The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :u call that average?
i guess mine is then stoneage like as i have athlon xp 2600+ 1.9 GHZ, 7600GS, 1 gig RAM(333mhz).

i just wonder if there has been done anything (or somebody does know a way) to do something against that annoying stuttering when driving fast (obviously a loading problem).

Seeing as I assembled it last summer for around £300, I'd say its fairly average for a modern computer.

Now you mentionn stuttering, I get a bit when an AI car comes into view for the first time - presumably loading the model, but I don't get any high speed stuttering at all, not enough free ram to cache enough of the island perhaps causes it?

Btw, I run 1280x1024, high detail, no AA/AF, HDR off, and average 35-40fps. Upto 50fps when out in the sticks. Mild overclocking on the CPU & gfx card.
Any knows if TDU will run on this config? C2d e4300 1gb (2x512 667) and onboard intel graphics?
Switch the onboard graphics out for a 7600GT or 7900GT and it'll run it fine. A 7600GT is dirt cheap these days, £60 or so over here. Onboard graphics will *not* be powerful enough though.
Quote from Rtsbasic :
Btw, I run 1280x1024, high detail, no AA/AF, HDR off, and average 35-40fps. Upto 50fps when out in the sticks. Mild overclocking on the CPU & gfx card.

i never had a chance to look but i ran TDU in open beta with about 10-15 fps...
although i didnt do much to decrease cpu load (close other apps ect) so i guess i can reach 20-30.
Performance hasn't changed from the closed/open beta's. Infact I'm not certain anything at all has really..

With lower resolutions you'll probably be fine, if I drop the resolution a bit the framerates shoot up, but it looks rubbish on my LCD.
nah its not down to the graphics...
especially with this card (before i had radeon 9600 pro) doesnt matter what game, either very high or very low detail settings it wont change my FPS at all, not in LFS, not in Armed Assault nor in TDU.
its all down to the CPU (well and a bit to my cheap HD).
but as im a noob in OC something i keep my hands away from it as i dont have money to buy a better one or a replacement if i mess up
yay it arrived! i got it finally
and i have to say there ARE improvements, its not stuttering like the open beta did.
which is good.
of course i still get low FPS i guess something around 20 (gonna check it later).
already drove more than 500 miles today lol love it.
just one thing....how the hell does that online thing work?
and why it always says "cant connect to TDU server"(or similar, u know i have it in german)?
its allowed by the windows firewall, antivirus is off....so wth?
im pretty lost.
also...whenever i registered on their site....i try to enter my gamespy data, but whenever i press confirm.
and then i try to login again and it says autenfication error (or something along that)..
geez... the site is more buggy than the game.
any ideas/hints?
Quote from Rtsbasic :Seeing as I assembled it last summer for around £300, I'd say its fairly average for a modern computer.

Now you mentionn stuttering, I get a bit when an AI car comes into view for the first time - presumably loading the model, but I don't get any high speed stuttering at all, not enough free ram to cache enough of the island perhaps causes it?

lol my 3 ghz pos my father made barely surpasses 60 fps
Seeing from my specs, my computer is pretty fast, but the graphics card is a bottleneck. When playing any game, my cpu gets to about 40%. In TDU, i get about 30-40 fps at 1280x1024, with medium everything. That game kicks the sh!+ out of a 7600gt, and mine is overclocked.
How do you view your FPS in TDU? I caved in and bought it on Tuesday. Glad I did, I've been having a blast in my Aston Martin DB7 Zagato
i play it now on PS2, i have a (fastest) Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo: level 3 tuned so 900HP, then a Jagguar XJ220 also very fast, then a Caterham 260RS and a euhm euhm ohyeah a Noble M400 also top tuned very responsive good acceleration but my baby stays the Saleen S7, so ive ayone wanna compete against me on some highway or just mountain course add me on msn: [email protected] or if u see me in-game u can add me as friend, Scrabby offcourse
Quote from MAGGOT :How do you view your FPS in TDU? I caved in and bought it on Tuesday. Glad I did, I've been having a blast in my Aston Martin DB7 Zagato

add -fps to ur target shortcut

@Scrabby PSP lol
anyway, i have the saleen too on stage 3 and it has 1000 hp (PC version of course)
got almost all cars by now (only those not which i dont like or which a very smimilar to other models - 350z, 350z nismo).
Got it awhile ago, currently have an Alfa, Z06 and Ascari. I'm doing the delivery missions and in a few more I'll have a McLaren F1...

Gotta love the perfect rev-matching whenever they shift for manuals... at least they have the option to disable autoclutch...
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :add -fps to ur target shortcut

@Scrabby PSP lol
anyway, i have the saleen too on stage 3 and it has 1000 hp (PC version of course)
got almost all cars by now (only those not which i dont like or which a very smimilar to other models - 350z, 350z nismo).

i said PS2....lol, i had the 350z (later tuned to Nismo R Tune Power, same with the R34 i had) i had a Alfa V6, a Noble M12, M14, a Mclaren F1 LM, i sold it, a Mercedes SLK55 AMG or smthn like that and lost, losts lots lots lots more..., im kinda t3h p0wn4g3 on PS2
nah the PS2 version is crap just as the PSP version is.
poor gfx, no bikes, no additional cars ect ect ect.
and of course u need to buy the networkcrap first too before u can play online.
lmao.
havent used my PS2 in the past 2 (or even 3) years.
pc forever.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :nah the PS2 version is crap just as the PSP version is.
poor gfx, no bikes, no additional cars ect ect ect.
and of course u need to buy the networkcrap first too before u can play online.
lmao.
havent used my PS2 in the past 2 (or even 3) years.
pc forever.

i dont have it for psp, i really am sad there are no bikes, ferrari(wasnt beautifull enough for them on PS2), i allready had the networkthingy :P and the gfx are..acceptable
Quote from Scrabby :i really am sad there are no bikes, ferrari

hmm i think ill go and have a ride in my 288GTO and my kawasaki ninja after :uglyhamme

im not mean, no ^^
I have it for 360, and a friend has it for PS2, it's really a completely different game, lol. I really really miss the bikes.
PC's FTW!
I have it for PC and it runs very smoothly, as all the other games.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3,0GHz
MAIN: ASUS P5N32-E SLI
RAM: Kingston 2x1 GB Dual Channel. 800MHz
VIDEOCARD: Geforce 8800GTS 320MB

Videocard 320MB memory is enough for me, because i don't run games at super high resolutions.
TDU is pure joy when it runs flawlessly
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :

i rarely can discover that.
usually i run with around 20 fps in the city even lower with around 14 fps.
but, when i drive in areas with low traffic and / or no human players i sometimes hit 35 fps.
i hope the upcoming patch will improve the performance for me (cant afford a upgrade atm).
lol@ the patch still not being out yet.
Somehow I doubt there will be a patch.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :PC's FTW!
I have it for PC and it runs very smoothly, as all the other games.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3,0GHz
MAIN: ASUS P5N32-E SLI
RAM: Kingston 2x1 GB Dual Channel. 800MHz
VIDEOCARD: Geforce 8800GTS 320MB

Videocard 320MB memory is enough for me, because i don't run games at super high resolutions.

want FPS u got there? looks like a hell machine to me
Quote from Gabkicks :lol@ the patch still not being out yet.

atari was always.......slow.

Quote from ColeusRattus :Somehow I doubt there will be a patch.

it will...the question is when.
they said it will be 99% out this month but i wouldnt be surprised if the 1% wins
I'm only a couple days away from playing TDU(hours if i'm lucky). I made a bet with my parents, if i won an essay contest at school i would get a new computer. I lost, but they felt so bad that they just bought me a new computer anyway(or they were so banked on me winning that they pre-ordered it). all I need now is for my dad to hook it up and i can play. all i know is that there will be no sleep here this weekend.

Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG