The online racing simulator
Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
Very minor... " bug? "

W9 related, didn't see it in the list of fixes in W10:

When you false start, the drive through penalty msg appears. If you then stop and false start again, it appears again. It appears however many times you stop and creep fwd before the green, but of course only one drive through is truly issued.

Not a big issue at all, just a consistency thing and I know you're a perfectionist

PS: Sorry for spamming the last patch thread with crap / ot suggestions. It won't happen again.
Thanks, will check out
Quote from Scawen :Connection bars are not drawn if they would obscure tyre info

Jus wondering... why is it not possible to just disable the connection bars? Or is it, and am I blind?
I must say I am really impressed, it's been almost a year that I've been away from LFS, and this patch made me want to start racing it again.

Congratulations Devs! It seems to be such an awesome patch! I hope you keep it up and give us more improvements!!!
Thanks for the patch!

This still exist in W10:

In Options in "View" and in "Display" you can set the digital speedo, I don't think it's neccessary to put this option twice in the game?

Brikkah
Quote from LFSn00b :Luckily i have a good PC. I love racing 20 ai!

Great eh, 20 AI MRT ftw! :P
I've just done a race with this new patch, W10, TBO cars: the race was very close.
The winner drove an RB4, the second (I) the FXO, with RACE_S setup. The third drove an XRT...
#33 - Vain
W9 and W10: Is the behaviour that occurs when you exit LFS via the windows exit button while refreshing the server list desired? It takes over 15 seconds to actually exit and shows a blank backgroundscreen in the mean time.
It might be that way by design, but it isn't optimal so I mention it.

Vain
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :When you false start, the drive through penalty msg appears. If you then stop and false start again, it appears again. It appears however many times you stop and creep fwd before the green, but of course only one drive through is truly issued.

Also, if you already have 30 or 45 sec time penalty from false start, then you can't get it for speeding in pitlane. In case of 45 sec penalty nothing happens, and if you have 30 already, can drive up to 100 kmh. That noticed in single player.

This maybe is improvement suggestion (sorry then ), but shouldn't penalties add up? That is, if you have already drive through, and then get another, it would turn into stop&go, if have stop & go already and get another, should stop for longer etc.
I think I spotted a bug. One player got all sort of error messages OOS PLY... and then when he was kicked new message appeared: xxx was banned. Immediately he went back on the server so he wasn't really banned but kicked by the server. I checked the translation and I didn't mix those two new messages up.
Before W9 admins could drive the wrong way (with autokick enabled) without getting spectated. In W9 and W10 even admins are spectated (havent tried with kick yet).

Is this a bug or a new "feature"?
Quote from Misko :One player got all sort of error messages OOS PLY... and then when he was kicked new message appeared: xxx was banned. Immediately he went back on the server so he wasn't really banned but kicked by the server.

I witnessed a similar case "OOS PLY SET", can't remember the exact line and I don't have it in a logfile either. To me it looked like the player normally telepitted and when he attempted to unpit "X was banned" but could join again after server autokicking.

Server was running WE1 with layout in practice mode.
#38 - dev
Quote from nikka :Before W9 admins could drive the wrong way (with autokick enabled) without getting spectated. In W9 and W10 even admins are spectated (havent tried with kick yet).

Is this a bug or a new "feature"?

I hate admin being privileged! I hope it's a feature
Quote from Scawen :Don't worry about the colours, they will be user definable (colourblind people need that) and I have not perfected the default colours anyway - it's the last thing I did before release this evening.

Quote from hackerx :Also, if you already have 30 or 45 sec time penalty from false start, then you can't get it for speeding in pitlane. In case of 45 sec penalty nothing happens, and if you have 30 already, can drive up to 100 kmh. That noticed in single player.

This maybe is improvement suggestion (sorry then ), but shouldn't penalties add up? That is, if you have already drive through, and then get another, it would turn into stop&go, if have stop & go already and get another, should stop for longer etc.

+1, this issue needs to be addressed.
Quote from Jakg :with 8xAA i get 21 FPS at T1

I manage 45 FPS. I think more ai cars are needed. Anyway it works well.
Changes made from W9 to W10 :

"Demo races limited to 12 cars (15 guests still allowed)"

:noob: What a bad idea this was.
Quote from Scawen :Single player now allows up to 20 ai cars (powerful pc needed)
Small map cars more than one lap ahead are a different colour

Dude !! :jawdrop: I can't believe you did both the things I asked for. This is like the fifth thing I've asked for and you did. resent:
Thanks a million

Quote from Scawen :
FIXES :
Incorrect false start penalties while stationary at start
Displayed mass in garage flickered while moving handicap slider
False start penalty was given for an early start in qualifying
Corrected width of split time difference (in live position list)
Wrong "A race is starting" if track changed but no race started
Joining a waiting start grid sometimes produced a false start
Could quickly pit and return to grid to remove a false start
Skins used in race were not stored correctly in MP replays
Admins could not kick or ban using the list of connections
Could be given a pit penalty on a track with no pit lane
MRT would fly about if voluntary added mass was too high

And you also ironed out all the major W9 gremlins in one go :jawdrop:

EDIT:
Quote from Scawen :Don't worry about the colours, they will be user definable (colourblind people need that) and I have not perfected the default colours anyway - it's the last thing I did before release this evening.

Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :Changes made from W9 to W10 :

"Demo races limited to 12 cars (15 guests still allowed)"

:noob: What a bad idea this was.

You still get a 10 times more functional demo then most other developers make.
One good example is netkar pro....
eek, upon patching my W9 install to W10, I have no unlocks anymore

Good bug fix list though Scawen, especially on the DT on sprint tracks
It still says " Host is LFS S2 W 0.5W9 " in the W10demo server overview..

Bye..

W-10 patched DanishRacingProServer
Sweet, i just downloaded it, but i just came back from a night out, and im shattered *faints* but when ill check it out tomorow, nice work devs, you guys are doing great

Frenchy
Quote from mikey_G :You still get a 10 times more functional demo then most other developers make.
One good example is netkar pro....

Agree, demo racers need to be left wanting more ..

Excellent patch devs !! I look forward to the user-definable arrows
I have no idea if this is known or not, I dont pay enough attention and never bother with single player usually...

After doing a short race (mixed TBO's, FE Green, 2 laps, layout) in single player with 20 cars, I watch the replay, then when I try to come out of the replay I just get that 'metal'-look silver screen you get when loading replays and no sound, and that's where it stays.

Menu's still work though and I can return to the pits. The only way to start a new race though, is to return to the end race screen.

Patch W10.
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG