The online racing simulator
20th Anniversary!
(149 posts, closed, started )
Happy birthday! Can't wait for the major update..
LFSLazy features
I have to add to previous descriptions of LFSLazy contents, that it also shows how many laps can you do with the fuel selected. Makes fuel setting easier, while you don't need to calculate how much you need.

Also, it shows how fast can you go with every gear, and helps set gear ratios.

My view with the widgets I use is also attached. I use car radar as well, but it doesn't work with Oculus. That's why it's missing from the picture. Also what is missing from the left side, is the live gap thing, seen by the video earlier (while this is q not r).

Edit: I also added shift+u mode, where LFSLazy opens up a list where I can just click to load layout into the track environment. It's one of the most useful tools as well.

Sorry about the language in the pics, but I think you will get the point Smile
Attached images
Bensa.jpg
Välitys.jpg
View.jpg
Shift u.jpg
Quote from pantiainen :Edit: I also added shift+u mode, where LFSLazy opens up a list where I can just click to load layout into the track environment. It's one of the most useful tools as well.

That one and a couple of similar I have on my to-do list as PIE scripts, just FYI. (Dunno when I'll get to it, as always, but it's on the list! Wink)
Would be nice to hear from the developers about the things Mandula mentioned Smile
Well, I can't do it - you know what I am busy with. I wondered if Victor might be able to consider some of those features, but I can't speak for him on that. I know he is interested in things outside LFS at the moment. He of course keeps things running but he doesn't have much time developing new things for LFS right now, after spending a lot of time on the mods system last year.
Quote from Scawen :Well, I can't do it - you know what I am busy with. I wondered if Victor might be able to consider some of those features, but I can't speak for him on that. I know he is interested in things outside LFS at the moment. He of course keeps things running but he doesn't have much time developing new things for LFS right now, after spending a lot of time on the mods system last year.

The problem is when people make suggestions they think you copy paste the code, and voila, LFSlazy integrated.
Quote from nexttime :The problem is when people make suggestions they think you copy paste the code, and voila, LFSlazy integrated.

Lol why so offensive,we dont think that
Quote from Scawen :Well, I can't do it - you know what I am busy with. I wondered if Victor might be able to consider some of those features, but I can't speak for him on that. I know he is interested in things outside LFS at the moment. He of course keeps things running but he doesn't have much time developing new things for LFS right now, after spending a lot of time on the mods system last year.

Thanks for the answer fair enough
Quote from nexttime :The problem is when people make suggestions they think you copy paste the code, and voila, LFSlazy integrated.

Actually, no. I'm quite aware what goes in coding to make something work, even though I'm not a high-level developer. As for my long(ish) post explaining the racing-related features, since more info was requested about them and noone was willing, I decided to conduct an overview that could be referenced later. As far as I see, nobody demanded these features here right away, just exchanging ideas and sharing what is there in these 3rd party software, that someone not regularly racing might not be aware of.

I think Gabor didn't demand a test patch right away, just wanted to hear what the dev(s) think about the features. And he got that. That's it, no need to point fingers. Smile
-
(BateKris07) DELETED by BateKris07 : mybad
I think now more important is to focus more on the LFS updates that are being made because this is being very important to be released Smile
After that I think actually inserting LFS Lazy officially into LFS would be very interesting.
Having the same merges as LFS Lazy from customizing the quadrants to competitive merging and adding friends and following friends etc...
I think it would be very interesting to see everything that was in Lazy inside LFS in the future after the updates of course because at this moment LFS really needs them 😍
Congratulations !
I wish the power torque curves were recalibrated more realistically. Even if the adjustment is made, there is still a problem at low rpm, the vehicles have difficulties. It is a detail as important as new physics for me.
Happy birthday LFS! Will you increase the connection number of the multiplayer player, it would be very nice if it was 100 players instead of 48 players.
20 years and going still waiting for tyre physics, rain and of course the now outdated and discontinued scirocco LOL
Happy 20th birthday! I can't believe how quickly time passes! Lots of great memories and great friends made along the way!
Time really flies, LFS made this far.
Cheers!
20 years wow
think I joined 19 yrs ago had a lot of fun in the early days but where has the time gone and where is the scirrocco LOL LOL LOL still wondering if when the elusive tyre physics are done in 2322 we'll be getting an out of production 100 yr old shitbox in the game.
Were you minus 15 years old when you joined?
Quote from ShannonN :think I joined 19 yrs ago had a lot of fun in the early days but where has the time gone and where is the scirrocco LOL LOL LOL still wondering if when the elusive tyre physics are done in 2322 we'll be getting an out of production 100 yr old shitbox in the game.

That was a long sentence to read. Apparently this old shitbox of a game is still worth it to post a useless comment like this.
Quote from Scawen :Were you minus 15 years old when you joined?

No, I'm now 66 yrs old so definitely wasn't minus 15, 19 yrs ago dunno where that come from must be looking at someone else's sign up data
Quote from ShannonN :No, I'm now 66 yrs old so definitely wasn't minus 15, 19 yrs ago dunno where that come from must be looking at someone else's sign up data

I think he was using sarcasm to suggest that your comment was that of someone who is immature.
I really think that there will be no tire or physics updates. Perhaps some graphics here and there.

LFS is old. Its cars are all outdated and the modding is mediocre.

I am suddenly realizing that we don't know the curriculum of Scawen (physically and technically speaking).
OK, the thread has now taken a turn for the worse, as they all do in the end.

The moaners have arrived! Looking So I'll close the thread now.

Thanks everyone else for the messages and support. Thumbs up

Some people may be interested in the Progress on Multithreading thread.
This thread is closed

20th Anniversary!
(149 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG