The online racing simulator
No Please...Not Summer!!
(138 posts, started )
No Please...Not Summer!!
Am I the only one (in the UK anyway) that isnt really looking forward to summer.
Don't get me wrong, the nice sunny days and that "summer smell" is great and all, but I think too many people excuse the crappy things of summer just because its hot.

Just think about it...

Sweaty, smelly people throughout the day.
Any slightly sudden movements and you break into a sweat.
Having to shower too many times a day as sweating is uncomfortable.
Your bollocks sweat.
You have to not laugh who stick their bottom lip out to blow air or breath onto their face.
Sleepless nights as you are hot and sweaty
Your family and/or friends have to look at your ass or your nuts because you decided it was too hot under the duvet.
The sun shines on your monitor/tv.
You sneeze 10 times every 3 seconds because pollen is in the air.
Cars are like ovens when you get into them.
You go to buy a nice cold drink from the shop but because everyone else is hot, they have to keep restocking the fridge so the nice cold drinks are now horrible warm piss.
You get flies around your house.
You get those horrible fly catching stripes stuck to your clothes and fly love you.
You get flys having sex on your dinner.
Flys shit on everything so you get tiny black spots on things.
You buy a desktop fan that just turbo charges warm air into your face.
Your PC overheats as your fan is sucking in cold air.
Your arse crack gets sweaty.
Your get sexy sweat patches under your arms.
You want to buy air con for your house but for that price you would rather be hot.
Your car over heates...

and soooo much more.

I hope I'm not alone
Swelling UPS batteries and cooked servers in poorly cooled datacentres and comms rooms
Other people's BBQs
The overwhelming urge from other people that "you should really just go outside"
Feeling sleepy in the sun
#3 - JJ72
I am with you.

And over here it's already getting all monsoon, wet, windy and Mars could be actually more comfortable.
I found out a trick the other day that has made its way from the old western days into today to keep the flies away. Take a plastic ziploc bag, and fill it up with water and hang it up, and apparently its shine scares away the flies because they believe it is a wasps nest (I don't know why), but it really does work.
The water in it is just used to expand the bag so it if there is any light on it it shines no matter where you are.

As for the rest, sounds like you need an air conditioner lol.

I love the summer, and it's just now finally getting hot, it has been perfect for a while, but now its getting up into 90 degrees (Fahrenheit of course), but its beautiful outside, and we're finally getting some summer storms which I love.
I'd like to sympathise but it sounds like you're just generally a lot sweatier than I am.
I hate summers. I prefer feeling cold then warm. I hate sweaty ass cracks, especially in school with all the black seats

I'm totally with you on this one! It's too hot to sit all day in your room in front of you computer, but outside it's even hotter, so bug off!

Plus side is I get to work on my car a lot this summer.
Move up north, been wet, cold and blowy the past few days. Lovely.
Quote from Bob Smith :Move up north, been wet, cold and blowy the past few days. Lovely.

Eeeeeeewwwwwwww
Huh, hot in Britain? I thought it rains there all the time.
Its actually been raining today but it is still hot. I'm in my room and I'm hot, its 20 degrees in my room with my window wide open. I'm sweating, I had a shower this morning which means I have to have another one in a bit which = less LFS time.

I will also change my clothes when I get out the shower, that will be the 3rd set today. I always used yo like the summer, but getting to sleep at 5am because you are very uncomfortable gets annoying after a while.

Quote from deggis :Huh, hot in Britain? I thought it rains there all the time.

Thats just the stereotype really. Its not hot all year round, but we do have about 3 months of hot weather. For the past couple of years we have been hotter than Miami and other hots places...apparently.

Quote from thisnameistaken :I'd like to sympathise but it sounds like you're just generally a lot sweatier than I am.

No, your just alot less sweatier than most people
Its only 20 degrees? Man that isn't even close to hot, that isn't even close to temperate, that is cold if you ask me, It has been over 30 here every day, even early in the morning.

If you sweat in 20 degree celsius temperatures then you may need to see a doctor. :S
I love summer, bring on global warming baby, I would love it to be 30DEG C all year round.
I have just been outside then done a small bit of running/fast walking.

Us Britons are used to cold weather, so when it falls past freezing point, we all break into a sweat

But my point is, its going to get hotter and hotter and I find it uncomftable now.
uh oh, free server campaign, overheated server... summer.... cr@p
Is it ordinary to not have some type of air conditioner in Britain?

You say its cold so I'm guessing you certainly have a heater.
Quote from Bob Smith :Move up north, been wet, cold and blowy the past few days. Lovely.

Cold? Wet? Blowy?

Its only cold, if you are naked in a blizzard, up to your crotch in snow
Its only wet if you are in a bath
Its only Blowy if you find yourself standing behind a jumbo jet.

[possible bad joke alert]
Seriously though, after a few months up north (as i am) you dont even notice the fact that temperature can rise/drop more than 10 degrees in less than a few minutes. Infact, its quite normal for me to be naked, in a blizzard, up to my crotch in snow, in a bath, behind a jumbo jet
Quote from XCNuse :Is it ordinary to not have some type of air conditioner in Britain?

Most shops do in Britain but I have never been in a house that air con.

We have heaters or "radiators" as well call them
Quote from XCNuse :Is it ordinary to not have some type of air conditioner in Britain?

Man, thats some dodgy grammer.........

As for AC, most cars have it, most shops and offices have it, but it's not very common in the home.

It doesn't get very hot here, I have seen 32DEG C on some occasions, but it's not THAT hot.

I remember walking round Ostia in Italy last year in 39DEG C, now that was rather warm.
I hate summer!, right now here in Guadalajara We are at 23ºC but in like four hours more We'll be at 32ºC hell It's hot but I'm used to It.
Where I lived when I was 15, sometimes the temperature reached the 45ºC , the fan there is useless.

So /me likes Winter.
The hottest day I remember was 106F (41C) in New Jersey one summer (it was hotter than Death Valley that day!), with humidity that apparently made it more like 116F. We were playing a show that night, and some woman passed out driving her car past the venue, hit a telegraph pole and took out the power to (amongst other things) their air conditioning.

No draft beer, no A/C, and a 3000-strong crowd at a funk show. Now that is sweaty. A few had to be taken out by paramedics and given oxygen.
Quote from XCNuse :Its only 20 degrees? Man that isn't even close to hot, that isn't even close to temperate, that is cold if you ask me, It has been over 30 here every day, even early in the morning.

We've hit 40C here already. I still find it amusing that a place in Canada (albeit, one of the furthest south places in Canada) is hotter than Florida and Georgia at times.

Quote :If you sweat in 20 degree celsius temperatures then you may need to see a doctor. :S

Or maybe he's just a Canadian at heart.

Quote from The General Lee :I have just been outside then done a small bit of running/fast walking.

Us Britons are used to cold weather, so when it falls past freezing point, we all break into a sweat

But my point is, its going to get hotter and hotter and I find it uncomftable now.

I know how you feel... I'm so glad that we've finally gotten an air conditioner. My bedroom doesn't have a return vent, though, so it's still warm in here (especially when I have my PC running) but it's a hell of a lot better than not having the AC, that's for damn sure.

Quote from spiderbait90 :Seriously though, after a few months up north (as i am) you dont even notice the fact that temperature can rise/drop more than 10 degrees in less than a few minutes. Infact, its quite normal for me to be naked, in a blizzard, up to my crotch in snow, in a bath, behind a jumbo jet

ROFL

Quote from danowat :It doesn't get very hot here, I have seen 32DEG C on some occasions, but it's not THAT hot.

I remember walking round Ostia in Italy last year in 39DEG C, now that was rather warm.

Only 39 in Italy? Damn, don't tell me it's hotter here than there too! My whole world has been turned upside down!
Sweating in 20 degrees!
Are you somewhat large and tall fellow by any chance?
Quote from The General Lee :Am I the only one (in the UK anyway) that isnt really looking forward to summer
I hope I'm not alone

I also hate summer (especially mugginess like we have here today) for all the reasons you posted.

25° C is all I need. Then I can choose between a sweatshirt or a t-shirt
or long trousers or shorts and still feel comfortable no matter what I wear

I remember holidays in Turkey (44°C outside and almost no wind) a few years ago and I hated it
but the all-inclusive hotel was great, great food lots of drinks and air conditioned . If the girlfriend wasn't with me then I wouldn't have left the hotel at all
#24 - MR_B
Quote from Blackout :Sweating in 20 degrees!

Does being tall make much difference? Apart from being ever so fractionally closer to the sun?
Quote from Blackout :Sweating in 20 degrees!

6 foot 4, not fat, but not skinny either

No Please...Not Summer!!
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG