The online racing simulator
Tracks we wanna see in S3
In keeping with the thread on cars, post in here what you'd like to see in S3 as far as tracks go.

Because there aren't yet any signs that the developers are going after licenses for real-life tracks, please keep your choices fictional. (ie. don't say Nurburgring or Spa no matter how much we want them). Rather, choose a style as you'll see in my choices.

- a short, low-banked oval, suitable to the FOX and isn't flat out all the way around. Make it American in atmosphere.
- a country roads circuit, like the Isle of Man TT
- a German/Belgian style track that winds through forests and features long straights and fast turns (ideal for FO8)
- an airport course using runways and taxiways
If there's going to be karts, then a track like Buckmore Park. Even if there's not going to be go-karts (which I'm afraid will happen), I'd still like to have Buckmore-type of track, for MRT to race in.
#3 - Lible
Airport course seems to be damn good idea.

I would personally like some more Blackwood configurations.
Personally, I'd like to see an extremely long straightaway. Not only would it be fun to hit maximum high speeds, but sometimes when I get bored, I go to the dragstrip and pretend I'm driving on the street - with AI cars being regular people driving along (think GTI vs. FZR). Then I watch the replays and see how insanely quick I accelerate past them or how big of a lead I can catch them on. Good fun. (Oh, and forget I said this, but a straightaway would be PERFECT for playing with LFSTweak) :shhh:
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Nordschleife? Yes, that was me.
I think the kind of tracks we need now with the faster cars are more the type like...

Nordschleife, Le mans (without the chicanes), Spa... they need an atmosphere about them. Kyoto GP is quite a long track, yes, but to me it's atmosphere is still the same as any other 3-4km track... need a track with character... out there.

but lets not forget the slower cars too...

maybe one or two more tracks like Bathurst, Philip Island or brands hatch... still with character, but a little twistier.
Langstrecken... Long tracks that you just can't learn by driving 10 laps... I'm talking 10 miles minimum. Likes of the Nordschleife...

Ovals... Shorttracks, Speedways, Superspeedways, Dirttracks.

Rally stages... Anywhere from 4 to 50km multi surface roads through forests, towns, farmland.

Stadiums... Different setups inside a football stadium for different short racing series... I'm thinking drifting, pick-up truck racing

Kart tracks... Short narrow tracks for those small open wheeled moped type cars.
I really want too see a massive uphill track, with no downhills - Which will reverse as a massive downhill course.

Think this will push the cars to their limits, if we have full engine damage ie oil temp, water temp, over heating etc by the time s3 gets here

Cheers,
I just would like to see more nonreal tracks by Eric. He is artist, no artist wants to copy something what allready done, I wouldnt. Maybe he could do hes own Nurburing, better and even more dangerous. There is no limits because this insnt real, we must remember that. I want my wheels of the ground and fly

And another thing to remember is that S2 ISNT EVEN OUT YET!
Quote from Blackout :

Who said it was. There are things for S3, as we know they will never make S2
Its just a bit silly to see S3 threads allready
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Quote from Vain :We have no influence on S2's features anymore. The next version we can influence is S3. So this isn't silly at all.

Vain

Thats too true , The devs prob already know what they are going too add into S2, and what things they are going to sort out.
Quote from Blackout :I just would like to see more nonreal tracks by Eric. He is artist, no artist wants to copy something what allready done, I wouldnt. Maybe he could do hes own Nurburing, better and even more dangerous. There is no limits because this insnt real, we must remember that. I want my wheels of the ground and fly

I have to agree that Eric design tracks for LFS that are unbelievable. All the tracks in LFS are too fun to drive and the apexes are right on. I'd love to see an airport track with lots of bumps allowing the cars to fly midair. I also would enjoy racing at a port city like Monaco. I think a long straight would be boring. Just hit the drag strip.
A baja 1000 type course, to go with the baja truck i mentioned in teh other thread.

We can dream, i suppose..
i think the current tracks ae AWESOME. it's fun once you get to know where the little bumps are and such.

on thing that might be added (if it's not already) is different sections of pavement on the track with varying levels of grip. corners where the asphalt has been ripped up and concrete has replaced it.

maybe corners where the "line" is one material and off line is another.

also, it would be nice if a track could "rubber in" as the laps went on. and what about if an off course car could bring sand or dirt back onto the track with him.

oh! how about after a few laps if you went off line (could be more pronounced on a street track) you'd pick up "marbles"

these are the little things that plauged me in my karting years.

speedfreak227
Quote from HittiS :I wanna something like an "American route 55 style" track! Gimme a veeery long stright to cruise on, or make a "country road route 55 style circuit" ... that would be great!:boing:

Dont want to seem like a smart ***, but I suppose you mean Route 66!

Would be very cool though, to have a very long straight of road to race on, yet probably not very competitive in the end.

I would like to see the same kind of creativity that came with S2. Fictional tracks, very diverse, but extremely competitive, and loads of fun. And one can always improve on these tracks, which I see as the main feat.
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
Wheres the fun in going in a straight line? Each to their own i guess..

Now, going in a straight line, while jumping over multiple 10/20 foot jumps, that sounds like real fun, to me!
Quote from marsden1002 :I really want too see a massive uphill track, with no downhills - Which will reverse as a massive downhill course.

I agree. This is something I'd like to see as well. A winding country road. Not a race track at all, just a long, twisty two lane road with plenty of elevation changes. There were tracks like this in the original Need for Speed (before it was all about 20" chrome wheels and stickers) and those were a LOT of fun.

I'd also like to see off-road tracks that have no pavement and plenty of jumps (a truck or buggy to go with it would be nice). Maybe an indoor stadium dirt track or an outdoor track with several different configurations.

A dirt track oval and a sprint car or stock car to use on it.

A figure-8 track that will allow us to run multiple laps. This would fit perfectly in the infield of the dirt track. I watch this type of racing every year on the 4th of July and it looks like a LOT of fun.
I would like to see Brands Hatch and Bedford Autodrome circuits implemented (and their variations - GP, club etc)

Main reason being because I've driven those in real life many times
I wana see a really long track, like 7-8 minutes, with changes of elevation, like start high above sea level, then go downhill.
Not so much a downhill "mountain" just a long track with a downhill look to it.
#21 - Gunn
Some great suggestions here, but Airport tracks? Airport tracks are usually hated by drivers because they are bumpy, slippery, dangerous, and have no elevation changes. Most airport tracks suffer from unimaginative layouts as well. I recall reading comments by various drivers stating how much they loathed airport circuits and setting up the car was always a bit of guesswork. Are people suggesting these tracks because of the surrounding environment? I can see how that may be appealing. I'm yet to see a decent track utilising airport runways. (not refering to WW2 airfields that became cicuits like Goodwood, Silverstone etc). I can see how a change of track scenery is appealing in an aiport setting, though.
I would like to see some versons of real tracks. And especially Swedish tracks
A track like Mantorp Park for example, could be a perfect track location since it has at least three possible configurations.

And it would be VERY fun to have the not yet finished (if it ever will be) Viking Motor Park in LFS

As you can see, this one has many planned configurations and if finished, it will be one of Europes biggest tracks.
I want togues, any elevated plains would be good.

Also a small dirt oval like the ones those champ cars race?
Quote from (NOZ)RockyZ :
Also a small dirt oval like the ones those champ cars race?

What champ cars have you been watching? DIRT?

speedfreak227
Quote from Gunn :Some great suggestions here, but Airport tracks? Airport tracks are usually hated by drivers because they are bumpy, slippery, dangerous, and have no elevation changes. Most airport tracks suffer from unimaginative layouts as well. I recall reading comments by various drivers stating how much they loathed airport circuits and setting up the car was always a bit of guesswork. Are people suggesting these tracks because of the surrounding environment? I can see how that may be appealing. I'm yet to see a decent track utilising airport runways. (not refering to WW2 airfields that became cicuits like Goodwood, Silverstone etc). I can see how a change of track scenery is appealing in an aiport setting, though.

I see what your saying, but airfield tracks like Bedford Autodrome are great for rookies/noobs because they are so flat, and the run offs are massive, and dont punish you for spinning. The circuit layout is actually quite good.

Tracks we wanna see in S3
(509 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG