yet when I was living in the South of France, a 'mere' 38/40 degrees was bearable....

and still no air-con!!
#31 - JJ72
Quote from deggis :Huh, hot in Britain? I thought it rains there all the time.

when it rains, the heat just get soaked in the air and never go away. pretty much like a steam oven.
Warm and hot weather I don't mind, Humid weather I hate and as it is usually very humid during summer here I hate the summer. I am a warm person anyway though, I wear jeans or trousers when I go out, or a jacket if it's raining but rest of the time I am in shorts and tee shirts. The only reason I look foreward to the summer is because it means by birthday and holiday.
I am actually a "warm blooded" person and I'm naturally warm anyway if that makes sense. I have always felt the warmth more than the cold. When its really cold here and I can easily go out in jeans and t-shirt. Thats why I was sweating at 20°. Normally it does have to be a tad warmer.

+1 on the "Winter: Bah, its too cold. I cant wait for summer. Summer: Bah, its too hot. I cant wait for winter"

After leaving school and now working, I find that Summer holds nothing for me to look forward to, before it was 6 weeks holiday, now its the reasons I mentioned above.
I have to say that I'm like General Lee; I feel the warmth a lot more than the cold. I routinely go outside in only a sweater during the winter (when it's around -15C. Any colder and I'll throw on a second sweater... maybe a touque too). I never wear boots, and only one pair of pants. I'm fine in those conditions mostly, unless it's really windy. Cuts through me like.. well... like something that cuts through something really easily.
Wow, dude last night, in the small time of 8:30-9:45~ I found 3 spiders, one weird flying thing that took me 10 minutes to catch, a wierd bug in my sink, a really big one in my shower and then when I came out a bee was in my house.

THIS SUCKS.

Yet I love summer...(I'm young :razz
Quote from deggis :Huh, hot in Britain? I thought it rains there all the time.

You're thinking of Wales.
the only thing i hate about summer is my room ... ive got a relatively hot pc in here ... its under the roof on the south side of the house ... and worst of all its got velux skylights ... while others are happy about a thunderstorm cooling the air ill sit in my room with 0 ventilation and wait for the rain to stop so i can open the friggin windows again ... its easily the worst invention of all time
Uhm, how old are those velux thingies? We have them open all the time, they should be able to stay open during rain...
Quote from Shotglass :the only thing i hate about summer is my room ... ive got a relatively hot pc in here ... its under the roof on the south side of the house ... and worst of all its got velux skylights ... while others are happy about a thunderstorm cooling the air ill sit in my room with 0 ventilation and wait for the rain to stop so i can open the friggin windows again ... its easily the worst invention of all time

i only can second that.
next thunderstorm coming up here...
trying to sleep when the raindrops hit the skylight is quite hard imo...
still, summer ftw.
pfft, all you silly people with windows, i have Air-Con [duffman voice] Ohh Ye! [/duffman voice]

Btw, i absolutely love summer. And i also love winter, mainly because of the nice feeling when you see your front drive covered with some nice snow *sighs with happy memorys*
I love the summer, light evenings, generally warmer/dryer, and the sunshine just seems to do me good. I often wonder if I suffer from that seasonal depression thing when summer comes along or if I go somewhere sunny on holiday, because I just feel so much brighter.
Plus I get to use the bike more than the car during the summer, and in the winter it is very much vice-versa.
i love the summer in the days because i don't really sweat much (in the day), but nights are just another story ... i just really can't get comfortable and end up with very little sleep

still the long days make up for it
Quote :20 degrees in my room with my window wide open

It's a balmy 26deg in my room NOW with the media centre PC on. Old Pentium 4 3GHz, Geforce 4 thing in a normal size tower. With a Hi Fi as well. Oh, if I was in the car where I have air con...

Quote :nights are just another story ... i just really can't get comfortable and end up with very little sleep

Same. My SMS credit goes down quickly as I'm not the only one that can't sleep.

Quote :I often wonder if I suffer from that seasonal depression thing when summer comes along

Same again, I love the sunshine.
My room is the atic room (heat rises yay) my window faces the sun and I have one of those sky light windows

Edit: 22degs in my room right now.
Quote from XCNuse :Its only 20 degrees? Man that isn't even close to hot, that isn't even close to temperate, that is cold if you ask me, It has been over 30 here every day, even early in the morning.

If you sweat in 20 degree celsius temperatures then you may need to see a doctor. :S

People that lives in the Middle-East or Africa might say that 40 is cold. It's relative... and +5° might be warm for Siberians. But yeah, 20 is pretty close to normal room temperature so it's not really warm.

Global warming is nice but real winter might be part of history in 10-20 years.

Quote : Edit: 22degs in my room right now.

Lucky thing. I read your reply in "post your car" btw, you lucky lucky man. Insurance indeed works in mysterious ways
Glad you got my reply. Did you try them...any cheaper?
Insurence is very odd, it would cost me more to insure a 318 to a 320, both cars same spec except the engine of course (1.8 and 2.0)
Simple because most "Boy Racers" go for the 318 as they think it will be cheaper to insure then they wreck them, so quotes on 318's are higher than the 320 for that reason lol.

Oh and thanks about the being lucky thing you should move to devon and get a BMW
hahah,this thread makes me laugh
Why?!?!

i'm hot for crying out loud!!

You gotta suffer a summer down here and get some perspective I think. We're still in the grips of a years-long drought with hardcore water restrictions in place. We had endless 30+ temperatures (lovely long patches of 35+ too, and me riding to work, eew the stench) with insane amounts of humidity (but no decent rain). We just had the hottest March ever and we barely even had autumn this year! The trees just sort of went from green to a bit orange and now they're bare. This is way down south in Melbourne too - it's hotter and drier in Adelaide, hotter and soaking and stormy in Darwin. It's great in Tasmania though Although right now at 7.30am it's 4 degrees and my mouse-hand is frozen...

Anyway, you forgot the good parts - beer tastes so much better during hot weather, you can drive with the top down, party outside at night and, best of all, members of the opposite sex start wearing a whole lot less ...

No Please...Not Summer!!
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG