The online racing simulator
Quote from scoobyrbac :Ok i downloaded Blender...and when i opened it it looks like this...WTF! Why is it link this? I have python..do i need to redownload it?

Would like to know ;-)

Hmm, I remember seeing someone post a topic about the exact same thing just a couple of days ago. Can't remember what was causing it, but try the search to find it.
hmm im looking i cant seem to find it...maby im looking in the wrong spot...
ok now im downloading the trial of 3dsMax..not sying its good but is there a crack for it to make it full? or not?
There are cracks, but they don't work as well as advertised and decide to de-activate themselves for no reason.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :There are cracks, but they don't work as well as advertised and decide to de-activate themselves for no reason.

aww dangit...i guess i will have to stay with the 30 day trial...anyone else know if there is any?
Please don't discuss cracks.
Quote from joen :Please don't discuss cracks.

Sorry...I just sisnt know if theres any that works...I would use Utorrent but i have no clue how to use it...
I've been working on improving some of my scenes, first up was the BF1 since I had to rebuild it anyway because the original got corrupted for some reason.
I'm not too sure about it though, been trying to do something different from my previous one. The wheel material definitely sucks. And those sidewall alpha's keep annoying me
Attached images
BF1-Render.jpg
Thats very nice! When will be the scene public?
looks okay, it really need a GI (skylight) in there though for the shadows to really fit in rather than just being ... how it is now, as for your tires, the problem is is that you're using a bump map, and its only giving the effect of being 3d, which ... you dont want the effect, you want it to really be like that, so thats the only problem

but a skylight will really improve the whole look, and give the wheels and body some shadow to it rather than just being a light, and a ground shadow like it is now
Actually there is a skylight in there, but I agree on the shadows. I just wanted to experiment with lighting more. Before I just used the simple self-illuminating reflection plane above the car. So I'm still learning how to get it right.
About the wheels, the material is pretty much unchanged from my previous renders and it just doesn't seem to come together at all with this lighting setup. Although it always seemed to look better on wheels with few, larger spokes. So I'm going to have to tweak that around as well.
Yeah, the tyres...I would have to model my own to make them look better. For now, they look much better than they used to, I spent a lot of tweaking on the material to make the best out of it.
And it's not just one light in the scene, there are about 5
Anyway, its work in progress

e2mustang: sorry, it won't be public
Quote from scoobyrbac :ok now im downloading the trial of 3dsMax..not sying its good but is there a crack for it to make it full? or not?

NOT the thing to ask for on this forum, im adraid
Nice angle joen
i wonder if anyone has ever corrected any models to smooth them for render purposes. Maybe we should each do one model for rendering and make it public. I think ill start on xrt...
how you guys do all backgrounds and floors are they done in 3d max or photoshop???
it depends man.
Most of the time its a picture in 3D on a plane(background). So it seems like its really there. Or it could be a 360 hdri image.
Or indeed it could be justa model on black background and edited in photoshop...
Quote from joen :I've been working on improving some of my scenes, first up was the BF1 since I had to rebuild it anyway because the original got corrupted for some reason.
I'm not too sure about it though, been trying to do something different from my previous one. The wheel material definitely sucks. And those sidewall alpha's keep annoying me

WOW very good

my last render...skin team

http://sg-render.ovh.org/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=0
this is my effort, i think its ok for my 3rd attempt LOL

Niffer, maybe set the box above not to cast shadows, so then the light gets to the cars?
ill give it ago now i really want a mirrored floor but i cant seam to do it
coolio cheers buddy ill have a play after this render, back in 30 mins LOL

p.s how i load in ian's maps??

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG