The online racing simulator
Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
I didn't forget the button.
When I did that it wouldn't turn at all. >.<
:

I feel very fortunate to not be suffering the issues mentioned in this thread.

I have my wheel set to 720deg, and it uses all that. I have enough play to accurately dodge oncomming highway traffic at 300k (most of the time ) I never use all that lock obviously since oversteer doesn't exist in useable fashion. I do however find the brakes a bit odd, just like what Neil described above.
I Figured you have to do the same in TDU than you do in LFS, on the main button screen, where it says left and right, click left, rotate your wheel full to the left, then center, and repeat
Yup, I did that automatically when I first ran it. There are also "sensitivity" sliders, whatever that actually means.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :It's part of the game. If you crash your car, it crashes your PC to make it more realistic. (duh)

interesting ... makes sense too

Quote :You never replied to my post in the V2 thread :cry:

i will just havent found the time yet
right then, once more time, if it gives me the black screen it is OFF my HDD's!
Quote : I have my wheel set to 720deg

I've probably ranted about this before, but the in-game wheel not being linear or turning to anywhere near 720deg would piss me off.

How many degrees does the in-game cockpit wheel have?
Quote from Jakg :right then, once more time, if it gives me the black screen it is OFF my HDD's!

rumor has it working on tdu is the reason why nkps development has been slow lately

Quote from TiJay :How many degrees does the in-game cockpit wheel have?

oooooonehundred and EIGHTY
180? Could be worse, might still be worth buying.
I don't feel much with my MOMO (black) and force feedback. I don't feel bumps when I drive over a sidewalk and I don't feel that tug that tells me I'm about to lose control.

Maybe I didn't set something up properly.

Oh, this may be a noob question but what is the benefit or use of the handbrake?
The cockpit wheel is not matched to the actual input which is silly, but watch the road not your virtual wheel

I have 720 set in Logitech driver IE, max turning radius is achieved at max wheel rotation in TDU, it's just not "displayed" via the car's virtual wheel.

EDIT: you guys are so picky, wanting software to work all the time :rolleyes:
I think LFS has spoiled some people's view of the real world, where things rarely work
edit2: I made a LEET post! w00t!11
Quote from somasleep :I don't feel much with my MOMO (black) and force feedback. I don't feel bumps when I drive over a sidewalk and I don't feel that tug that tells me I'm about to lose control.

Maybe I didn't set something up properly.

Oh, this may be a noob question but what is the benefit or use of the handbrake?

Well it's good if you want to drift, then handbrake is really good.
The hardcore mode (using the 100% savegame) is kind of ok. Thanks for posting! Its on many torrents now as well.. Grip levels seem realish, but it shows some unrealistic aspects, like roads that make cars jump at 60mph where the actual speed limit seems to be 50?

The auto head turning with steering is very very very annoying so its basically 'bumper cam' only for me. That is a bit of a shame, especially with the hardcore physics being 'acceptble', then being basically forced to play in arcade view is kinda worse than it was in 'arcade' mode.

Car dynamics aren't quite sim like, its kinda odd how you can sort of use power to get some sliding happening, but weight transfer whatever you like, that won't break rear grip or make it easier to break grip when used together with some power.. Yet when grip is lossed its lossed big time.

Probably another victim of:
- Hmm we need some physics thingies
- google
- pacejka! great! 60 odd parameters that I don't really understand but we can say we're using a real tyre model!
- aaaah here we have some grip graphs, grip drops to half after you peak, sure yeah!

Still its a fun diversion and I'm lucky enough it doesn't crash much here.
Do you feel bumps?
What are your settings in game and in control panel?

I want to try again when I get home.
This game seems like its really fun to just relax to. Amazing graphics? Fun gameplay? Decent physics when 100% complete?

I want...
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :This game seems like its really fun to just relax to. Amazing graphics? Fun gameplay? Decent physics when 100% complete?

I want...

Yes, No, With luck, No. Game is actually 100% complete, they are just maybe trying to fix bugs.

Some may have different view, but this is mine
i think he means when you get hardcore mode.
Quote from Rappa Z :i think he means when you get hardcore mode.

Could be very well that indeed
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :This game seems like its really fun to just relax to. Amazing graphics? Fun gameplay? Decent physics when 100% complete?

I want...

Exactly, I think it worth it. I'm actually really stoked about the online component, which I will try when the game comes out here in 6 days.

It's really different than anything else out there, it's vast and beatiful and the gameplay is not stupid.

Perhaps it needs a decent rig, but it seems to work great for me. Perhaps (just a guess) dual core machines don't see the stuttering since the OS will use the other core for whatever processes are causing the stuttering or slowdowns or whatever. I'll post a couple screens for you if you want, so you can see what is looks like without retouching etc.
BBT, you could have just ordered it as an online download... like... 2 weeks ago?
I prefer to have a package if one exists, and Maggot said the online download was poo, and I couldn't even find it.
I would have bought it, if it ran better, but it runs about as fast as myself on KY3R in an XRG.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I would have bought it, if it ran better, but it runs about as fast as myself on KY3R in an XRG.

that's still faster then me

I want...

decent physics? arguable, i've been round tight corners at 145 in my Alfa GT which it should NOT of done, but the rear just wouldn't break loose, im also not that keen on the graphics, but their better than LFS
One good thing in graphics is that forest is like a forest at least a bit. But what is with all that flying garbage, there is storm all time?

Test Drive Unlimited
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG