The online racing simulator
20th Anniversary!
(149 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scawen :Options - Display - Checkpoint text : [split times]

Split count's from start of lap to the checkpoint of that split, sector times count from checkpoint to checkpoint, wich when you are trying new ideas in some sections is helpfull to tell if it's better or not.

just my 2 cents.
I meant seeing others sector times too,just whit 1 command or something,in current stage of lfs its not possible,thats why we use airio
and we need Delta time on screen
-
(RacingSOUL) DELETED by RacingSOUL : wrong thread
#80 - V_Ro
Long life for:LFS Thank you!
Quote from luchian :Wow, how the city changed in 20 years.

17 years - if I can read from version history correctly,South city was released 17. july 2003 (ver 0.3A) while seems the current state of South City has been released 25. june 2005 (ver 0.5P).
People around here correct me if I wrote something wrong.
Quote from Eclipsed :17 years - if I can read from version history correctly,South city was released 17. july 2003 (ver 0.3A) while seems the current state of South City has been released 25. june 2005 (ver 0.5P).
People around here correct me if I wrote something wrong.

There was another South City refresh since 2005 (added a couple of new configs as well iirc), but I forget exactly when.

Edit: Test patches started Dec 2007
Happy birthday! Cannot wait to test those 1000Hz Smile
Happy anniversary!

Btw, has anyone been able to make LFS work with full motion rigs?
Quote from RacingSOUL :Btw, has anyone been able to make LFS work with full motion rigs?

Several, LFS has had support for a very long time and as I understand it, some major studios have even borrowed LFS OutSim protocol.
Quote from Degats :Several, LFS has had support for a very long time and as I understand it, some major studios have even borrowed LFS OutSim protocol.

Thank you!
Happy birthday LFS
Happy anniversary! Best ever sim in the world. The most organic physics and graphics!

I'm here forever since ~ september 2004.
Long live LFS!
Happy anniversary! Smile LFS

I wonder, are the new experimental features (1000Hz physics update and separate threads for graphics and physics) blocking a possible release of the new graphics & tyre physics, or are they on an experimental branch? When the tyre physics are at a releasable state at some point, can they be released without the experimental updates?
Quote from Degats :Several, LFS has had support for a very long time and as I understand it, some major studios have even borrowed LFS OutSim protocol.

Similar with Codemasters as well. Their UDP Protocol at one point was pretty much OutGauge although it's matured well beyond that.
Quote from Degats :Updated the "before" South City overview image using a modified shader to remove the haze (thanks Martin)

https://imx.tc-g.uk/20th/05

Nice!

Quote from gu3st :That one makes me wish we got a daytime aerial view of South City as well for a more direct comparison

Yes, good idea.

Eric has sent me a daytime version of the same South City view (attached).
Attached images
SO day -124711065 61885117 77812672 10227 6191 0.0 65.3.jpg
Daytime aerial looks great. Any chance we could also have a full top-down view like with the other track bitmaps please?
Happy birthday, live and be healthy with wishes for success, I am proud of you and the work you put in, because for me LFS is not just a simulator but a way of life.
Happy 20th Birthday Skaven Roberts, Eric Bailey, Victor van Vlaardingen.
LFS
Happy BD LFS !
20/20 tyre physics, 20/20 netcode, 20/20 community

Looking forward for 1000hz smoothness with any framerate but, well, still wondering if we get new tyre physics and 1000hz at the same time or those updates come separated?

Just in case of some future hardware updates, does it really mean 1000fps/maxHZ will become a point of competitive racing?
As a mouse player should i buy some bigass 360hz boi incase of 1000hz update or 100fps cap will be still kicking?

hmmm, is my 20 post here
Quote from paket42x :Happy BD LFS !
20/20 tyre physics, 20/20 netcode, 20/20 community

Did you tried it already? Uh-hu
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Daytime aerial looks great. Any chance we could also have a full top-down view like with the other track bitmaps please?

Yes, Eric sent me the latest update and I've generated a bitmap for new SO. https://www.lfs.net/static/man/SO_new.png

It has the same scale as the bitmaps of the public tracks (1 pixel = 1m).

The bitmaps are generated at 2560x2560. Small parts of driveable road are missing off the top and bottom right of the image.

EDIT: there is another download below with all the driveable roads visible
Really appreciate it, thank you! 😃
Even better, fantastic! Thanks 😃
This thread is closed

20th Anniversary!
(149 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG