The online racing simulator
What are you passing to the welcome line?
//if required : welcome message up to 200 chars
/welcome=welcome.txt
Are you sure that welcome.txt file actually exists, and the process has the rights to read it?
Yes its there..

I've just created the file with new/textdocument
Do I have to set permissions on the file?
dhcp
Quote from the_angry_angel :Are you sure you're forwarding the ports from the router to the correct computer? Bear in mind that if your network runs off DHCP (like most), then your local addresses can change.

Im presently using dynamic ip adress but i dont close or reebot my pc at all so my comp lan ip (shown with the cmd ipconfig) is still the same from the adress in the virtual server Soon ill try to set it to static. And tell if it work
my modem block all port
hi, it seems that my speedstream 4200 modem block all port (but i can send and receive files in msn or bitcomet..) In this modem menu (192.168.2.1) there is no port forwarding or anything related with ports. It only have status with some info and reset. but its sure that i can do something about it maybe using telnet or hyperterminal? i really need help
MSN can work without listening on a public IP, as can bittorrent. However, assuming I'm reading this correctly (and it's the right router I've got up), your modem does support forwarding. You might want to take a look at this?
Quote from the_angry_angel :MSN can work without listening on a public IP, as can bittorrent. However, assuming I'm reading this correctly (and it's the right router I've got up), your modem does support forwarding. You might want to take a look at this?

I had already read almost all this file from siemen and a lot of forums but its not the same interface look here is a screenshot of the menu that i get from my modem config page (from another user but same thing)http://membres.lycos.fr/iown/1.JPG , http://membres.lycos.fr/iown/2.JPG ? I want to open port from server side its not illegal.. ty for helping
I ordered another modem/router from bell , the speedstream 6520 i cant figure how to forward port on the 4200 but the one ill get in about 5 day have the port setting but for 79,95$..
Hey all,

I'm running 2 XP machines. I play the actual game on the PC that connects directly to the internet. My second PC is connected via ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) and is running the dedicated server.

I can connect and play via the LAN fine. I can also see the server via my LFS desktop @ lsfworld.net. However, all attempts to connect to the game via the internet are failing.

I'm using Norton Internet Security on my main PC and have opened the required ports as outlined in your sticky.

http://www.appsoft.co.uk/images/lfs_desktop.jpg

TCP PORT SETTINGS

http://www.appsoft.co.uk/images/lfs_port_tcp.jpg

UDP PORT SETTINGS

http://www.appsoft.co.uk/images/lfs_port_udp.jpg

So, any ideas on this at all? I remember with one game (Unreal maybe), I could never view my server if I was behind the same physical IP, although I could still play.

Also, is there a designated place on the forum where people can post their servers for other people to try and connect to - a kind of server diagnosis and test forum? This would be most helpful and I didn't really want to crowd this resource thread; feel free to move this post to a more suitable forum.

Many thanks.
Attached images
ss_lfsdesktop.jpg
lfs_port_tcp.jpg
lfs_port_udp.jpg
#87 - SamH
If you're sharing a LAN with the same machine that's running the Dedi, I believe you have to join it on the LAN, rather than over the internet. Internet users should be able to join over the Internet. LAN users over LAN.
Quote from Sonarfox :Hey all,

I'm running 2 XP machines. I play the actual game on the PC that connects directly to the internet. My second PC is connected via ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) and is running the dedicated server.

I can connect and play via the LAN fine. I can also see the server via my LFS desktop @ lsfworld.net. However, all attempts to connect to the game via the internet are failing.

yeah man i got the EXACT same issue as you do, i think its to do with the 29339 port

something is not right with that i believe is causing our issues
some more developments, i saw 2 people enter my server which is GOOD
i guess im trying to get onto my server from PC's in my same network, im guessing that cant be done?
So, could someone perhaps try and access my server? I'll have it running constantly so I can log any attempts. I'm concerned that the firewall is still being a bit too agressive and not letting anything outside of the LAN through.

The server's host name is Sonarfox (note the upper-case 'S'), and it's running S2.

Many thanks in advance.
im in under "woody" right this second actually!
I just joined with no problems, there is also someone else on the server.
It seems that your server is working fine.
Ah! Wonderful - many thanks for trying that out folks.

Does anyone know what [ERG] in red, before someone's username means in the server console window?

Cheers.
Quote from Sonarfox :

Does anyone know what [ERG] in red, before someone's username means in the server console window?

Cheers.

The [ERG] in front of my name is for the group I usually race with, The Euro Racing Group. Most of us play GTR and will be moving to GTR 2 when it is released, a few of us play LFS.
Gotcha.

Thanks again.
someone join my server too lol

"East Coast Oz Drift" in Demo mode
sonarfox did it work?? i was talking to u while u were in my game, if u join thru ur local IP, its the same race as what others online are playing

that i guess wasnt clear in this section, i was trying to find myself in the server browser lol
Yeah, it works fine. Only thing wrong is my outstandingly bad driving.

Cheers.
Quote from roo-boy :someone join my server too lol

"East Coast Oz Drift" in Demo mode

I got a ping of 377 for your server so it was a little laggy, apart from that it's fine.
ahh ok, ur in england so thats ok
im an aussie

Guide: Running an LFS Server
(666 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG