The online racing simulator
20th Anniversary!
(149 posts, closed, started )
20th Anniversary!
Hello Racers,

It is the 20th anniversary of Live for Speed becoming well known! According to various sources, it was on 18th August 2002 that Demo Test 0.04k first became known to more than a few people. It was very exciting to see the reaction to this new racing simulator that seemed to have appeared from nowhere and was quite different to what was available at the time. It had a focus on multiplayer racing. Despite synchronisation issues, it was already a lot of fun to race around Blackwood, with up to 8 drivers, in an XF GTI, XR GT, or XR GT TURBO.

If you'd like to try 0.04k it is available on our downloads archive page. It does not connect to the master server but it is possible to connect to a host directly by IP address.

LFS has come a long way since 2002, with 9 track areas now available and a huge variety of cars created by racers using the new mods system. Of course, there is more to come, notably a new graphics system and new tyre physics. The new graphics system includes dynamic lighting and day to night transitions. The tyre physics update is more realistic and accurate for a better driving experience.

We decided to show a few pictures of some track updates that Eric has been working on and share some technical details about the ongoing development in the physics system.

Please visit the 20th Anniversary page to see the screenshots, read about the development and watch a few short video clips.

Thank you for all the support over the last 20 years!

- LFS Developers
Attached images
16307077 -1812912 1317557 4574 2413 0.0 83.3.jpg
Happy 20th birthday LFS!
Happy birthday!!! Smile
woo
Awesome! Happy birthday LFS!!

Bancroft Autodrome looks brilliant, can’t wait to have a go at it!
Beautiful!
This is crazy how many time has passed but one thing stay constant for me: LFS still my favourite racing simulator for 14 years. I would like to thank dev team and community for bringing me this unforgettable experience all over this years. Happy birthday!
Congratulations guys!
20 years is quite the achievement!
Looks beautiful can't wait but then again I have no idea how much work is put in this.
Anyway Big Respect And Happy Birthday Thumbs upThumbs upHug
Happy Birthday LFS! These updates are looking amazing Thumbs up
No words can say how much I enjoyed LFS during so many years since I

tested it on the 22nd of december in 2006 and bought the S2 after just

like one hour. Thanks for this, the "Game of my Life".
Thank you, the progress is spectacular! Smile Heart LFS
1000Hz is looking great in slow motion, ah.
Happy birthday LFS and thank you so much Scawen, Eric and Victor for this awesome game.
Happy birthday LFS! 🎈
-
(BeNoM) DELETED by BeNoM
Congrats on the milestone!
WOW. 20 years? omg.
for 17 Years, i start to play lfs with my dad. Now i play with my son ^^ ... thanks

Happy Birthday!
From the first time when I tested the demo version back in 2005 to this day it never left my hard drive!

Happy birthday LFS!
Happy birthday guys ! Awsome as usual, and unexpected ! Beautiful shots ! Amazing LFS
Thumbs up
Happy Birthday
L Heart F Heart S !!
Quote from Scawen :Thank you for all the support over the last 20 years!

- LFS Developers

No! I have to thank you for such an amazing simulation Thumbs up
󠀠👌󠀠󠀠
Happy birthday LFS Smile

Also, sadly no progress report from Vicc regarding to new music...
Happy Birthday!!!
This thread is closed

20th Anniversary!
(149 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG