The online racing simulator
Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
Here is a clip showing it.

https://streamable.com/8d0ipx

I have turned on the extra light only once. After that I only changed views with v.

The doors stay open. Only the opening animation gets replayed when changing view, that was what I was trying to say.

This clip also shows another problem I have experiencing with stutters.
It happens around 13s mark when i switch from cockpit view to custom view.

Stutters like this is happening for me in multiplayer when other people join the track. Especially when joining with mods, and I started noticing it after the mod system updates.
I have also seen other people mentioning this stutter.
Test Patch D60

Graphics:

Support for stretched tyres (when rim is wider than ideal)

Commands:

/key command accepts 12 keys described by a word (see Commands.txt)

Misc:

Updated document Commands.txt (in docs folder)

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005
All right, I've found a way to reproduce redbot's bug! Nod

This happens, if I set custom view to have real mirrors, then create a different adjustment for the mirrors in that view.

Apparently then the mesh is rebuilt when the mirrors are updated.

I'm confident this is the reason for redbot's observation - different mirror adjustment in custom and default driver view.

There's probably a way to avoid this happening so I'll have a look tomorrow. Thanks again for the report. Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :All right, I've found a way to reproduce redbot's bug! Nod

This happens, if I set custom view to have real mirrors, then create a different adjustment for the mirrors in that view.

Apparently then the mesh is rebuilt when the mirrors are updated.

I'm confident this is the reason for redbot's observation - different mirror adjustment in custom and default driver view.

There's probably a way to avoid this happening so I'll have a look tomorrow. Thanks again for the report. Thumbs up

Ok that was it. after removing the mirror adjustments, it doesn't happen.

But, even having custom adjustment in only one view causes it.

Having custom adjustment in custom view and, changing from external to cockpit view also causes the mesh to rebuild.
Now, in the last day of coding, I am doing a few safe remaining things.

Normally I request for people to avoid spamming me with the same reports they already made before.

That still applies, but in the case of actual bugs or anything that we would regret not fixing before this weekend's release, please do tell me if I seem to have missed or forgotten anything.
-
(agustinipsa) DELETED by kristofferandersen : off-topic - post in improvement suggestions
Quote from Scawen :...but in the case of actual bugs or anything that we would regret not fixing before this weekend's release, please do tell me if I seem to have missed or forgotten anything.

I posted few possible bugs in this thread few days ago. There is a possibility that you may have missed this one and I think this one is an actual bug introduced in D50:

Quote from tankslacno :2) Related to this test patch: bug when using command /h_mass

If you choose a vehicle, which maximum voluntary added mass is less than 200 kg, and you decide to add a value that is higher than that vehicle's maximum possible added mass, LFS erroneously states, you have that much of added mass as a handicap, even though you don't really have.

Quote from Scawen :Now, in the last day of coding, I am doing a few safe remaining things.

When a spinner object is turned off and stops in a position different from a default, it resets to the default position abruptly.
Quote from tankslacno :I posted few possible bugs in this thread few days ago. There is a possibility that you may have missed this one and I think this one is an actual bug introduced in D50:

Thank you, it's not that important but was easy to fix so I've corrected that.

Quote from stuchlo :When a spinner object is turned off and stops in a position different from a default, it resets to the default position abruptly.

Thank you, that one is still on my notes.
D61:

Graphics:

Vehicles are no longer fully regenerated on every mirror adjustment
- fixes bug that moved subobjects were reanimated on mirror adjust

Korean IME:

FIX: Since 0.7C the last character would be lost on pressing enter

Interface:

FIX: Handicaps message after /h_mass now states correct added mass

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005
Quote from Scawen :Now, in the last day of coding, I am doing a few safe remaining things.

Normally I request for people to avoid spamming me with the same reports they already made before.

That still applies, but in the case of actual bugs or anything that we would regret not fixing before this weekend's release, please do tell me if I seem to have missed or forgotten anything.

Development is now finished for 0.7E!

Report IMPORTANT BUGS ONLY please!

(I have updated the spinner ending rotation and plan to release that in a test patch tomorrow)
Posted in https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2069871#post2069871 but I'm not sure where it fits more.

Getting "MOD : Could not save file" errors on Version 0.7D62

Reinstall, removing read-only from all subfolders in LFS and other basic troubleshooting did not help.

Happens, when LFS is installed in F:/LFS or D:/LFS.
When LFS is in C:/LFS works.

Edit: Nevermind, used up all activations to test, but from what I gathered:
Installing 0.7D, then immediately applying the 0.62d update before unlocking or connecting to a server results in the error.
Installing 0.7D, then activating, then connecting to a server, where at least one skin is downloaded and saved, and only then applying the 0.62d update, it works.
Seems reproducable, was able to recreate it 2 times.
Also copied my cfg.txt and interface_cfg.txt over every time, if that matters
Thanks for the test, I've added some more unlocks to your account.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the test, I've added some more unlocks to your account.

Thank you! Let me know if you'll need more info, maybe it's also dependent on my installation or windows environment.
I am a bit too mindblown at the moment, to run the test myself. I have to go to bed. But would appreciate anyone else trying that.

As I understand you:

- fresh install of 0.7D, do not save mods
- install D62 immediately and unlock
- go online to server with mods
- if your bug is reproduced then it fails to save mods

[ EDIT: It seems all figured out now, see below ]
Yes, correct.
How I initially encountered this:

-almost fresh windows install (no prior LFS installations)
-installed LFS_S3_7D_setup.exe in F:/LFS (was able to reproduce in C:/ later)
-without launching it, copy over the 0.62d update
-without launching it, copy over cfg.txt and interface_cfg.txt
-launch LFS, unlock
-go online to server with mods -> fails to save (and show/open) skins
Error messages
Attached images
mod_error.PNG
did you removed G point meter?
Bro, its really weird the bikes in D63 Compared to D57, i dont feel conected wit
Bro, its really weird the bikes in D63 Compared to D57, i dont feel conected with them anymore in my strering wheel, its light weight and not in a good mean, looks like a bug bc this thing has A kind of slowness to control, I don't know how to describe it well but it's strange, I don't know if you've seen anything on the bikes from D57 to D63 that changes this but it's very, very strange , you changed something in the steering correction? Ples, im really sad bc im completly fall in luv with the 57 handling Frown i really aprecciate your work on this amazing game <3

scawen, can you fix these glitch?
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/103724
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/103920
Quote from mwbeatzz :Bro, its really weird the bikes in D63 Compared to D57, i dont feel conected with them anymore in my strering wheel, its light weight and not in a good mean, looks like a bug bc this thing has A kind of slowness to control, I don't know how to describe it well but it's strange, I don't know if you've seen anything on the bikes from D57 to D63 that changes this but it's very, very strange , you changed something in the steering correction? Ples, im really sad bc im completly fall in luv with the 57 handling Frown i really aprecciate your work on this amazing game <3

D63 Is not a thing, also last bike physics update was patch D46. I drive bikes in LFS daily and i can assure u that nothing changed in physics since then. It must be on your end or it's mod related.
-
(Tuttu The Dog) DELETED by Tuttu The Dog
A little translation bug in german (Deutsch.txt). The key isn't mentioned in the string.

3h_res_head Scheinwerfer
should be
3h_res_head 3 - Scheinwerfer

and

3h_cyc_lght Scheinwerfer durchschalten
should be
3h_cyc_lght 3 - Scheinwerfer durchschalten
Attached images
Screenshot 2023-12-16 100615.png
Screenshot 2023-12-16 100630.png
Quote from any333 :Yes, correct.
How I initially encountered this:

-almost fresh windows install (no prior LFS installations)
-installed LFS_S3_7D_setup.exe in F:/LFS (was able to reproduce in C:/ later)
-without launching it, copy over the 0.62d update
-without launching it, copy over cfg.txt and interface_cfg.txt
-launch LFS, unlock
-go online to server with mods -> fails to save (and show/open) skins

I have checked this and confirm
did you run lfs as administrator?
This thread is closed

Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG